Released December Update

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Dec 11, 2019.

1. JyriK

JyriK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    I'm using the latest Beta. Disabling FXAA helped a bit, but there's defo room for improvement. SteamVR was optimized for iRacing, so I most propably need to tweak it again.

2. Jona777

Jona777 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +409 / 0 / -0
    So after having played a bit the past weekend i can say thank you very much for the update.

Very nice to see the dynamic time of day. Hopefully next step is to add night as well :D and maybe dynamic track-circumstances while you are at it o_O
    The new Curb sound is very good i think. The tire squeaking is something a bit to get used to. On the Tatuus f4 it is allright but with gt3 much more there.
    New menu looks great.
    New physics are great so far in my opinion having tested limited cars. I do have to fiddle around with the multiplier a lot. Tatuus f4 i had to lower it by quite a bit and gt3 i have to go higher quite a bit.
    I am on a thrustmaster t300 alcantara and am still playing with my FFB settings from before the update and feels good to me having to adjust the multiplier as said.
    Maybe i will take some picture of the settings and go back to default to start over to see if i am not missing anything..
    Havent bought the newest cars yet but will do so in a few weeks. :cool:
    Once again thanks for the update. Looking forward to whats next..

• Like Like x 1
  3. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    Shadows are really whack atm, flickering quite badly, is this because of the time of day transition? Sadly it even happens when time is set to x0, even the guages on the 92 Ford DTM dash flicker, same with the overhead banners at Nurinburgring and under car shadows really noticeable on Nordschleife also the rear lights of the 92 DTM Audi.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. MattStone

MattStone Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    The are also boxy at a distance

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. 2ndLastJedi

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    Yep, I tried lowering settings trying to get the old shadows again (pre update) but it doesn't seem possible.

6. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    Since this update i spend lot of time with this game and tested a lot with the new and updated cars.
    It's fair to say i really like this game even more than before. The new physics, ffb, sound and other things bring this game to a higher level.
    So i want to thank everybody who was involved with this new update, the whole team including all the beta testers. :hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes:

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  7. 2ndLastJedi

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    So how is it best to set up the Ai now ? Adaptive seems a bit broken for me , can i reset it ?

8. BrianBosch

BrianBosch Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +129 / 0 / -0
    This morning I had about 30 minutes and did a quick run with my most driven car in R3E the McLaren 650S (because of the matching Fanatec wheel which I cannot see in VR....it's something between my ears). Wow it feels really different but better. You now actually have to use the TC otherwise with TC off it is almost impossible to set a reasonable time and/or stay on track.

• Like Like x 2
  9. JyriK

JyriK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    New favourite combo: Hillclimb Icons at Bathurst. What a hoot!

• Like Like x 1
  10. RoccoTTS

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    I refuse to use TC, i know i'm probably slower by this but it's so much more fun :)

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    You can remove or back up this file in order to start from scratch: Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData\Player1\aiadaptation.xml

12. Badgerous

Badgerous Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +223 / 0 / -0
    Well I now know what I'm trying this evening.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Beastux

Beastux Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +288 / 0 / -0
    Not sure. With some cars, I'm faster with 0 TC.

• Like Like x 1
  14. RoccoTTS

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    Don't really know, never compared the two.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  15. William Richardson

William Richardson Active Member

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    The really skilled people change their TC on the fly, I have watched people change it three four times in a lap. I will never reach that level, I just set the TC and leave it there.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2019
  16. BrianBosch

BrianBosch Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +129 / 0 / -0
    Yes!! I'm 'really skilled' then. I'm also trying to play with TC levels during a lap but most of the times I end somewhere in the grass :D.
    Like @RoccoTTS wrote: In the past TC null was my only way to go. Recently (I think when ACC EA showed up) I started using TC more.

• Funny Funny x 2
  17. BeefMcQueen

BeefMcQueen Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    I tend to turn TC down until I can not hear that strange grumble when it kicks in exiting turns for example. In most cases I then settle at around level 5. Maybe it's a placebo but I'm imagining that some cars are more agile that way. If you think about some lower powered cars or cars with tons of rear end traction, it might be detrimental to even more cut down that needed torque - be it through intervention of the ignition or the brakes. Or am I wrong here?

18. 2ndLastJedi

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    Will this help even fixed Ai ? I couldn't handle the adaptive Ai so went back to fixed at 110% but the Ai are still spinning ,Ive had more time to witness the goings on now, going over race replays to find the issue , they just sit on track waiting till the field go past causing all sorts of slow downs even for cars 3 to 4 turns away from the spin .
    I really hope S3 are working on this issue because it is making racing against the Ai a complete let down , especially as when you get to race them they are fantastic , but they just spin and then the rest of the field have this "i cant go past a spun car" mentality and its horrible :(

I cant believe im the only person having this problem !

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Jota Ele

Jota Ele Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    5 days since the update and my wheel still not work what is this joke?

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  20. Beastux

Beastux Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +288 / 0 / -0
    I read somewhere that Michael Schumacher used to change his brake balance several times per lap, for the most important brakings...