Released December Update

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Dec 11, 2019.

1. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    You're not the only person, but it depends greatly on which car/class/track we're talking about. Some are more prone to these issues than others.

AfaIk those issues don't have anything to do with the adaptation file.

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. [RWB] al gartner

[RWB] al gartner New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I not that skilled either, but on the FR-X17 i assume changing TC almost as often as gears especially on tracks like Bathurst, helped me to down laptimes to 1.32.0 (btw after update no way under 1.32.9 and FFB feel kinda squishy though setup tweaked after doing first runs on default)

3. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    It's happened to me in GTO, 92 DTM, Touring Classics and GT3R so far.
    I've removed that Ai file anyway to see.

4. fireballr18

fireballr18 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +75 / 0 / -0
    I always start TC off when driving a new car/track combo, driving a car for the first time anyway. Just to learn the car behaviour as pure as I can.
    I normally use then as little TC as possible, going step by step upwards until I got the feeling to have a well-stable but still rotating car.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2019
  5. switchface

switchface Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +111 / 0 / -0
    I jotted down some notes from others to implement on my rig last night.

I still get some FF peaks that clip above the red line. I have game FF intensity to 100% and SimCommander at 80% Accuforce intensity. I experimented lowering to 30% and as expected the wheel gets light, looses life...yet I still get some clipping which was surprising (and this is with FF multiplier set at default for each car). What is the preferred solution when there are so many places to tweak?

I was previously using 100% steering rack, but Georg and others said to try 30% or 0%. Tried it and like it, but now feeling some new counter forces...not necessarily bad, just need to get used to it. While there I was at 0% for FF dampening (because SimCommander does it?) but now added 10%.

So many people share preferred settings, but if they are using Logitechs and Thrustmasters, the experience will be very different from the settings I may need for Accuforce (or others on DD). Does anyone at Sector3 have a preferred Accuforce setup?

6. Beastux

Beastux Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +281 / 0 / -0
    I just do the opposite! :D

7. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    Same, I start high and dial back

8. Jetsun

Jetsun Active Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    Been advised recently to learn a new combo with all electronic off, and it seems to really help me smooth out my inputs, still way behind you fast guys, but at least I have way more confidence in the car when I put aids back after a while.

9. fireballr18

Ratings:
    +75 / 0 / -0
    Probably that's what I'm doing wrong :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. 2ndLastJedi

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    Just start with default and adjust TC down each lap till you spin!

11. fireballr18

Ratings:
    +75 / 0 / -0
    After a couple of hours I have to say the ai doesn't work that well as the intention is. Spinning a lot, faster cars are very often hesitating when the should overtake slower cars, the speed level is varying during a single race etc.

Hard to have a good and close race on the Nords, especially when it comes to pit stops :(

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    I've heard a good quote shortly: "you can't fix problems, you don't know, they're actually there" - Tim Dodd, the Everyday Astronaut.

You and also some others discovered something, that maybe isn't tested enough yet, because of lack of testers, time or fitting occasions.

I'm saying: These problems are just discoverable, because we encounter them in the first place, so more testing before release may actually helped to stop some of these things to happen, but they will not appear everytime, so there is margin for error. The AI has some good foundation to improve on some aspects, now with the new behaviour and features, but it's likely, that this only will happen with more people reporting these things. :) In an optimal scenario, this shouldn't be on the consumer, but this market is still very small, so who knows.

I'm doing more sprint stuff and also discovered some spinning out AI on the NoS, but not at this "reportable" magnitude, it felt more "normal", so it seems, it has to improve on the long runs and multiclass occasions, as far, as i understand many experiences.
    I've not tried these things very much until now, interesting to know, therefore.

13. 2ndLastJedi

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    I've had only 10 lap races around a few tracks and even when qualifying I keep having really bad races as the Ai are always spinning and the cars behind come to a complete stop waiting for the spinner to come back but the spinner doesn't want to move until the cars have past so its just a parking lot! This is with both adaptive Ai and fixed at 110. Ive now removed the adaptive Ai file so it starts to learn again so hopefully that's going to help, doubtful.

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. MattStone

MattStone Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    Yeah there are quite a few tracks where the AI are having trouble
    I've been doing some testing with the 911 GT3 Cup car and these are the basic results so far

These tracks are good to great where you can have relatively clean AI races
    Autodrom Most - Grand Prix
    Red Bull Ring Spielberg - Grand Prix
    Zhuhai - Grand Prix
    Chang International Circuit - Full Circuit
    Circuit Park Zandvoort - Grand Prix
    Circuit Zolder - Grand Prix
    Spa-Francorchamps - Grand Prix

These Tracks are impossible to race with the AI due to all the spinning and off track lines they same to be taking
    Hockenheimring - Grand Prix
    Hungaroring - Grand Prix
    Imola - Grand Prix
    Twin Ring Motegi - Road Course

I've found the AI are much better and more challenging than before but S3 have a lot of fine tuning to do with the new AI.
    They fixed some issue but introduced others :(

But I'm not going to let that stop me from having some great AI races on the track/car combos that are working:)

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. takmaru

takmaru New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    As I reported to other threads, simhub Shake it works with RRRe, but simvive SC4 doesn't work at all.
    I couldn't reset SC4.
    Both other sims work without problems.

16. 2ndLastJedi

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    I can add Salzburgring, Nordschleife, Moscow to the bad Ai tracks. And agree on Hungaroring but not tested others though.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2019
  17. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Since this update I know that I brake way to hard. After two rounds my steering-wheel starts to vibrate due to flat spots on the tires.

18. Badgerous

Badgerous Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +223 / 0 / -0
    Is flat-spotting on by default, or is it a part of the damage system?

19. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    You have to have damage set to full to be able to get flat spots

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. 2ndLastJedi

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    5 laps into a 10 lapper at RedBull Ring in a Porsche Cpu race at 110% Ai there was 3 cars spin coming out of last turn onto main straight ! I was 12th and tried to stop but past 2 cars as well as the 2 spinners while trying to avoid the car park that ensued and it took the rest of the main straight till the cars got even close to full speed again :(
    Call me when S3 update the Ai as im just wasting my time here :(

• Winner Winner x 1