Does the old Logitech Momo Force Feed Back work with this game?

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Maddawg, Feb 7, 2015.

1. Maddawg

Maddawg Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    I'm sick of all the conflicting settings and erratic behavior with the G27 wheel.

2. Best Answer:
    Post #2 by Georg Ortner, Feb 7, 2015 (10 points)
  3. Georg Ortner

Georg Ortner KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +3,507 / 0 / -0
    Best Answer
    Yes.

4. Maddawg

Maddawg Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Thank you!

5. Mike Demers

Mike Demers Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    I started this game with a momo Force and then switched to the g27 after a week. I found the limited rotation of the momo a deal breaker for me and the cars were very twitchy. it will work though. I have my g27 dialed in now so I will never go back.

6. Maddawg

Maddawg Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Mike! I found out that the Momo uses the Logitech Profiler anyway, which is what I was trying to get around. So I've decided to stay with the G27.

7. Mike Demers

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    Ill try and post my settings tonight. they are much different that alot of ones Ive seen but I try and keep the feel of all my sims pretty much the same.

8. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    Another black momo user here. Works nicely for me, but i have a G27 in the mail coming. I am, however, kinda sentimental over that black MOMO - it's just a solid racing wheel, FFB and all.

9. Maddawg

Maddawg Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, I'd like to see what you have. Seems like I'm forever tweaking my settings.

10. Maddawg

Maddawg Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    That's what I seem to remember, that it was free of any goofy counter forces and just worked from one game to another. Just get in and drive. It took awhile to adapt to the G27, but once I did it worked well. It just seems that R3E has so many wheel and force settings that I get lost, not to mention the Profiler, whew!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Mike Demers

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    here you go - not perfect but best I can come up with. lazy and took pics with phone too..lol
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. Maddawg

Maddawg Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Mike!! I'll give those a try.

What are you using in Advanced Settings??

Last edited: Feb 12, 2015
  13. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    haha I know! I'm a little worried about the transition but i think i'll get it. I think i have a good enough R3E setup in the profiler to only have to tweak in game settings hopefully. I'm going to start with what I have with the momo settings and go from there i think.

14. Maddawg

Maddawg Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Good idea, that should work. For me it felt overly sensitive to my steering inputs. Here's a Youtube video of a friend that shows him using his G27 for the first time out, watch it, its a hoot.

15. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    ROFL (vid)...
    Just for the record (guess most know it, but newbies might not) so anyway :
    I'm still using the Momo and it works very well, also satisfied with the FFB Feedback.
    Using Steering Lock Settings 12 for modern racecars & 13 for the classics it doesn`t feel twitchy at all...
    Only issue is the Profiler that is activated automatically and messes with the input when lauching R3E, but just close it via Task Manager and voila...

16. Maddawg

Maddawg Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Thank you!

17. Mike Demers

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    I forgot to look last night. Nothing special if I remember right. Everything default except 15% dead zone in brake for my GTEYE spring and I usually have throttle sensitivity low to compensate for my heavy foot:D

18. Maddawg

Maddawg Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    I like your setting and am using them now. I use a different Range and Lock in game than you do and that's only because of personal preference. The settings I was interested in the Advanced Settings are: Spd Sense Strg (0), Min Strg Speed (63), Max Strg Speed (86) and Steering Sense (25). My settings are bracketed.

19. Maddawg

Maddawg Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Also I was wondering why your GDS page looks different than mine? You have Use Special Steering Wheel Settings and Use Special Game Settings. I don't see that in my GDS. Global Device Settings.png

20. Mike Demers

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    mine weren't global settings - I make a specific game settings entry for each sim I play.
    I believe the Min and max Strg settings arent used if the speed sens is set to off or 0 - as it should be with a wheel.
    My sensitivity is 50%

21. Maddawg

Maddawg Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Thank you my friend!! :)