Assetto Corsa Competizione

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by HomieFFM, May 31, 2018.

1. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    The one without the arms en wheel do have 1 con and that is the head movement does not work in that view. So for now a nogo for me. I really love how they've done this.

2. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    ^ Again, move your virtual alter ego back. In car, same menu. You can also alter eye height there. The proportions of hands and wheels to the rest of the cockpit, are correctly modelled. You just have to move your zero position to where your virtual head is. Works good.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Slugger O'Toole

Slugger O'Toole Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

The AI is sensational. TBH you can not say if the counterparty is real or AI...just wow...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    After a year since Early Access I gave AAC another chance just yesterday and I'm impressed. It really feels & looks good now, it is demanding and makes a lot of fun. Only thing I don't get friends with is the vast amount of options and features which bring ACC near a high-end flightsim. Total Overkill. And I tell you why : I'm a speed/adrenalin-junkie not a simnerd who wants to become a hobby race engineer cause that drives me away from what I enjoy in the first place : RACING ! Apart from that ACC is cool (for singleplayer use in my case) ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. ChatCureuil

ChatCureuil Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    Don't worry about clicking buttons in setup, I only use default setups (mostly Safe one), eventually adjusting TC and ABS and still can win some online races. :)

6. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Yepp, guessed so, thx ;) (that's why I love RRE)
    Its also more about that crazy amount of additional features and settings that I find more or less useless. More extensive setup parameters I'm used to from rF2 or GTR2 back in the days....though mostly it's about anti-roll bars, toe-in, camber, springs/dampers, gear-box, tire pressure if available, break-balance and TC (if available) anyway...but it's ok that nerds can become totally nerdish here...whatever suits you best ;)....

Last edited: Dec 6, 2019
  7. R.Noctua

R.Noctua Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    You already have two pre-installed systems - normal and aggressive. In 90% of cases they are perfectly configured, so you don't need to study the settings.

I use the Motec analogue and can say that the presets from dev are very good. You only have to choose TC, ABS and fuel cards. :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Andy Kettler

Andy Kettler Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,107 / 0 / -0
    Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.2 update OUT NOW!

https://steamcommunity.com/games/805550/announcements/detail/3462636667940631775

- New Custom Livery Editor
    - Introduction of HDR (High Dynamic Range)
    - Vehicle Chassis Flex Simulation
    - Brake Wear introduced and affecting handling in long-distance races
    - Tyre Model Improvements
    - Custom Video Settings Save Slots
    - VR Video Presets
    - Multiplayer: Increased slots for private servers for Spa, Monza and Paul Ricard
    - Multiplayer: Custom BoP for private servers
    - Safety Rating improvements - Driver's rating will generally improve for fair drivers
    - CP (Competition) Server now run in booking mode, offering 3 races per day. Make sure to collect your track medals and sign up today! They will open tomorrow at 18:00 CEST

• Like Like x 3
  9. Frontkratzer

Frontkratzer Active Member

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    Great Update! ACC is getting better and better. :)

10. Andy Kettler

Ratings:
    +1,107 / 0 / -0
    Yep thats a huge changelog :eek:

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Bull Shark

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Nice update.:D

12. Karting06

Karting06 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    Do they brake pad changes in pit stops?

13. Andy Kettler

Ratings:
    +1,107 / 0 / -0
    I think so...

"Brake disc and pad wear is shown at the end of each driving session, when you return to your strategy setup UI on the "last readings" box."

14. Slugger O'Toole

Slugger O'Toole Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    It is really amazing. I just got time yesterday to check out the new Showroom and the possibility to create own cars...than started a session, jumped into an AI car to check HDR Output....so great....looking forward to drive in the WE.

15. R.Noctua

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    I used to praise ACC, but to be honest, I like Raceroom better. My time in ACC 400h, in R3E is 20 hours and I can say it's love at first sight. :p

I have great respect for the work of Aris - he is a really talented man. But I don't like the graphics in ACC and UE4.
    FFB in R3E impressed me and I stopped playing ACC. But in general, Kunos are on the right track and I'm always happy for them. Each patch is a small but significant improvement, and finally dont need edit .json files.

So far, I have no doubts about my choice of R3E. I hope that the graphic design in ACC will change someday.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2019
  16. Bull Shark

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    I love RaceRoom but I can't get the AA to my liking. Still AA issues. all settings are set to high. Perhaps it is time to completely delete all settings and start fresh..

17. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Reading the readme and notes proved to be a very exhaustive task...

18. R.Noctua

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    Believe me, it's better to have problems with AA than with good graphics like in F1 2019, which just eats your eyes with a blur.
    R3E has the right colors to save the eyes, although it doesn't look very modern.

19. Andy Kettler

Ratings:
    +1,107 / 0 / -0
    Sry I don´t understand your problem. I mean i´m not blind, need no glasses and i love the graphics of ACC... And i only play in 1080p... Believe me i would notice if it would look bad compared to other sims but it looks great/realistic :)

Some time ago some people complained about the trees in ACC... I mean it has 3D tress and they look great... Every new game should use 3D trees... Then I complained about Reiza´s decision to use 2D Billboard trees in AMS 2 and i got dislikes as hell in the Reiza forum... Sometimes it´s just weird in the internet :D

• Agree Agree x 3
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2019
  20. fbiehne

fbiehne Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +110 / 0 / -0
    Great sim and all…now if they’d just substitute the GT3s with something more exciting. :D