Released December Update

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Dec 11, 2019.

1. Wilko Jones

Wilko Jones Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    I don't know how to change the time of day back to hours and not the general times of the day. I know I changed it from hours, but I cannot find where to change it back. Could anyone help me out here?

2. Skidmark

Skidmark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    I think that was a change to the menus in that small update-to-the-update last week. Apparently the fix enables going from earliest possible ("first light") to latest possible ("last light") on all tracks. So you can't choose times now just generic parts of day.

At least that's as I understood it...

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Wilko Jones

Wilko Jones Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    Thanks. Maybe it will make a return when nightime becomes an option.

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. Nemesis2805

Nemesis2805 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    Thank You, now it is Perfect! :hearteyes:

Edit, okay, after testing the GTM13, GTM14 & GTM15 versions are fine, the GTR3 version is still "broken"

Last edited: Dec 20, 2019
  5. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    The hotfix today solved for me the spinning Porsches at Salzburg and Falkenberg. I had one car spinning at salzburg, yes, but it went back on track and moved on, and there were no repeated accidents for the remaining session (10 laps), so I rate this incident as just a random mishap like it happens in Raceroom from time to time, and is even wanted to happen at a low frequency like this. By that one spin it seems the issue of spun cars endlessly sitting on track and not moving, blocking traffic, has been solved, too. I tried GT4, 35 cars (or 39, the track maximum, I do not recall it exactly). Both issues solved!

Have not noted any other troubles anymore.

6. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,037 / 0 / -0
    Out of breath, sweaty, shaking hands, Lakeview Hillclimb, Raceroom Hillclimb, Hillclimb Icons (Monsters suits better to them), awesome. Please more tracks and cars.:tonguewink:
    To me the climax of this release.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. nickyjj2011

nickyjj2011 Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Free weekend great, sim handles great but the ai don’t seem to like it just done 10 laps at imola 18 yellow flags with gt3 cars spin out on corners doesn’t seem to matter what car dtm 92 they all seem to hit the curbs and spin out

Last edited: Dec 20, 2019
  8. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Todays update :
    • Sachsenring - Modified the announcer sound sample as it was a bit repetitive with very accentuated "KOMMT der Daniel Keilwitz recht GUT weg"
    Whooo, many thx for that. Just a cosmetic fix but I actually waited for a DJ Remix parody by some user already - sooo unnerving, specially when you speak german....:rolleyes:

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. BeefMcQueen

BeefMcQueen Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    Before december update I didn't like them very much, so I completely forgot about the hillclimb monsters... But after a short trip down under at mount panorama I changed my mind! Georg Plasas BMW is just incredible now. Just did a few laps but as you stated: sweaty, breathless and with a big grin on my face!
    Again: thumbs up to that 'more-than-just-an-update'

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Zhenya

Zhenya New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    1)Dear developers, you can fix such a bug in the strip; the names of the pilots are duplicated and this is not the case with me.
    2)And it’s also very annoying when qualification is underway, you go to the best lap and time is up and you are thrown into the pit. As if in real life they give you a ride! This is very annoying! take note!
    3) the damage to the cars is somehow strange, I hit the opponent hard enough, I have more than one damage, and later I hit the barriers much weaker and crashed the car!

Attached Files:

11. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    That Beemer Judd is just astounding, so good I've not even got near the Carlson Judd, which is a bit weird as that was the one I preferred pre update. Anyone who bangs on about the need for V8's has obviously missed the boat, we already have the best V8 in Sim racing. This car is nothing short of superb with a sprinkling of terrifying, just remember to breathe!

12. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Race with full car field of GT3, 6 laps, 5 yellow flag events in corners. Two flags in one lap, three single flags in three more laps, starting lap and last lap were clean. Yes, the AI has some thing going on there.

Same race constellation: race, GT3, 6 laps, full car field, at Mid-Ohio. Only spinning car in the whole race: myself, by my own fault.

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. CheerfullyInsane

CheerfullyInsane Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    I think there's a bigger problem with the current AI. While it's capable of handling the cars as long as it has room, things start to fall apart whenever it's battling someone (AI or player).
    When battling for position, it tends to take some hyper-aggressive lines through corners, or in some cases simply cutting the corner outright. Which in turn means hitting the curbs very hard and it spins out.
    Had one GT4 race at Mid-Ohio where 5 AI spun out at the same corner in sequence. Nice synchronized spins, but not really conducive to racing. :D

Time being a factor, I've only run GT3/4 and the Porsche Cup, but it's a fairly general observation.
    Nürburgring (lefthander after the esses), Imola (pretty much everywhere), Zolder (chicanes mainly), Monza (Lesmos), all are trouble-spots right now.
    Oddly enough it has no problem with neither Bathurst nor Nordschleife, which I would've thought would cause the biggest mayhem.

Not enough info for any coherent conclusions yet, but there is definitely some tweaking needed.

• Agree Agree x 4
  14. MattStone

MattStone Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    Yeah I agree and like you it’s not always where you would expect there to be problems but this gives me a lot of hope tho as i’m sure it means it’s fixable

in most cases I think I would spin in the same places if I tried the same lines.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. tlsmikey

tlsmikey Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    So, i've been holding off on commenting until I really worked with the new settings and tried to get something that felt good to me.

First, I'll say with this update the physics are massively improved. I like that GT3 cars now actually need traction control and you can no longer just put zero wing on the car and drive around like a crazy person. Cars slide well and the physics portion is really good.

Unfortunately, the FFB is not working well for me at the moment. I don't know if it's because I have a DD wheel or if its affecting everyone, but I have a very dull feeling on straights and mid-corner. It's basically super smooth mid-corner with little to no feedback, even if i turn the dampening off. I've tried more rack feel, less, more vertical....nothing seems to help. It feels like the tires have extra tall sidewalls.

I'm wondering if the pneumatic trail is masking ffb as a whole or if there's an issue with the DD wheels. I can see some ffb on the graph, but that doesn't seem to be coming through the wheel very well. Hopefully, there is more work to do because right now I think the ffb has become one of the worst of my main sims (AC, ACC, iRacing, rf2). I like the direction it's going, but for some reason it isn't feeling good in my wheel.

16. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Which wheel exactly are you referring to?

17. sbXII

sbXII Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    I guess the people like the December update. Congrates!

steamcharts-raceroom.png

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 2
  18. Mike S

Mike S Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0

Accuforce for me.

19. fireballr18

fireballr18 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +75 / 0 / -0
    I think they like driving for free ;)

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  20. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    Exactly, a useful comparison will be in January when there are no special offers and people don´t have as much free time.