Assetto Corsa Competizione

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by HomieFFM, May 31, 2018.

1. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    Posting in a Reiza Forum with complaints about Reizas decision gives bad ratings and you're wondering?
    Try this on S3 Forum, you will get the same :)

2. Andy Kettler

Andy Kettler Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,107 / 0 / -0
    Yes i was wondering why people that pay for a new game are satisfied with outdated tech... :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. nickh158

nickh158 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    Does ACC only have the 2015 Mercedes?

4. Andy Kettler

Andy Kettler Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,107 / 0 / -0
    They have all the cars from the 2018 and 2019 Blancpain GT Series.

The new AMG will race from next year on.

5. nickh158

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    The UI is the worst I`ve come across. I can`t find the menu which turns off pitstops. I stumbled across it once but can`t find it again. In anything other than career it looks as though I can`t select most of the 2018/19 cars, including the Mercedes.
    I think I`ll just stick to raceroom thanks.

6. nickh158

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    I can play it OK, I just can`t navigate to the menus I want, and the car selection menu`s a mess.
    Why am I restricted as to which cars I can choose?
    I was massively impressed at first, but now I find the restrictions to be really annoying.

7. nickh158

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    Maybe I`m reading the car selection wrongly. What`s the date that appears in the bottom right of the cars?

8. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    You can select the season at the top of the main screen:
    [​IMG]

And the year being shown at the bottom of the cars is the year when the car model was introduced (in case of the current Mercedes it is 2015 for example).
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  9. nickh158

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    Thanks very much for taking the time to do this. Now I understand the dates :)

• Like Like x 2
  10. R.Noctua

R.Noctua Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    Maybe I'm an oldfag and a fan of simple graphics. :rolleyes: I think everything is too bright. Maybe it's a feature of perception.

I have a 1440p(RGB) monitor set up correctly, but the picture seems "loose". Everything on Epic/High(trees/glass is low - I don't pay attention to that, and I don't really see the difference). Even AC+SOL better in my opinion.

11. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Don't get me wrong. I love RRE. My problem has more to do with my settings I guess because it is more worse than before.

EDIT: and when I look at footage from other players. I see much better GFX than on my screens. So it must has to do with my settings,

12. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    Sol is like putting lipstick on a pig in this regard... :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  13. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    SOL is not more but also not less than what it is, it cannot work miracles and wonders. It increases the variety of daylight themes and moods and skyboxes. The night lighting is a compromise, since many track environments are not optimised for supporting that idea of lightsources at night. But the difference has to be made between tracks not prepared for SOL nightlights, and tracks that are. The latter obviously look better than the first.

It also provides a different launcher interface. Some like it better, some like it less. Taste, you know. But it adds some functionaity that elsewise could not be had in AC default.

Its comparing apples with orange if comparing a highly optimised sim like ACC with its inbuild dynamic time of day and weather, with the compromises and workarounds by which SOL tries to compensate for the complete lack of both in AC.

Seen this way, SOL does a terrific, breathtaking job. Say thanks for it to the cretaor of it, instead of rubbing him the deficits of AC under the nose endlessly. He did more on the issue some people criticise, than most of us AC players will ever even come close to do. He does it for free, and he owes us nothing. That did not stop him. So: thank you! Personally I use SOL for race settings from dawn to sunset, no nigh races and no rain, and for setting up trackdays. And this it delivers with flying colours.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Exiled Scotsman

Exiled Scotsman Active Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    I'm getting terrible frame stutters now, even reinstall of ACC and DDU'd new graphics drivers aren't fixing it :(.

Gotta admit I'm disappointed with the livery editor too, but hey, I've always just used the official ones anyway.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. R.Noctua

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    Thank you for the screenshots - all 400 hours of ACC I could not see and now I have an epiphany. You are the first inadequate person on the simracing-forums I have met, so I see no point in continuing the discussion with someone who is not able to understand what I am writing about.

It's better to do something useful, like thank the developer in the topic which I created against the background of the general negative at the game's release: https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/thanks-kunos.58929/

Maybe you'll start to understand what people are writing about instead of trying to change other people's opinion mind.

16. Exiled Scotsman

Exiled Scotsman Active Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    Yea, it's just a shame you can't add simple things like more sponsors to make them look more realistic, unless I am missing something?

17. R.Noctua

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    ACC+Sol - it’s not AC 2013. And I say “my opinion”.
    I will not repeat the words about the peculiarity of perception, especially if the conversation is so unconstructive. All I understood was that the things you don't understand are trolling. Okay, so be it-- I'm a troll, you're on fire, mission accomplished.

18. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    Don't worry, it's not you who is the troll here ;)

• Like Like x 1
  19. William Richardson

William Richardson Active Member

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    I bought acc when it was early access, I don't play it anymore. I cant put my finger on as to why, I just don't. iracing has/had a sale on existing lapsed accounts 5 bucks for 3 months, seemed a good deal. But normally iracing is far to expensive in my opinion, so I only play it when a deal is available.

20. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    ACC seems to suffer in VR due to a latest bad Oculus update. The issue is in Oculus' playfield, not in Kunos. Two advices are to be tried: Either try what you get in frames when launching VR ACC for Oculus not in Oculus mode, but in Steam VR mode: or try the other advise not to use the Beta drivers of Oculus, but the regular public one, since I read that it is only the Beta drivers messing up Oculus performance in ACC.