[Physics Update] Tyres, force feedback, AI and general developments - 10/12/2019

Discussion in 'Car Information and physics updates' started by Alex Hodgkinson, Dec 10, 2019.

1. sigi1949

sigi1949 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Verzeihung, ich bin neu hier. Ich glaube mich tritt ein Pferd.
    Ist es tatsächlich geduldete Umgangsform in diesem Forum, dass man angegangen wird wenn man in seiner Sprache schreibt?
    Entschuldigung, dann bin ich falsch hier....
    Bitte Admin, lösch den Beitrag von mir.

2. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    It's an international product/information platform, so english is more useful to share information. Most of the users will understand it more likely, than german.
    ----------
    Es ist ein internationales Produkt/eine internationale Plattform, deswegen ist Englisch nützlicher um informationen auszutauschen. Die meisten verstehen es eher, als Deutsch.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. michael hartmann

michael hartmann New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Ich verstehe natürlich das hier Englisch bevorzugt wird, aber leider kann ich kein Englisch...sorry

4. CrimsonEminence

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    Google übersetzer geht auch klar, man kriegt das schon hin, zu verstehen, was gemeint ist. Am Ende gibt es hier ja einige, die auch Deutsch sprechen, daher findet sich ja trotzdem Hilfe in diesem Fall :)
    ------
    Google translator would be totally fine, it's possible to sort out and understand, what's been meant. After all, there are some users, also speaking german, therefore help can be found in this case, nevertheless :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    That's why we always ask people to use English, if possible. It's not a problem if you don't, but the matter of the fact is that only one developer speaks German and there's also only a few German speaking testers. All the rest of the people who might be able to help or give advice won't be able to understand what's going on.

Same goes for all other languages except English of course. If everyone started commenting in their native language, it would be total chaos in here and impossible for us to keep track of what's been said and issues that are being reported.

So if you don't feel comfortable writing in English, I'd suggest to open a new thread in the community support section. It's less of a problem if we have a thread dedicated to one user's inquiries in a language that isn't English in there.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Flintenwilly

Flintenwilly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +115 / 0 / -0
    40 year old car on its wooden tires should behave stabile, because of muh mordern Autobahn and modern Cars. Tell ne more about your understanding of realism.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Gumvald Larsson

Gumvald Larsson New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    It's default for TS-PC Racer, except for the modified 4 lines above. After some fine tuning I now run:
    FFB throttle vibe freq mult="0.4" // Scales actual engine frequency to force FFB vibration frequency ...
    FFB throttle vibe zero magnitude="0.035" // Magnitude of engine vibration ...
    FFB throttle vibe slope="0.0" // Slope of line defining magnitude ...
    FFB throttle vibe wave type="0" // Type of wave ...

8. sigi1949

sigi1949 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    OK, so I'll just note it here in my poor English:
    I wonder why the accelerator vibrates when the front axle slips. I think it is solely a matter of the steering wheel. Isn't it only realistic if the brake pedal vibrates when braking, the accelerator pedal when wheelspin, and the steering wheel vibrates when sliding? 3 getrennte parameters and the thing would be OK?
    Since the G29 was not a good solution for me, I got the Fanatecset as well. But even here it does not seem to be separated. Why? Is it Fanatec? Or does Raceroom not give out the parameters separately?

9. Zhenya

Zhenya New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I personally do not understand what you wrote? Does your steering wheel vibrate when you turn? it is possible the effect of repainting the steering wheel works like that.

10. CrimsonEminence

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    He means his Pedal vibrates...some Pedals. like the CSP from Fanatec use vibration motors in the brake and throttle and R3E uses them.
    You could use "Fanaleds" to make your own settings of pedalvibration.

When you slip, the steering wheel shouldn't vibrate all over the place, this isn't realistic at all, more sensation from the feet is more logical, than that :D

11. MattStone

MattStone Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    ....or is he referring to the "slip" effect!

That causes the wheel to vibrate when the front wheels are pushing/slipping through a corner
    Turn the slip effect down/off and that will solve the problem

12. CrimsonEminence

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    He is wondering, why the accelerator vibrates, while slipping, also i understand german and he was referring to the vibration in the pedal, while slip there...

13. Zhenya

Zhenya New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I understood he was talking about Fanatec v3 pedals, well, it’s logical that it should vibrate only when there is a lock and not when the car slides. But I also have a jerking vibration when the car loses control, vthe steering wheel pulls, it vibrates maybe this is as it should be, since the car is on the track and repeats the coating along which it moves.

14. MattStone

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    When you lock up the wheels the car should jerk as the weight on the front wheels is transferred to the wheel that isn't locked; if both wheels are locked the wheel should feel a little lighter as there is no grip (less resistance) on the front wheels.
    If you have your balance too far to the rear and you lock a wheel you may feel the car tray and snap as you loose traction on a rear tyre
    If you lock a front up for too long or too many times the wheel will give a sharp vibration to simulate a flat spot

Personally; I fricken love how S3 has simulated the weight transfer under braking and locking. I can even feel when a wheel is starting to lock up allowing me to isolate the brake to pedal to regain grip of that tyre again.

I'm using a Fanatec 2.5 base and gt rim and can't fault the FFB. Today I tried a couple of other sims again and none of them came close to the feeling I'm now getting from R3E

It's the only game I'll play now; every other game feel numb to me now

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. sigi1949

sigi1949 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Okay, thanks for your help. When I look around the forums like this, the vibrator settings are always a topic and problem. I've installed almost every Sims, each one works differently, especially when it comes to pedal vibration. Elsewhere the brake and steering wheel works great, but the accelerator doesn't work at all.

For me this is because the manufacturers of SimSoftware and SimHardware do not have a standard. Everyone cooks his own soup. The steering alone is ancient and the newer stuff was just added and seems to be a patchwork for me. And if you want to use that, all you have to do is install and integrate external functions like FanaLED etc. etc. Even then it is not perfect.

The same goes for me for telemetry and analytics. For example, an industrial simulation without extensive analysis possibilities might not be called simulation at all. The heart and purpose of a simulation is the evaluation of the data generated and recorded by the simulation. And as long as a simulation does not offer this, it is simply a game. Nobody could integrate it more perfectly than the SimSoft manufacturer himself.

It must be clear that such developments cost money and that manufacturers may be afraid of them. But e-sports is coming inexorably. And it will not work without these things. Because if a simracer wants to be at the forefront here, he needs all the possibilities to constantly analyze and perfect himself. And for this he needs a visualized analysis possibility. And he is also willing to pay a lot of money for it.
    I hope that Raceroom will still be in front.

16. Ragnar

Ragnar Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    As the sim racing community has matured and iRacing is the undisputed leader in the quality multiplayer environment, the community as a whole must raise the bar as far as the multiplayer experience. From what I've seen, a vast majority of sim racing purchasers, still mainly race against the AI. It appears to be 'good enough' for a large majority of the population. But those of us who enjoy competition, and want to improve our abilities and our times, a strong multiplayer environment is a must.

It also seems to me that sim racers are very brand loyal. Once a sim racer accepts a sim and enjoys it, they go into 'Game On' mode. They are more likely to buy DLC and contribute positive comments to forums. This sharing of positive experiences and perceptions in turn leads to others, who may be deciding if they think it is worth the investment or not, to make the purchase, further advancing the position of the sim in the sim racing community.

The December update was magnificent, and I see foreshadowing of further developments like night and dynamic weather. Also, with the addition of incidents, I believe they are well on their way to designing a new multiplayer experience to compete with iRacing. Let's hope so. If they continue to invest and create new content as strong as this update was, I believe this title will have a very strong future.

• Like Like x 4
  17. RIZZI

RIZZI Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    I play Race Room a lot which I really appreciate but you cannot say that Race Room has the best FFB, rFactor or iracing at the moment which I play is much better but Race Room is improving and what to remember , it is progressing and it's very good

18. MattStone

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    I guess each too their own preference but I do own both iRacing and rFactor; I spent a lot of time 3 months ago trying to get iRacing to feel right but it just couldn’t get the ffb detail I get from r3e and the car never really felt connected to the road

19. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    Rfactor ist to me like much force, less feedback.
    I really like the latest R3E update.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2019
  20. MattStone

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    I haven't tried rFactor for about 6 months; R3E has been giving me the variety of racing I need to keep me coming back. And once S3 get their ai retrained for the new update it would take something pretty special to move me away from R3E