New Features/ Options wishlist 2020-2021

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Turtle Power, Dec 16, 2019.

1. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,037 / 0 / -0
    Is there displayed anywhere at which strength adaptive ai is racing at the moment? If not, would be helpful.

• Agree Agree x 5
  2. Neawoulf

Neawoulf Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Don't have any content on my wishlist (maybe some more Group C cars like the Mazda 787B and Sauber C11?), but after i've seen what DX11 support did with the performance in Euro Truck Simulator 2 and American Truck Simulator ... i'd really like to see something like that (or maybe DX12/Vulkan?) in RaceRoom, because after every big update in RaceRoom i get some weird performance issues.
    GPU (RTX 2080) is yawning at idle speed while there seems to be a CPU limit that shouldn't be there (Ryzen 3600X). It is playable, but currently only with Reprojection/Asynchronous Space Warp in VR (40/45 fps with motion smoothing). This is not the kind of performance i expect on my system.

For later of course night driving and dynamic weather would be nice too, but only if the performance gets a bit better before.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2019
  3. fbiehne

fbiehne Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +110 / 0 / -0
    • more historic content, especially more Group C cars
    • DX11
    • Potrero de los Funes circuit (come on Raceroom, you’re awesome at providing less known tracks!)

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Turtle Power

Turtle Power Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    I've had a funny feeling that would happen :eek:

5. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    Couldnt say im surprised either but its still interesting to see it magically unfold like this :D

• Like Like x 1
  6. BeefMcQueen

BeefMcQueen Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    I bet even an off topic thread about cooking would turn into a car wishlist here :D

But what I really like to see as an upcoming option would be the possibility to add bots to a poorly populated server. Often do practice sessions with a friend. Sometimes we just meet in the pits and not on track... Would add to the atmosphere to have some artificial racers around.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Jukka Karppinen

Jukka Karppinen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +137 / 0 / -0
    Sorry, but sim with this level physics, ff and sounds, it's damn nearly impossible not to wish even more of our favourite car/classes. Especially as no other sim out there currently model historic GT/touring cars as R3E does. :D

More serious note, other things i'd like to see improved in near future is VR performance/switch to DX11. As already mentioned in this thread, it boosted ETS2/ATS performance quite nicely, would love to see similar improvements here too.

I don't personally care much about night racing or wet weather but 24h cycle would still add quite lot of immersion.

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    Next wish:
    In multiplayer
    The Drivers name on the nameplate in the car and on the Windows instead of real driver name.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Stickdeath1980

Stickdeath1980 Active Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    this 10000%

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Haris1977

Haris1977 Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    - Option to adjust steer right/left camera speed (look left/right)
    - night/dynamic weather
    - DX11 switch
    - More cars/tracks (especially with H pattern shifter)
    + All cars should stop working if you entirely stop the car with gear on (you will need ignition + starter to start again)

+ I really like the replays but can we have an option to "auto delete" replays when we close the app? Cause i have filled my drive with many of those (but do not want to turn replays off)

• Like Like x 2
  11. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    -Possibility to pick and set the in-car and external HUD appearance in game options from all the current designs and not have it bound to a specific car basis as it is now. It sucks that some cars like DTM92 have a really basic HUD and there is no way to change it. I am referring to the MOTEC type graphic with the damage, revs, gear, speed, fuel etc and not the in game overlays.

- Possibility to move or resize the race finish countdown clock. Right now it is too low for my liking and blocks the line of vision.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2019
  12. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    While I'd also like a move to a more modern gfx engine, I think this might be very challenging and would require a major rewrite.

So I'll vote for simple stuff like proper manual starts online (as an option in the dedi server) and a manual cool down lap. Some simple implementation of a dynamic track surface would be nice too, even if it's a bit of a fudge (scripted grip level changes or something).

I'm also looking forward to see what the rating system evolves into

• Agree Agree x 5
  13. nickh158

nickh158 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    The ability to change laps/time for individual races in a championship.
    20 laps of Brands Hatch indie is OK, but on the Nordschleife 20 laps is an endurance race.

• Agree Agree x 5
  14. Haris1977

Haris1977 Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    +1 for this, it slipped my mind

15. pierredietze

pierredietze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    I would like to see S3S starts collect money for tracks or series license by crowdounding, i.e. LeMans 24h track.
    Start crowdfounding, let everyone who like to participate spend 5 or 10$ until you have the money for the license (or at least 50 or 75%), buy the license, create the track and sell it on the store. Everyone who participated gets the track for free.

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  16. pixeljetstream

pixeljetstream Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    At first this doesn't sound bad. But let's be realistic, the devs have the data of how their tracks sell over time, meaning they can gauge what is worth it or not. Whether we pay in advance or afterwards is the same buying power, and that seems too little for some of those requested tracks. You'd need to generate more money overall...

17. Badgerous

Badgerous Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +223 / 0 / -0
    I meant to add this one myself. - Just reading that reminded me to clear out another ~30gig from that replay folder.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. TinMan

TinMan New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Hi to everyone. Here are a couple of my ideas:
    1: Look to apex functionality is based on steering inputs. It would be nice to be also based on track layout, so the camera would start "gazing" at apex of corners when approaching and than change its focus on corner exit - just what drivers do IRL. Of course, this is only valid for non-VR users...

2: would be nice if AI levels would be achieved more with cornering and braking skill/agresiveness than straight-line top speed.
    Cheers!

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    Suspect this won't be the most popular one, but I'd love to see some way of tweaking/editing the AI driver files (assuming they're built similarly to rFactor's RCDs).

Without this, there's little variety in who's quickest and slowest and it means we end up with some factory cars lagging at the back whilst entries piloted by gentlemen in real life can dominate in game.

Would be a great addition to the AI selector IMO.

Oh, this and some upgrades from DX9 of course...

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    The session info menu in multiplayer should show what conditions have been set to that room e.g. 2x Tyre wear, fuel consumption, number of races, type of damage and flag rules as now you only see these when you enter the room and it´s easy to forget.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1