Problem Massive FPS Drops

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by kL1ck, May 14, 2018.

1. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    Do you have any dynamic clocking of your CPU / GPU while under intensive use?
    Anything that throttles frequency or power while you're gaming?

Could be a windows setting too (power management stuff).

2. PicoBp

PicoBp Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    8700k locked to 4.8GHz on all cores, running at a measly 51°C in R3E, no throttling, no downclocking. Windows power plan on High Performance. CPU load is the same when the game is initially running fine and when the framedrops start. And based on the stats, these are not GPU framedrops either, it keeps pushing out the 75fps it's locked to. I have no issue with the 32bit version, it only affects the 64bit executable, which is also strange.

Average values during gameplay (same before/after issue popping up):
    • CPU usage: 6-8% (with two cores seemingly utilized by the game at 20-35%)
    • CPU temp: 51°C
    • GPU usage: 35%
    • GPU temp: 53°C

3. SVG BIOSPORT

SVG BIOSPORT Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    ... disable the force vsync in ...
    Helpful advice! AMD FreeSync - Off
    Reducing the load on the GPU - 20%

Last edited: Oct 26, 2018
  4. Alfred Köhn

Alfred Köhn New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hallo liebe Leute habe aus das Problem im 64 Bit Modi nach genau 10 Runden wir es unspielbar gibt es eine Lösung mittlerweile?.

Gruss

5. Alfred Köhn

Alfred Köhn New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

6. Alex Wurst

Alex Wurst RaceRoom

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    Might seem as a weird request, but if you have it installed, could you try uninstalling Intel xtreme tuning utility AND MSI afterburner?
    Seems farfetched i know, but ive had similar problems in other DX9 games and that helped me personally.

7. coolwhip21

coolwhip21 Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    I just encountered the exact problem after a couple of weeks away from RaceRoom, but I fixed it. I exited out of MSI afterburner, reset my wifi, and went into windows power option and selected options, balanced or performance. Went to minimum process state and change it to 99% saved and exited. No more stutters. I don't know which one fixed the problem but it is running fine now.

8. Case

Case Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +104 / 0 / -0
    BTW, one interesting thing I forgot to report earlier - if you go back to the issue I mentioned here before, somehow it was solved for me completely it seems by switching from an i5 to an i7. Nothing else changed in my setup, there was no reinstall (I just swapped CPUs, motherboard and everything else stayed the same), no Raceroom update was involved (it happened few weeks back in between updates). But somehow, I now no longer get that weird stutter with the 64bit executable, either with or without Afterburner. I spent almost 4 hours running the 64bit version with Afterburner and its OSD just yesterday both online and offline, the longest session since the CPU switch for me yet, and not a single stutter.

I know some of the people experiencing the issue already had i7, so it doesn't seem like it's specifically related to i5, but I find it interesting regardless.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Hache

Hache New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Ok iam in the same problem. Massive stutter after some random time need to restart game to play again.

Gtx 980 asusrog34 at 95hz gsync win10 Intel i7 Fullscreen

Using msi afterburner for little overclock and FPS temps monitor.

So as i understand i have to try all nvidia panel settings and disable afterburner ?

10. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    Yeah i was getting this in VR and even now after i went back to 2D it is still happening ! It shows 60fps but is very clearly not 60 . It is even hard to get the game to register that i've hit Esc to quit as i need to do it a couple of times to actually hit it when a frame happens !
    Ive found that starting in 32 bit version seems to work fine .

11. Hache

Hache New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Ok after few races with 32bit launcher i had no problem, thx for help. Developers should look why there is some problems with 64bits.

• Agree Agree x 4
  12. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Installed MSI afterburner with Rivatuner and hwinfo today. Got for the first time massive stutter in RR 64bit after a few minutes. Deinstalled the complete package (with all settings) and now RR 64bit is working like before. Problem was caused definitively by afterburner

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    I think the Rivatuner is the problem.

14. PicoBp

PicoBp Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    For some, it might be. For others, even the complete uninstall of it didn't fix anything. BTW, it was also working fine for a long time with AB/RivaTuner, until they broke 64bit with a patch last spring/summer.

Let's agree that something's messed up with the 64bit version and Sector3 doesn't really care about that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. fufsgfen

fufsgfen Active Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    I have Afterburner and HWInfo installed and running when I play Raceroom and game runs perfectly smooth all the time.

Maybe some options of it can cause issues?

I have set Raster3D and viewport in rivatuner, also shadow on and display fill off.

Rivatuner version 7.0.2, afterburner 4.4.2 and gtx1080 driver version 416.34, voltage monitor and control is off in Afterburner, also I'm using custom fan curve feature of Afterburner.

Also I'm still running Windows 8.1 with classic shell and explorer customizations and all automatic stuff disabled.

16. tobiaspitzer

tobiaspitzer Active Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    Hello everybody.
    It seems there is still no solution to the FPS problem. It's the worst for me in single player. After a short time, the FPS jump from 60FPS to around 24FPS. The game is jerky and the input devices hardly don`t work anymore. Have already changed a lot in the graphics settings, even reinstalled everything.
    A file check on Steam has also shown nothing.
    Tools like Rivatuner or MSI Afterburner are not installed.
    I also find it strange that I can only use Auto and individually in the graphics settings. Low, medium or high don't work at all. VSync on or off makes no difference, whether I use the 64-bit or 32-bit version.
    I use a Lenovo Y70 Touch laptop, i7-4720HQ, 2.60Ghz to 3.60Ghz, Intel HD4600 (1GB RAM) plus NVIDIA GTX960M (4GB RAM), 16GB RAM RAM and Win 10 Home. The latest system updates and graphics updates are installed.

17. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    Are you using a HUD overlay app? I have a smilar spec PC and can play fine if I delete the custome overlay app with FPS around 45-50 on max detail. Custom HUD slows it to 25 FPS when before it was around 40-45 and playable.

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. MattStone

MattStone Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    two of the biggest frame rate killers I've found on my system is Car Reflections and Track Animations
    I only discovered how much Track Animations sucked up the FPS, I suspect the animations bottleneck the CPU

• Informative Informative x 2
  19. JoeMoore

JoeMoore Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
  20. Neawoulf

Neawoulf Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    I know about this, it absolutely killed my framerate in ACC. But the RaceRoom december update came out before i got that Oculus update, so i don't think it's the culprit.

In my case i have the typical symptoms of a CPU limit (low GPU usage, high CPU usage), but a 3600X shouldn't have any issues here and it doesn't cause trouble in any other game (except ACC now, but that's definitely an Oculus issue).

On my old system (1600X, GTX 1070) RaceRoom ran a lot better than it does now on my current system. And RaceRoom ran absolutely fine the last few weeks before the december update. Stable 90 fps in VR with lots of cars on the track all the time.