Problem Massive FPS Drops

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by kL1ck, May 14, 2018.

1. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    have you made sure that your cpu isnt throttling up and down , if possible set it to maximum so its running at 3.6 constantly while playing the game

Andi

2. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    If you are still on your original HD from when you bought the laptop, consider upgrading to an SSD as the performance gain all round is going to be noticeable. Just make sure to choose a model that does not run at a high temperature or it could make things worse.

3. tobiaspitzer

tobiaspitzer Active Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    My CPU almost always runs on at least 3.4GHz, because I can set a Game Boost with the iobit Driver Booster and its additional settings. This creates a special power plan in the Windows settings. The second option I still have is the Ultimate Performance Mode of Windows.

4. tobiaspitzer

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    To be honest, I don't plan to invest much money in this laptop anymore, as I plan to buy a desktop PC within the first half of this year. A laptop is too limited, especially when it comes to cooling.

5. carlos de hoz

carlos de hoz Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    After trying, several things, such as lowering shadows, Etc ... what made me recover the lost fps, after the update has been to minimize mirrors

6. tobiaspitzer

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    Mirrors are FPS killers. I currently have the rearview mirror display set to low. Since I use Crew Chief I am still considering deactivating them completely.
    Likewise, I no longer use the webHUD, but the original HUD, because I have found that I have more FPS with the original HUD.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Pullblox

Pullblox Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Only one track in my old rig (4770k,16gb,rx 590, ssd) will be drop fps to 35 and this is Ningbo,very bad optimized track.

8. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    Spa after first corner okay for you?

9. Pullblox

Pullblox Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Yes. No problem.

10. Pullblox

Pullblox Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Intiresting fact about drops fps on Ningbo track. If I go to race without AI racers my fps around 60 (I lock fps in AMD software to 60). If I go to race with AI (5-24) my fps drops aroud 35-50. Only Ningbo track.

11. FormelLMS

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    How is your setting for car/track detail in the graphic options?

12. Pullblox

Pullblox Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Settings for car/track on High. Shaders/Particles on Medium. 1440p.
    Any tracks don't problems with this settings. Only Ningbo drops fps.

13. FormelLMS

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    Yes, I know. I suggest try lowering both to medium and try again. trackdetails high means only more crowd.
    It's only a workaround.
    High Details on cars can give more problems when more cars are ahead.

14. tobiaspitzer

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    Today I have tested the 32 bit version. Graphically hardly a difference to the 64 bit version. The lags appear much less often in the 32 bit version, and even if they do not last very long.

15. Zziggy

Zziggy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +73 / 0 / -0
    I hoped that the February 20th update would bring improvements for NIngbo, but sadly no. Please developers don´t forget about this. It´s such a nice track, but barely playable for people with mid end ;) computers.

16. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    can you put your full pc specs so that we can see what your pc is

Andi

17. Zziggy

Zziggy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +73 / 0 / -0
    HP Pro Book 470 G5
    Windows 10
    Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8250U CPU @ 1.60GHz, 1800 MHz, 4 Kern(e), 8 logische(r) Prozessor(en)
    Installierter physischer Speicher (RAM) 8,00 GB
    NVIDIA GeForce 930MX
    Treiberversion 26.21.14.3630
    Raceroom Controller Gamepad
    All other tracks run smoothly with this system, but Ningbo is really stuttering

18. tobiaspitzer

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    Ich gehe mal davon aus der Turbo Boost für den Prozessor ist aktiviert? Die andere Option ist die Grafikkarte die mit 2GB etwas zu wenig Arbeitsspeicher haben könnte. Auf jeden Fall mal den Grafikkartentreiber aktualisieren. Die aktuelle Version ist die 26.21.14.4219.

19. tobiaspitzer

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    After the last updates for the multiplayer mode, the FPS collapses have been minimized very much, at least for me. I haven't changed my graphic settings yet. Also the 64Bit mode runs very stable. I haven't tested the singleplayer mode extensively yet, because I'm currently mostly running on the multiplayer servers.

20. rafnix

rafnix New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    w10 - i7 8700 - rx 5700 8gb - 32gb
    and isn't it commonly reported that performance was lower since the 2nd last big update? I for one can confirm it's the least performing race game in VR (rift) with its slideshow at Ningbo by far.