[Physics Update] Tyres, force feedback, AI and general developments - 10/12/2019

Discussion in 'Car Information and physics updates' started by Alex Hodgkinson, Dec 10, 2019.

1. fireballr18

fireballr18 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +75 / 0 / -0
    FFB is always highly depending on personal preferences. R3E improved a lot recently. I prefer rF2 and AMS though; iracing is the weakest by far. This is the reason why I did not extend my subscribtion after 2 years + hundreds of € spent. The weakness of this sim together with the high price model.

2. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    At the moment I see Raceroom FFB on 1st place. Then ACC, rF2 and somewhere at the back is iracing... Really don't like their FFB so much.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  3. fl0wf1r3

fl0wf1r3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    Now we only need dynamic time of day and weather, perfect sim, and a few other things. The new ffb/ physics is awesome. Love the BMW M4, also sound wise

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  4. memoNo1

memoNo1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    And a real road track like in rF2.
    And make the rotary switches on the Fanatec V2 TC / ABS compatible like in ACC.

5. memoNo1

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0

You've got a point.
    I tested the Volvo last night.
    It's very demanding and awesome.
    Even if I currently see what physics and FFB have a minimal head start on rF2, the complete package from RRE is undoubtedly the best package for me. Existing bugs are fixed immediately.
    S397 should actually question itself in the future. DLC have been sold for 1 year with known bugs and not fixed.
    In terms of seriousness, RRE is also at the forefront.
    It remains exciting.
    Immediately continue with the Volvo .

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    for example the AI at Salzburgring ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. memoNo1

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    Yes're right. It was more related to the vehicles. I hope S3 doesn't take 1 year ...

8. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]

You could argue, that S3 don't need 3 years for that :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    I think positive :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. KOKORO ga PYONPYON

KOKORO ga PYONPYON Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +203 / 0 / -0
    Is this question good here?
    Why is the tire pressure of DTM2013 ~ 2016 locked at 200kpa?
    And why 200kpa? (Instead of the minimum pressure of 130kpa on regulation)

Will tire pressures be unlocked in future updates?

11. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    The DTM physics are too old for adjustable tire pressures. The first cars with adjustable tire pressures had been released last year.

130 kPa sounds like cold tire pressures, though. The setup screen should show hot tire pressures.

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. R.Noctua

R.Noctua Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    I won't say anything bad about ACC - I like it, I'm just a little tired in 400 hours. At least out of respect for Aris and his work is above praise.

But about RF2, I agree. I bought this monster at the weekend and couldn't use it. That's terrible. Interface and old and new is garbage. Graphics is blood from the eyes. I'm not talking about GT3's soft tires. The official content is very small, but crutches keep coming up.
    The tire model is very good, but everything else...

Couldn't return the money for the game (more than 7 hours of torment in the settings), but could for DLC. Spent that money on Raceroom: Porsche GT2 Clubsport, Porsche Classic CUP and Mid Ohio, Laguna Seca and Silverstone... I'm happy.

I'm surprised how RF2 didn't close and who plays it. They obviously need to change something. And not in 2-3 years, as they usually do.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2020
  13. Alistair McKinley

Alistair McKinley Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    Yes. :rolleyes:
    If you say so - every racing game besides Gran Turismo looks bad. ACC, PC2 and probably AMS 2 are still not there what GT looks like in replays.

IMO, the Reiza content looks great - as the latest cars and tracks from Studio 397 do.

By the way: I play AC, ACC, AMS, R3E, rF2 and others. I love what sim racing has became in the last couple of years and I'm looking forward to the future (AMS 2 for example). I think that there is no need for hate towards older sims which are still being worked on. As it seems (regarding the release of a 2020 demo) there are still enough people who play GPL.

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. R.Noctua

R.Noctua Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    Maybe my expressions were too harsh. But I'll be honest - I was very sorry to spend time trying to deal with this game and $10, which I'd rather throw in the trash - this game should be free, because the orginical content in it is not enough and it's old. Nurb and Porsche 911 GT3R are good, I did not like the rest of DLC GT3. Especially Corvette C7 - at Sector3 it is amazing and after it I don't want anything different at all.
    The blue RF2 filter only makes me misunderstand. Maybe it makes everything seem too bright and acidic.

REE is also quite old and the content is more expensive than RF2 (here I will give them a plus - a lot of content for little money), but the question is quality. REE's quality is amazing, but I can't say that about RF2. I hope that they will change course - more licenses, more content tests before release and punish the one who invented the new interface.

I like that ACC and RRE realized that the tool should be a game. It's a pity 397 didn't realize that in 5 years.

Without irony and jokes - I don't want to hurt anyone with my words and hated this game. Let it just be my impression.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2020
  15. Arcson

Arcson Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    What brought my attention to Raceroom back in the 2017 was indeed the quality of it's content. I remember the times of rFactor 1 and huge amount of content available through mods, but I believe I uninstalled way more of them than I kept on my HD. Some poor modelled cars and tracks were just screaming "Plzkillme" (no offence for the inexperienced modders).

In Raceroom it's not the case. With a customer willing to pay for the content come his high expectations and Sector3 knows really well how to fulfill them :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  16. CrimsonEminence

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    I don't know, if it was already reported but i have an observation:

Silverstone GP WTCR 2019 (AI 108%)- Turn 1
    The AI goes wide to the left, rejoins the track and causes HUGE carnage. Reproduceable each start.

17. Alex Hodgkinson

Alex Hodgkinson KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
    Already reported and will be fixed with the next patch, thank you!

• Like Like x 2
  18. CrimsonEminence

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    Same problem with GT4 btw. :D

19. Alex Hodgkinson

Alex Hodgkinson KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
    Yes, it's a global problem with the circuit-specific AI behaviour

• Like Like x 3
  20. michael hartmann

michael hartmann New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    So sorry for now, if you don't understand the text correctly. I don't speak english and had to translate it via google translater.
    well, before the update I had a really good ffb where I did everything, but since the update I can't get it anymore. I especially miss the feeling of driving on an asphalt road. I had to set the slip effect high to feel anything at all. but this only works a little when cornering. I feel nothing straight ahead. the unevenness of a street can hardly be felt. I don't know if you have to have a fanatec for good ffb since the update. Unfortunately, not everyone can afford that and so I ride the thrustmaster th 300 and the pedals of the five hundred. the motor vibration still doesn't work even though it has been almost 1.5 months since the update. have tested several settings that are available on the network, unfortunately without success. if someone can help and knows how to set what where to feel on the road, please answer.
    Thank you