Momo dying -- need Thrustmaster recommendations

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by dentalfloss, Apr 22, 2019.

1. dentalfloss

dentalfloss Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    The FF is intermittently weak, and it's only getting worse.

I'm not picky (nor can I afford to be) so I only require a wheel that is at least as precise and reliable. The stock pedals were garbage, but I replaced them with the TM T3PA set. That's why I prefer a TM wheel -- the pedals calibrate better with them. I'm looking for something not much in excess of $300. I'm willing to go used if it has been used lightly.

I'm having to buy this with PayPal credit (It's interest-free if I pay back within a year) because I'm having to save up my cash for my cat's tumor surgery. The vet doesn't accept PayPal. :(

2. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +479 / 0 / -0
    I bought outlet T300 alcantara edition for around that price and im happy with it, sweet spot for price/quality imo. Have it for a year- had to replace a fan, it was super loud, leaked bushing was the fault, super easy and cheap replacement

Good luck to your Kitto

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. dentalfloss

dentalfloss Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    I see a lot of listings for the T300RS, but they state only that they're for PS3/4. Am I correct in assuming that all of these are also for pc?

4. FeltHλt

Ratings:
    +479 / 0 / -0
    yes
    T<number> series are for ps and pc
    TX or TMX are for xbox and pc

btw, roughly tmx=t150 and tx=t300

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. dentalfloss

dentalfloss Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    They seem to have had a very high failure rate when they were introduced. Has that been improved? I'm strongly leaning in their direction because all the reviews I watched said they're great wheels, but I can't afford to buy another in six months if this one breaks.

• Like Like x 1
  6. FeltHλt

Ratings:
    +479 / 0 / -0
    No idea about improvement, except the fan, mine is fine and dandy (i run in constantly running fan mode). I bought mine from standard online shop, outlet section so it came with 1 year warranty

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. dentalfloss

dentalfloss Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    I just realized the standard warranty was a full year. And I can get another year of coverage for $22. I'm close to pulling the trigger.

• Like Like x 1
  8. dentalfloss

dentalfloss Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Bought!

• Like Like x 2
  9. SwaggerJacker

SwaggerJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    Have you enjoyed your wheel?

10. dentalfloss

dentalfloss Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Yes! It's very accurate. The significantly increased lock has made it much easier to catch spins. It's like night and day. It's made me much faster and consistent.

The only flaw is the power supply is a bit loose. But it maintains power unless it's knocked. I can use as much FFB as I like and it doesn't disturb it. It's not a problem during races.

I recommend it, just as long as an extended warranty is purchased with it. But that's something I would advise getting with any wheel, because of the vigorously moving parts.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Wilko Jones

Wilko Jones Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +80 / 0 / -0

Interesting. Catching spins is something I have continuously struggled with since I bought my Fanatec CSR. I want to know if, and how much of an improvement the TX/T300 line of wheels are over Fanatecs PWTS/CSR wheels. I don't see my CSR lasting much longer.

12. William Richardson

William Richardson Active Member

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    I have a thrusmaster T300 alcantara edition, sitting around here somewhere. I pounded the thing day in and day out for a long time, the fan finally died. The wheel is fine other than that it still works I would have just replaced the fan, but I had a ts pc racer so I never bothered. One of these days I may replace the fan, with a high quality ball bearing fan.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2020