Thrusrmaster TS-PC Racer

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by SwaggerJacker, Jan 16, 2020.

1. SwaggerJacker

SwaggerJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    I recently purchased this Wheel (delivered tomorrow) and was hoping owners of this wheel could chime in on their experiences thus far. Positive and negative. I thought about the the CSL elite, but noticed folks having problems with the wheel sensor. Unless I'm mistaken, it does not use a Hall Sensor. Also, wheels and other peripherals are cheaper. I understand get "what you pay for", but end the end; Thrustmaster. Hopefully some of you can share your thoughts, owners or not.

Steve

2. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    TS-XW here, which is about the same apart from XBOX-compatibility. Really a nice wheel. From what I've heard the belt driven Fanatec wheels are even smoother, but the FFB on the TS-XW/TS-PC is really good.

I had a T500RS before and changed to the TS-XW for 2 reasons mainly.

The TS-XW/TS-PC are a bit smoother - you can still feel a bit the notchiness of the motor, but it's better than the T500RS in this regard.

The cooling fan of the T500RS is too annoyingly loud for my taste, the fan of the TS-XW/TS-PC is not totally unhearable, but A LOT more silent. And I already had the official fan upgrade from TM on the T500RS, but still...

The reason why I got the TS-XW instead of the TS-PC is mainly the wheel that came with it. While I'm not really a fan of these F1-style wheels, I kinda liked the Sparco P310 that came with the TS-XW. And it also gave me a cheaper replacement set of pedals for when I have problems with the old pedals that came with the T500RS. The T500RS-pedals are generally better (like T3PA-PRO), but they started to show their age. I had to regularly clean the potentiometers as they started to wear off.

I also used the rubber brake mod on the pedals which was smashed at some point and not really functional anymore. So I used the T3PA pedals that came with the TS-XW for a while until I recently got me the Fanatec Clubsport V3 pedals to replace them.

So yes, you get what you pay for and I honestly think the TM wheelbases are well worth their money. Really good FFB and I'm afraid you are mistaken: TS-PC/TS-XW/T-GT/T300/TX all use a hall sensor of course... ;)

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. SwaggerJacker

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the response. Very informative. About the Hall Sensor, I meant the CSL-Elite. I could be wrong there. The wheel I ordered was a Walmart order, so I could return it immediately if I changed my mind. Still torn about which one to go with. Bird in the hand, I guess. LOL.

4. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    I see, misunderstanding on my side... ;)

The CSL Elite bases have an optical sensor, not hall effect.

5. SwaggerJacker

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, people were having problems with grease getting on the sensor.

6. William Richardson

William Richardson Active Member

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    I bought the thrustmaster ts pc racer and the fanatec clubsport v3 pedals off a guy that didn't want to sell them separately. Both were near new but at the time I didn't really need the wheel, but the price was right so I bought the pair. Glad I did the ts pc racer has been a real work horse, I have raced thousands of hours without a hiccup.

• Like Like x 3
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2020
  7. SwaggerJacker

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the response. I guess I'm just dealing with buyers remorse. But I don't really think it's about the two wheels. I think it's about my G27. I've had it forever, and recently I started racing again and could not dial the thing in. Plus the profiler will no longer launch in Win 10. For me anyway. So I order the wheel and Bam, the G27 is dialed in again. At least with RRR3. So, do I need a new wheel? Not really. But upgrading will give me more immersion. I'm in it for the thrill of racing. Thanks for all the responses.

8. SwaggerJacker

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    Received the unit. Man, it is so much more impressive sitting in front of me. It absolutely dwarfs my G27! The same for the rim; very impressive. Decided to go with decision and will give it a shot. Still waiting for the Omega Stand and the pedal adapter. I'll eventually go the Fanatec route with pedals. Can't wait to try it out! Toys are cool.

• Like Like x 1
  9. William Richardson

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    Because the ts pc racer has no power switch/button, I have mine plugged into a powered usb hub with on/off switches for each port. This way I only power on the wheel when I want to use it and not each time the computer starts. In my opinion this practice prolongs the wheels life span.

10. SwaggerJacker

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    Wow
    Great idea.

11. SwaggerJacker

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    Of course, I would get the profiler working now that I have the new wheel. Logitech sent a link to an older version driver, but different in that the splash screen looked like Arabic letters?
    Never the less, the darn thing worked! Still, I'm keeping my new wheel.

12. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    having gone from a g27 to a t300 I think you will be more than happy with the TS-PC. Great wheels for the money, Just get some better pedals eventually.

• Like Like x 1
  13. SwaggerJacker

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    Definitely a must.

14. nolive721

nolive721 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    I had a g25 before making the move to the TS PC racer a year ago
    One of the best money i spent for my rig

you wont regret your purchase

• Like Like x 1
  15. SwaggerJacker

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    Which pedals are you using?

16. nolive721

nolive721 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    Hello. you can see all the details in my sig. at some point I will move to Load cell but for now my 2 rigs use FANATEC ones with potentiometers

17. William Richardson

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    Before I bought the Fanatec ClubSport v3 pedals I am currently using, I used the Thrustmaster T3PA Pro pedals along with the load cell pictured below it worked well enough. I still have the pedals as backups, its a good solution if one already owns ether the Thrustmaster T3PA (non pro) or Thrustmaster T3PA Pro pedals they make a version for each.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2020
  18. SwaggerJacker

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    On my mobile. Doesn't show. Will check it out later.

19. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Turn your phone sideways....

20. SwaggerJacker

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    Thanks