Released Daytona International Speedway & Porsche 911 RSR (2019)

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Georg Ortner, Jan 23, 2020.

1. Dale Junior

Dale Junior Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +983 / 0 / -0
    Get the party started!!!

2. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    All we want now is Sebring and Atlanta..;)

• Like Like x 2
  3. krimmler

krimmler Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -0
    ^^And Watkins Glen ;). But I don´t want to much, since I startet at R3E in 2018 there are so many chances, new cars, tracks, it´s going better and better. Now with Esports like ADAC GT Masters and special events we have many more users, all this brings new things like Daytona and RSR.

4. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, thats the infield track as I remembered it. Fun for those liking it, but this track is not my taste.Will buy it for support, but cannot see me driving it much.

No complaint, there were three great track highlights in a row, Dubai in Quatar, Bilsterberg in Germany , and Nobodyknowsit in China.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. nickh158

nickh158 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    This will be the first track I haven`t bought. No interest in ovals at all.
    Looks like I`m very much in a minority though.

6. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    It's probably not the oval we get but the road course.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Rmbonk86

Rmbonk86 Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    I think we may get both. 99% of the oval is raced

8. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Possibly but to be honest having the oval is no big loss, only interested in the road course.

• Agree Agree x 6
  9. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    I remember "back in the days" when oval racing was asked for, there always were two points the devs brought forward why we can't have oval racing.

1. For proper oval racing you need asymmetrical setups. This one is now possible.

2. The AI needs an overhaul bacause they couldn't race on ovals. I don't know, but I guess this one is still a thing.
    So I also think we get the road course only. Personally I'm not interested in oval racing the slightest bit, but that's of course not the case for everyone. ;)

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. Rmbonk86

Rmbonk86 Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    No I agree, I’m not an oval fan myself. The only class in raceroom that could use it would be the indy cars even though they don’t race in Daytona irl

11. RoccoTTS

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    Apparently they said on Discord it is just the Road Course for now.

• Informative Informative x 2
  12. Rmbonk86

Rmbonk86 Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Works for me, just happy to see it. This game is a big sleeper compared to other sims. It’s getting more recognition but it deserves more than it has so far. And if its cause it doesn’t have 24hr day/night then that’s sad. Yeah that would be a welcomed feature but I enjoy a game that is FUN.. good graphics are nice but enjoyment is what’s most important

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  13. Badgerous

Badgerous Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +223 / 0 / -0
    I'm not really familiar with the Daytona track, but I'm kinda excited to have a 'home' for the P2 Chevy DP car.. I love the feel of that one, but I've never been too sure where to put it beyond Seca.

14. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +790 / 0 / -0
    ,road america,indy,mid ohio

Andi

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  15. ducman888

ducman888 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -0
    ...Spa, Paul Ricard and Red Bull Ring will stretch it's legs too

• Like Like x 1
  16. Badgerous

Badgerous Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +223 / 0 / -0
    I've not tried them at Mid Ohio for some reason. - I'll give that a shot.

I've never been a fan of Road America for some reason.. In part it just makes me miss Road Atlanta for reasons none other than it has 'Road' in the title. :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Racing Szycho

Racing Szycho Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Completely different part of the track.. Yours is at pit entry. RR's pic is at after the first banking when you come out of the infield.

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Hope it's more interesting than Indianapolis, gotta be the least seen track in RR on any server and for obvious reasons, dull & boring spring to mind. Then again, have not driven it for a handful of years, so maybe with the new content and physics it will elevate itself from obscurity, doubtful though as a bit of eye liner & lippy rarely elevates a double bagger.

19. keanos

keanos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +136 / 0 / -0
    I repeat everytime, rain and day and night is only for a small percentage of the user base, most people prefer to race at daytime dry conditions ( I saw this so often since the golden days of Race07 online racing ) People join the server, they notice rain and leave the server or leave the server after they spin out the second time.

We did and do so many event evenings with our community, and many people who join our servers, are not able to finish a 30 minute touringcar race under dry conditions, how would they finish wet conditions races?

Yes would be nice at some point in the future, but at the actual state of Raceroom it's a waste of time. with this small team. There are bigger things they have to adress at first.

• Agree Agree x 16
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2020
  20. RoccoTTS

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    The reason why i gave you a dislike is your attitude and language. Is it really necessary to call people lazy and say they are lying to themselves ? I respect your opinion and you should also respect other opinions.

For me rain is a gimmick, i would use it a few times, but i'm not really interested in it and i'm not lying to myself.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 2