iRacing

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Dale Junior, Jul 3, 2015.

1. Dale Junior

Dale Junior Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +983 / 0 / -0
    nice video about the track evolution in iRacing

• Like Like x 2
  2. Turtle Power

Turtle Power Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Sharing my latest thoughts about iRacing. Been playing iRacing since 4-5 months ago. Bought a few tracks and cars. Nice physics, good road surface (bumps), it has absolutely best looking track visuals, not bad sounds and heaps of assignable options/controls. Not to mention about excellent online and rating system....BUT, when it comes to overall driving experience/ driving feel and ffb...its like ..nothing exciting. Before you bash me I'd like to agree in advance that everyone is different. This is only my subjective opinion.
    Furthermore, managed to dial in deep into iRacing FFB and got it to my liking but as i said before,overall nothing exciting. No more subscription for me. I really wanted to get into it and like this game.

Finally, I'd like to write a complaint about Sector3 for creating Raceroom game that pushed me away from all other sim racing titles since their cars and driving experience is absolutely amazing and cant get enough of it. :p

Peace !

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2020
  3. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    That's pretty much how I feel about iracing too. The online side is great and the racing is really good but the driving as a whole is mediocre and the way that the structure works means you can never actually race what you want to.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Heath

Heath Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +136 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]
    Click here to join us on Discord

• Love it! Love it! x 1
  5. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Huge congrats on the win guys!! :)

We struggled with a damaged car and top end speed on the straights after an early pinball crash..
    Ended up 17th.

• Like Like x 1
  6. William Richardson

William Richardson Active Member

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    I was watching matt malone and super gt they both drove the twelve hours solo, all the while steaming reading and answering questions. super gt had five thousand people watching his every move live matt malone about two thousand I have know idea how they can do that its amazing.

• Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2020
  7. Andy Kettler

Andy Kettler Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,109 / 0 / -0
    I was watching Malones Bathurst 12h stream. Awesome performance. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Andy Kettler

Ratings:
    +1,109 / 0 / -0
    IMSA... Digital...

Very amazing stuff going on in Simracing because of the current circumstances...

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  9. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    It's very well done, the real life commentary make it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Andy Kettler

Ratings:
    +1,109 / 0 / -0
    :eek:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  11. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    I've done it again......re-instated my sub to see what is going on.... And...

OMG OMG OMG!!!

The Porsche 911 cup is an absolute beauty of a sim car, it's exciting to drive, you can lean on it but it bites hard if you push too far and the ffb from it tells you exactly what it's doing.

As a Porsche fan why did I not try this before?? I will be entering the Porsche series from now on, I might never drive another car again in fact!!

It totally beats our RR version hands down too..... The sound is next level on this car.

12. Badgerous

Badgerous Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +223 / 0 / -0
    I'm increasingly tempted by the leap to iRacing..

How's the offline AI coming along? - I believe that 911 cup car is one that's been enabled?

I appreciate online racing is where it's really at, but I do like the hassle free nature of a good AI race, not to mention the 'training' benefits that it can bring.

13. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    I'm with you on that, AI is important to me as I can't always guarantee when I get to play.....so having a single player option is great. I ran a Porsche Cup race against the AI at BHGP today (oh the irony!) and it actually works really well. You can set up single races or a series and the AI level is totally customisable so you can have a grid with some slower and some faster drivers. Great training for running in traffic and learning a little racecraft.

I'll be honest, I've dabbled many many times with iracing but now with the AI element I'm totally sold. At the moment the AI is only for some cars at some tracks but I assume in time it will be rolled out service wide.

It's not cheap, that's the big downside to iracing especially when you start out and need to buy tracks to compete.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Badgerous

Badgerous Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +223 / 0 / -0
    The cost does raise an eyebrow or two, but in some ways I like that it would really make you focus on a small sub set, rather than flit from class to class.

Kudos to their track list though. It fills a lot on gaps I wish we could get here; Road Atlanta, Donnington, BH GP, etc. :)

Do you run VR out of interest? - How does that perform?

15. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    VR is really good in iRacing.

• Like Like x 1
  16. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Yes it's definitely a platform where you need to plan your spending, unlike RR where you can quite easily have everything. I'm a single screen user, but it runs incredibly well on my low end PC.

17. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    I would love to dive in deep but the monthly fee keeps me from starting.

18. William Richardson

William Richardson Active Member

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    I play iracing every time they send me the five bucks for three months deal for lapsed members. Happens every now and again, other than that I don't bother. The first car I ever bought was the porsche 911 cup car along with nordschleife, I am currently racing the acc porsche 911 cup car over at sim racing systems, I like it better than the iracing version myself.

19. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    I cant get on with ACC at all. Gave it a few hours and refunded it.

20. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    For sure its not the cheapest game in the world. That said my days of spending a fortune at the pub every weekend are over so its not so bad as a hobby. Cheaper than some of my other hobbies in any case.