[Physics Update] Tyres, force feedback, AI and general developments - 10/12/2019

Discussion in 'Car Information and physics updates' started by Alex Hodgkinson, Dec 10, 2019.

1. BeefMcQueen

BeefMcQueen Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    You can find a great list of all car classes and their state of physics development along with other useful information here:
    https://forum.sector3studios.com/in...om-car-class-lookup-list-december-2019.14091/

You mentioned a Nissan, but there's none in group 4... Are you talking about group 5 maybe? Anyway, you can see in that list that group 4 has the newest tire model/physics whereas group 5 unfortunately has not been updated yet.
    Regarding slow acceleration, that could be due to low revs combined with turbo lag (very pronounced on the gr.4 Porsche RSR). If possible try choosing a shorter ratio for that gear you are exiting that chicane in Monza, to be in a more powerful rev area.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +478 / 0 / -0
    He means Group C :p

• Like Like x 1
  3. BeefMcQueen

BeefMcQueen Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    That's it! Group C had completely slipped my mind... I hardly ever drove them, but I think that their turbos behave similarly at low revs, right?

4. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, you mean Group C cars.^^

Get through the chicane as smooth as possible, be on a low gear and get early on the throttle (right on or slightly before the apex on the exit of the chicane), open it up pretty wide, but DON'T smash it (very important).

The car will regain succ, when on the corner exit, you have to go a bit off the pedal then, possibly, when it starts spinning too much.

You have to be aware of the big turbo lag, so you have to be always a step ahead with your throttle inputs.^^ These cars depend on their strong aero downforce, but in the chicane you have not that much of it, so you have to nail the exits to get on speed early.

All these high boost turbo race cars are something for artist, there is always a bit more left on the table and pedalwork is critical. Keep as much momentum, as possible, a bit, like you would drive a kart :D

5. R.Noctua

R.Noctua Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    Bingo, mate!

Great settings, everything works - checked on GT3/GT2 Clubsport.
    Slip Effect to -40, that's the main thing that helped. With the steering wheel, the TMX is a must point. These are really the correct (most likely the only correct) settings for this wheel. The main thing is the lack of centering, which you get if you just raise min FFB.
    All analogies are made with RF2/ACC.

Thank you so much for your help!

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2020
  6. sherpa25

sherpa25 Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    For reference, what gain settings do you have in rF2, say for a GT3 car? Then what settings do you have in TM Control Panel?

7. R.Noctua

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    I can't tell which ones now, because I'm at work. But I do remember that:
    Min FFB: 9.
    In Thrustmaster settings - all 100.

• Like Like x 1
  8. sherpa25

sherpa25 Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Ok, and what car gain? No rush,when you check.

9. R.Noctua

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    I didn't understand the question, to be honest.:)

10. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    Yes Group C,as the others corrected me....
    I always drive like hell and lose my time in the first chicane....the opponent cars can accelerate much faster than me,crusin with 70 km/h out of the corner.Last,last..me then.I like the Porsche and hate him at the same time:D .Must say ,i drive in Amateure mode to learn.
    Has someone a setup for these cars in monza?
    DC

11. CrimsonEminence

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    I don't know, how good these setups are, i forgot, how much work was done for it, but maybe worth a try.^^

Attached Files:

12. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    where do i put the files/folder?
    .svm
    i see only .uvm in setups folder.
    Thanx
    DC

13. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    got it ,all clear!
    Thanx eminence

14. CrimsonEminence

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    C:\Users\*your name*\Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData\CarSetups\Monza Circuit\Grand Prix

15. sherpa25

sherpa25 Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Sorry, I meant "Car-specific FFB Mult" in Settings->Controls while in the garage (for any GT3 car).

Sorry for the OT, guys.

16. R.Noctua

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0

I think it's "inbox" settings, but they work amazingly. Naturally, apart from the min FFB - 9 is a good compromise.:)

Attached Files:

17. sherpa25

sherpa25 Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Right, that one, thanks!

Personally, that's pretty strong, at least w/ my weaker T300, and causes quite a lot of clipping (per Simhub overlay). I only use 75% and 4% FFB Min Torque. Especially in Sebring :D But as said, it's really personal preference. ;)

18. nolive721

nolive721 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    i can not find any indicator of flat spot in the standard HUD
    i am using an alternative HUD and it doesn't show either
    any chance to get like AC with flat spot status in yellow then red?
    thanks

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. CrimsonEminence

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    AI in FR90 on Imola is spinning in several corners very often (mostly Variante Alta, Rivazza, Tosa, Variante Tamburello).
    -106% strength
    -Number of cars doesn't really influence the behaviour.
    -Also it's pretty blind, regarding other cars besides them (player or other AI) especially for this track.

Side question: How is it so fast with the start?...i never got it right yet, starting these cars with AI, always 3 positions lost avg. and i was racing this car online once, nobody has made such a rocket launch on the start there. AI is pretty inhuman with traction on lauch IMO.

20. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    With a skilled driver getting everything right it might just about be human but only just :D
    Ive tried a few different approaches and am now at a point where i can fairly consistently limit my loss to one position (which you may well get back braking into t1)

• Like Like x 2