News Physics Update: Touring Classics, DTM 1992, Group 4, Procar

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Alex Hodgkinson, Dec 10, 2019.

1. Jens Roos

Jens Roos New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Unless my throttle is broken, noticed BOV (blow off valve) sounds during acceleration with the Volvo 240 turbo. Seems to work fine if change gear at redline, otherwise I get one mid range rpm BOV dump during WOT acceleration.

2. Alex Hodgkinson

Alex Hodgkinson KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
    That will probably be due to traction control cutting the throttle

• Like Like x 1
  3. memoNo1

memoNo1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    Has the vehicle already had a TC installed? What year is this vehicle? Otherwise a brilliant car. Really fun with it .

4. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    The Volvo uses TC, yeah, it's crazy :D

5. memoNo1

memoNo1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    Yeah thats really crazy.
    And very tricky to drive but a very gratifying challenge.
    Maybe you can help me here?

6. Jens Roos

Jens Roos New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    First I must say I really like the changes R3E have taken lately on both physics and FFB, on brake and damage behavior is well done!

Tried the Audi V8 DTM, and if cutting the curb at NGK corner (tändstiften), I have got flipped over, or close to get flipped over. This can be reproduced quite easy, on default setup. In an recent race at Mount Panorama (Bathurst) I noted another player flipping over (could have been very close to, and went into the sand) when curbing after long back straight. That behavior might not be quite accurate?

7. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    Anyone tried to combine the Touring Classics and the Porsche 964 Cup in one race ?
    They both have the same PI now, so when you combine them in a race they act as one class. Those 2 car classes are also raced together IRL in the 24h of Francorchamps.
    At this moment it is my favorite car class to race.

edit : i made a field of 25 cars, 5 Nissan, 5 Volvo, 5 BMW 635, 5 BMW M3 and 5 Porsche 964.

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2020
  8. Jens Roos

Jens Roos New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Might add the flip-over tendency is not limited to the DTM Audi. With the Alfa TCR at Red bull ring, had two near flip-over when going over the sausage curb and noticed another driver had an similar issue. This without any (noticeable) suspension damage, have had suspension damage when going over other curbs that is really well done, best implemented damage so far.

9. Jens Roos

Jens Roos New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    :confused: Even if one could expect the flip to be a bit to easy, it sure seems to (almost) happen :confused:

[​IMG]
    (knockhill, 2016)

Anyway the Audi seems more prone to flip on certain tracks, might be correct.

10. Jason Carlson

Jason Carlson Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    I've flipped multiple different cars before the update, particularly at Portimão on the long circuit at the right turn before the right turn that leads up the hill. Learned to avoid the curb and all was well. I've also flipped once or twice more on some random tracks that I can't recall. I don't think this has anything to do with the update, just a nuance of R3E. Still favorite game.

11. TinMan

TinMan New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I've experienced partial and complete flip-overs before the december update if a saudage curb was hit too agressive. So it must have been in the sim before.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Fleskebacon

Fleskebacon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +258 / 0 / -0
    I'm experiencing clutch slipping, if I just quickly tap the clutch when upshifting. At least the Volvo and the M3. If I clutch properly or just upshift without clutch, everything is good. Is this intended or a bug?

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. BeefMcQueen

BeefMcQueen Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    This also applies to the Porsche 964 cup. Deadzones and sensitivity for the clutch are set correctly. Behaves as it should when testing under power: without shifting I have to engage the pedal a few centimeters until it disengages and the revs go up... So there should be absolutely no slipping when not even touching the pedal after a (maybe too fast?) upshift...

14. CrimsonEminence

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    I don't know if this is "real" clutch slipping, it's more of an exploit protection against flat shifting, i have the feeling, like the too early engaging downshift protection in modern cars that restricts from using engine braking. (it's really annoying, it really is! "beepbeepbeep"). Okay, still better than the fully exploitable transmission system in rF2 though...
    You can try to doubleclutch the upshift or just take a bit more time for the shift.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. BeefMcQueen

BeefMcQueen Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    But shifting - and completely ignoring the clutch - by rev-matching is possible on up and downshifts in raceroom like in real life. So I would expect an unclean or too fast use of the clutch to result in a screaming gearbox (as it does when trying to shift down too early) and a non selectable gear rather than allowing me to change to the new gear and "punish" me with slip. (Maybe we can have some clutch damage along with smoke buildup and appropriate smell as a workaround in future updates :p)

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. CrimsonEminence

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    Clutchless downshifting is not possible in R3E, you always get a little bit of gearcracking. H-Shifter and full manual gearbox have to be activated, then it doesn't work.

Also clutchless upshifting isn't flatshifting or (exploitable) fastshifting, so there is nothing to prevent anymore.

I think, when it's supposed to be clutch slipping, then it's kinda strange, how strong the effect is (example: Zakspeed Capri)

Last edited: Jan 17, 2020
  17. Fleskebacon

Fleskebacon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +258 / 0 / -0
    I also think this might be some sort of exploit prevention, but I would like it better if the result was gear grinding.

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. KOKORO ga PYONPYON

KOKORO ga PYONPYON Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +203 / 0 / -0
    R32GTR 6MT is wrong.
    It is 5MT correctly.
    The R32GTR has never been equipped with 6MT.

Please correct immediately!

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. Alex Hodgkinson

Alex Hodgkinson KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
    • Winner x 5
    • Informative x 5
    • Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Love it! x 1
  20. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    Maybe next time change this by "Can you please look if this is correct ?" :p

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2