Bathurst 333 | Sunday 02/02/20

Discussion in 'Special Events' started by Simon Fillingham, Jan 14, 2020.

1. Nemesis2805

Nemesis2805 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    Massive lags on Server 3, completely undrivable especially when the GT3 cars overtake.

Unfortunately I was levered out on a bump by a small ride in Turn 1 which completely destroyed my suspension. The repair cost me more than 2 minutes. After I got stuck on the wall on the right in the Dipper, I was once promoted to the other side of the wall, after which my race was finally over :( Too bad, after the pole in the GT4 I was hoping for a top 5 result, but it shouldn't have been ...

2. DonaemouS

DonaemouS New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    yeah, both live stream on utube are plenty of lags cars

3. Zeraxx

Zeraxx Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  4. Xavi Banús

Xavi Banús New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello I Just did the race, I've been in server 4 driving a gt3 car, all others gt3 cars were overtaking on sector 2, how can i report this?

5. TCLF

TCLF New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    You are allowed to do that in sector 2, as long as it's a decisive move. It's just very not recommended

6. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Just a shout out to all that raced on server 5. After the first few casualties in the early laps driving standards were pretty good. Coming through the slower traffic was fun as the drivers were competent and respectful of the GT3 leaders coming through. Managed to take the GT3 win by quite a margin, probably should have been in a higher server but I didn't do much (any) practice. Ran the AMG on default setup with 1 stop. Great fun.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Harm Klopman

Harm Klopman New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Yurt finished my first ever online RaceRoom race. 5 place not bad.

Is the list of the resold of all the races also coming here, like to now how it ended up in the other servers.

thanks for the race guys, see you next time.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Simon Fillingham

Simon Fillingham Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +161 / 0 / -0
    there is an incident report form in post #1

9. ValK

ValK New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I feel like the key phrase here was calculated risk based on reading the situation. Sometimes you could, sometimes you really shouldn't. As far as I could tell, the GT4 lapping mostly went smooth in Server 3, aided by the mostly great cooperation of the GT4 field. My impression was that greater difficulties arose in the aftermath of accidents - like drivers trying to merge slowly across the track into traffic despite having the choice to stay on their side and do that safely. I think some drivers did suffer accidents during lapping, though.

Good racing all, thanks for the fun!

• Like Like x 1
  10. axxis278

axxis278 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    As reported, the conditions on server 3 were awful, so many cars flikering, espacialy when there was smoke. Not easy when GT3 are overtaking you but you don't see the car :eek: hopefuly I think I managed it well.
    My apologies to Merazzi for the bump, we had a good fight at the start of the race.
    For my first event out of my league, it was really tough to manage Bathurst for almost 2 hours, but that was great. Thanks to all the guys on server 3, and thanks Sector 3 and Simon for he event.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2020
  11. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, lapping the GT4s in sector 2 was abit fishy sometimes. The GT3s were quite pushy in some cases and to avoid havoc I tried to let them through as good as I could. But really, these two fast lefthanders are quite uncomfortable to force the issue... ;-)

Fortunately nobody tried to force it through the tight esses... :-D

12. Simon Fillingham

Simon Fillingham Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +161 / 0 / -0
    Results have been uploaded to simresults.net and can be found by clicking on the relevant link:

Server 1
    Server 2
    Server 3
    Server 4
    Server 5
    Server 6

Official results will be declared in the coming days when any incident submission have been reviewed.

It's nice to hear reports of an enjoyable experience in the Bathurst 333. Congratulations to all who completed the full distance on this demanding track. It was also disappointing to see the lag issues on the stream and in the servers and I can only apologise to those that it affected. The devs & producers work tirelessly to give us this great game and rest assured they will immediately be looking into the server issues and figuring out any potential fixes.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  13. c0ldwhiteite

c0ldwhiteite Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Well done. Came in P4 in server 5. I started P6 and the guy in P4 botched the start and I got around him clean when the lights went out. I had clearance and then got hit in the left rear quarter which spun me around and damaged my engine. I kept in it and had a heck of a time. Just drove my race and it felt great! Always left with a bit of “what if” had the turn 1 incident not happened. Always next time!!

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2020
  14. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    As I already stated in Discord, I was on server 3 too and had no lags at all.

I don't know if this is useful to the devs in any way - maybe as a "positive" example - I could also share any logs you ask me for.

• Like Like x 1
  15. FearTheSock

FearTheSock New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Were you Olivier? No problem mate, I appreciated that you stopped to let me pass after it. Those were some fun opening laps though, 3 to last we were pretty much packed. I guess that being so close also didn't help to correctly judge when to brake in some points.

I had some problems with some GT3 cars though, I got hit in the same spot by a Porsche trying to overtake me, who's definitely going to be reported. Also basically got sent on the grass in the second sector by another GT3, fortunately with no consequences.

I agree also with the lag problems in Server 3. Especially the other class cars were blinking a lot.

• Like Like x 2
  16. axxis278

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    do you have smoke disabled in graphics settings ? The cars were flickering on the grid, and quite all the race when there were smoke.

17. axxis278

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    that's me :) When I bump, I was keeping an eye on the car behind me, Forrest Elbow was definitely not the right spot to look behind, my bad.

18. ValK

ValK New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Didn't you drive a white Evora? If I can recall that correctly, it seemed to me like your car was one of the slightly more teleporting-prone GT4s. Didn't seem like there were very many occasional teleporters to me, though. In the early phase of the race, I noticed the M6 on our server causing smoke and tire marks on most straight-line upshifts, which seemed weird to me.

19. axxis278

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    well, sorry then, I don't understand why with 1Gbps internet access :oops:

20. Maximilian Leverer

Maximilian Leverer New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Thanks to all in Server 4 and to the organizers at Raceroom for this amazing event! Please more of those in the future :)
    I recorded my screen and just watched it together with the replay in all kinds of angles. It was quite fun!

• Like Like x 1