Released Daytona International Speedway & Porsche 911 RSR (2019)

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Georg Ortner, Jan 23, 2020.

1. Clonedemned

Clonedemned Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    More I watch this more I like sound of the 2019 RSR

2. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    I never quite understood what's so special about Daytona RC, but I always loved to drive there. It might be due to great breaking into T1, then infield section flows nicely, then banking is cool and unique and then there is chicane, that's probably my favourite chicane of all tracks - it slowes you down, but not by too much and doesn't feel like interruption plus allows some side-to-side action.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. tobiaspitzer

tobiaspitzer Active Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    The Daytona RC is, in my opinion, not a special track in terms of layout (compared to tracks like Spa, Bathurst or the Nordschleife). But it's still a lot of fun to drive there in other simulations. It will definitely be an enrichment for Raceroom. Maybe you can hope that the oval ( just like Indianapolis ) will be added, and in the course of that there will be an update to the speedway version of the FR US.
    The Porsche 911 RSR is of course one of my favorites in other simulations. Great that it will soon be available in Raceroom. Also here the hope that more GTE cars will follow.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. tlsmikey

tlsmikey Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Agree with most of what's been said about Daytona. The track itself isn't that great, but what makes it special to me is the race is run at night and the lighting at night is a lot of fun at that track. It also makes for a lot of passing opportunities with the main straight.

Mostly excited for the GTE's. Hopefully, they have more coming.

5. Cheeseman

Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    Daytona is always fun to drive for me. The flat infield may appear boring but the way each corner and straights are sculpted, it made it very special and rewarding.

First drove it in Pcars 2, been wanting it in other games for ages. Such a great track for any type of cars.

Honestly, I really hope R3E could get more of the IMSA cars. Particularly the DPi and GT LMs. Hopefully, the 911 GTE isnt the only car in the class.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. R.Noctua

R.Noctua Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    You're of substituting notions. Look at the statistics: never is 16%. Everyone else uses it more or less. You think im voted for last point? No, by the way.

Answering you, I understand that most users here have an opinion divided into "mine" and "wrong". But read RD ppl opinion on RRE engine, RRE rain and so on.

I like RRE too, but I stick to the subject matter assessment. This also applies to ACC/RF2 - if something doesn't work there or doesn't work well, I won't bury my head in the sand - that's why there are forums and feedback from dev.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. Barbie

Barbie Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    Everybody seems excited about the RSR/Daytona combo while all I'm thinking about right now is this:

This is going to be epic :cool:.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  8. Badgerous

Badgerous Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +223 / 0 / -0
    Maybe - But there's a time and a place, and this particular thread should be about excitement/discussion for the two things we're getting, not the things that we aren't*.

*With the obvious exception being BH GP.

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. nickh158

nickh158 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    Drives one-handed like he`s on a Sunday afternoon cruise. Nearly loses it in corner....:eek:

10. tobiaspitzer

tobiaspitzer Active Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    Driving Daytona at night has something special, especially because of the lighting. Unfortunately, nobody in Raceroom will experience this. After in the last update a daytime schedule with time multiplier was implemented, I don't give up hope for a day / night change in the not too distant future and longer realtime races are possible. Or that, as with rFactor2 or PC2, you can set a time multiplier for the 24H simulation.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. anno900

anno900 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    Won't miss it ;-)

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Nick Feys

Nick Feys Active Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    Nice that a circuit from the USA will be added again. Because USA offers a lot of great circuits for racing. In addition to Indianapolis, Laguna Seca, Mid-Ohio, Road America and Sonoma Raceway, we already have a very nice choice to race at Raceroom.
    Obviously it takes a lot of work and time to make a new circuit and offer it in Raceroom. Yet there are still some circuits that should be added in Raceroom. Such as: Road Atlanta, Watkins Glen, Sebring and Canadian Tire Motorsport Park.
    This is again a new challenge to organize championships on USA territory.
    But who knows in the future that Raceroom is still working on it.
    Meanwhile a big congratulations for the upcoming circuit Daytona in Raceroom.
    I am looking forward to it.

• Agree Agree x 5
  13. Badgerous

Ratings:
    +223 / 0 / -0
    So no idea on when? What are we thinking? - Days, weeks, March?

14. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    I read in post 1 : Q2 of 2020

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Badgerous

Ratings:
    +223 / 0 / -0
    Ah - I somehow missed that. That seemed to be related to just the track as opposed to both, so maybe the car's coming sooner. It's potentially a bit of a wait if not.

16. M-Bimmer

M-Bimmer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +98 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 2
  17. krimmler

krimmler Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -0
    The old RSR is very famous, sadly this sound will dissappear after Le Mans 2020 when the WEC season ends. At new season the customer teams will become the 2019 RSR like the manufactor teams.

18. Cheeseman

Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    Still hope that it will get some friends. At least C8R and M8?

Aston Martin, Ferrari and Ford GT would be a bit tough.

• Like Like x 5
  19. M-Bimmer

M-Bimmer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +98 / 0 / -0
    Would have been awesome if they could have done what Rfactor2 did back in 2018.
    Hopefully more GTE cars will follow during 2020 and wouldn’t mind another track (like COTA or Sebring).

• Like Like x 1
  20. Badgerous

Ratings:
    +223 / 0 / -0
    I've just been enjoying the Chevy Dekon Monza (Gr5) - A car that I've previously overlooked due to the strengths of the BMW and Capri in that class. It strikes a lovely balance between brute-force power and control*, and I'm now really looking forward to dropping a full pack on the new Daytona. I might even suffer some Bud for the full experience. ;)

A brief history for the uninitiated:
    http://www.speedhunters.com/2015/09/the-porsche-fighting-chevy-monza/

*Unlike the Corvette in that class, which has brake pads made from soggy pasta.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Love it! Love it! x 3
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2020