"GT3 Sucks."

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by dentalfloss, Jan 18, 2020.

1. dentalfloss

dentalfloss Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Tell me if your proclivities are similar to mine.

I'll get into a certain type of car for a while, and my focus will be soley on that. Later I'll switch to something completely different, only to come back to something I was obsessed with earlier.

I'd been doing a lot of racing in old, hard-to-drive cars recently. I didn't feel like doing GT3, as it felt to me like the electronics were driving the car.

But yesterday I was driving the Procar around Mid-Ohio, and it just felt too slow and tedious to me. So today I've been driving the AMG GT3 around and loving it.

But I know it'll only be a matter of time before I tire of that and go back to classic cars, with the attitude that "GT3 sucks!"

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. augustkekule

augustkekule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    Just drive the Porsche 934 , it´s almost like a modern gt3 car.

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. mmaruda

mmaruda Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -0
    It's kind of a hard thing to answer. I think "GT3 sucks" is kind of valid, since it's been done to death and as far as closed wheel cars go, this is probably the most technologically advanced series (without going into prototypes territory), but at the same time, well done GT3 can be very fun, if all the nuances are simulated and well received through FFB.

At the same time, I kind of get OPs sentiment, since them older cars have a more 'manual' feel to them, you have to pay more attention, you have to do more things to keep them on the track. At the same time, with GT3s you are much more in control and this is important when all that you have to know what the car is doing is FFB and your eyes.

I think the difference is, when you drive an older car, there is much more engagement with driving, but imagine going 10 laps straight and doing great and then one tiny mistake costs you the race, cause you spun. And with GT3s, you can really focus on lines, speed gaining time each lap, because driving is not that hard, and at the same time when you screw up, you loose some time, but rarely spin or crash. For hot-lapping or just driving around, GT3 sucks, give me a V8 lumbering muscle car any time, but for racing... I'd rather race and byt that I mean actually race in computerized toycar with insane wings and livery full of crappy ads, than struggle to keep a vintage machine on the road.

To me the sweep spot is 90s street cars, preferably JDM - they are manual, but well balanced and quite slow, so it's not hard to drive, hence you can focus on racing, but at the same time, you do have to put some work into the driving aspect. Too bad, not many sims have such cars. I guess for R3E 90's DTM is kinda close.

• Like Like x 1
  4. William Richardson

William Richardson Active Member

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    The GT3 cars in raceroom are easier to drive than any of the other sims, ( iracing/acc/rf2/ac ) in my opinion. Their glued to the road, but their also slower than any of the other sims. This is not knocking the cars its just the way it is, as an example the first day suzuka for acc was released, I was two seconds faster with the same car/track compared to raceroom. But at the same time, your scared to death your going to lose the car at any second.

The first day guys were posting lap times in races of 1m.59s and change, the best anyone has done in raceroom hot-lapping is 2m 01.689s

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2020
  5. Alex Hodgkinson

Alex Hodgkinson KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
    I'll just leave this here..
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. nolive721

nolive721 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    Agreed Alex and i own ACC to so people on the forums also mentioning unrealistic fast times while not beig aliens

7. MattYKee

MattYKee Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    I keep forgetting to give those pro cars a try.

I would'nt say Gt3 sucks, but i do find it extremely boring The only time i've enjoyed driving them is on Macau. But thats just the magic of the track more than the car.
    I adore the Frx90, Fx17, P1's and GT1. Its so weird how GT1 never shows up anywhere. Im guessing the lack of driver aids on those things put people off.

8. R.Noctua

R.Noctua Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    I like GT3 in RRE better than in other games. Driving harder doesn't mean it's more realistic.
    I don't know which game has more realism, but in RRE it's just more interesting for me.

9. William Richardson

William Richardson Active Member

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    In my opinion acc gt3 cars are the hardest to drive. Jardier is very good at jumping from sim to sim and still being competitive in each. But when he started playing acc, it took him along time to get really good at it. Also the speed/times of the gt3 cars in any sim, would be dependent on the developers. People buying games generally like to go fast, so my guess is the developers of most games with gt3 cars, add a tad more speed to their cars to accommodate their customers desire to do so.

10. krimmler

krimmler Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -0
    For me, i wanna have fun to drive cars i´m not able to drive in real live. I startet with R3E in sim racing, cause i want drive GT3 cars, it´s the most popular race series with formula 1. The different concept of cars are amazing, front engine, rear engine, mid engine, flat 6, V10, V8, V6 Turbo, Biturbo ...
    As beginner the cars were difficult to drive (with default setups and old physics), but now it´s nice to drive these cars and work with setups. With other classes like GT4, Porsche GT2 RS, BMW M235i this sim makes really fun.
    For month i started with rf2, a few cars sound unreal (R3E is a benchmark for good sounds) and they are for me a bit unreal to drive. You lost the rear suddenly in corners and setup chances not really work, so i hope that the developers do some chances in future. The GTE cars in rf2 are better to drive, but not to much.
    So i think the R3E GT3 cars are nice and it needs some practise for the most cars to drive that competive. I don´t want to buy more sims than these two, cause it starts to be expensive just for that fun. I´m happy that i started with r3e, for me it´s more beginner friendly.

11. R.Noctua

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    I don't quite know what you're talking about. If you lose rear, you won't stand a chance.
    GTE is considered worse than GT3 in RF2.

12. krimmler

krimmler Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -0
    I don´t know, the cars are a bit lose for me in rf2. I drive in a fast or midspeed corner and suddenly comes the rear and the car spins. The only cars who are more stabil are Porsche 911 GT3, Audi R8 and the RSR maybe in cause of rear engine or mid engine. I´ve tried some chances in setups like dampers, antirollbar, but it works not so good. Probably i do some false? But r3e is more driveable for me.

13. R.Noctua

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    Recommendations will be standard: more TC, more rear soft spring. It's all too individual, of course. But even the Radical GT3 with minimal changes becomes stable and no longer spin.:)
    Corvette in RF2 so mutch stability. After RRE its feeling unreal. Probably because the RRE Corvette is a fantastic car, maybe even the best of all the games where it is.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. dentalfloss

dentalfloss Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    I think some of you misunderstood me. My point was that I tend to vacillate on what I find fun to drive.