New to R3E. How deep is the simulation? Also race results to HTML?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Phait, Feb 14, 2020.

1. Phait

Phait New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I've moved from Assetto Corsa because the AI likes to ram and generally wreak havoc by not being mindful enough at speed. So far I feel like R3E is definitely an improvement in that regard. Plus it seems to me the online community is wider.

1. I would like to know if there are any in depth development posts or blogs to understand what is modeled in R3E, so I get a better understanding of what to expect. For example tire marbles, engine turbo or aspiration physics, depth of tire model, various pressure and temperature systems, etc.

I had an absolute blast running the Tatuus at Laguna earlier against AI. I am primarily a Porsche GT3 R fan, so I'm looking forward to finding some regular online races in the Gt3 category too.

2. Is there a way to convert or export my race or championship results to HTML or a spreadsheet format in case I'd like to easily keep records or do a race blog? That'd be awesome!

3. To the devs: I guess my only concern this early would be if we'll see certain graphical updates, like the cockpit mirror resolution. There's also something I noticed with Road America... I live not too far from this track and oddly enough in R3E, at one particular section you can see tall hills in the background. This is immensely inaccurate as Wisconsin is not nearly that hilly in that region. I laughed out loud seeing that. Those kind of accuracy details would be nice to see payed a little more attention to.

2. Paul Darke

Paul Darke Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +249 / 0 / -0
    If you want to race on-line you could look at ESR. They are a Canadian/USA based group.

3. Turtle Power

Turtle Power Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    I agree with you in terms of graphical improvements but once you start racing in Raceroom you will be amazed by many other immersive things like sounds, ffb, driving experience track details level, AI, etc... . One thing that is truly needed or missing is the road surface effect (requested so many times in the past by other members as well). Sector 3 is pretty good with members requests and wishlist's, unfortunatelly this one is still missing. I trust it will come in near future, fake road effects or not, it will be awesome feature to have.

All in all, Raceroom has a lot to offer. Finally, if you are new to Raceroom, it is highly recommended to mess around with FFB settings in order to have a full blast with the immersive driving experience. If you are Direct Drive user, check the ini file for more details and tweaks that you may wish to experiments with.

Enjoy.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. R.Noctua

R.Noctua Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    So am I, but this car is no longer available for purchase. Only GT3R II.

5. Turtle Power

Turtle Power Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    From memory the developers may provide you with the link for purchasing obsolete cars but may not be able to use it in official races or something?

6. R.Noctua

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    Wowowow, where did this information come from? As far as I know, there's no way to buy anymore.

I'm ready to buy a GT3R right now.:eek:

@J-F Chardon can you tell me how it really is?

7. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    There is no such thing, cars that have been removed cannot be bought any longer, with one exception: The RUF RT12R GT3 also got removed from the store but it is still part of the Nürburgring Legends DLC on Steam. https://store.steampowered.com/app/455270/RaceRoom__Nrburgring_Legends/

So if you don't own most of the content in this DLC and you're looking to add the RUF to your collection, there is a workaround for the time being. But if you already own most of the content, especially both tracks, it would be rather costly to buy this DLC just for that one car.

• Informative Informative x 2
  8. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    That pack was dirt cheap in the Steam summer sale last year and you get the full Nurburgring as well, so it´s a no-brainer if it comes up again. Pity that there is not an update of items on the steam shop as a lot of the packs are pretty much identical and out-of-date.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    Which part of the track do you mean? I had a quick look at a R3E onboard video and a real life onboard video, and I didn't see any differences in terms of the horizon line.

10. ducman888

ducman888 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -0
    Although you see shared backgrounds on tracks like the hills at RA, but as mentioned the driving experience will far out way some cosmetic enhancements IMO.

11. Phait

Phait New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    ? That was the first car I bought before I got the entire pack. Attached pic.

I have attached pics. I can see on the horizon there is somewhat of a hill area in real life, but in the onboard video it's more trees than anything. In the sim it looked like a hill you could walk up and along.

I'll look into that, thanks!

Attached Files:

12. pixeljetstream

pixeljetstream Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
  13. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    Considering the FOV differences, the 3D model of the hill looks quite OK to me. The texture could probably be improved so it looks more like a forest and less like rocks.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. R.Noctua

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    But this GT2R II;)

15. Phait

Phait New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0