HUD OtterHud - A custom WebHud - With additional features

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by OtterNas3, May 7, 2019.

1. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    His last post is from December. Don’t know, if this is an abandoned project now. There are many requests and unanswered questions here.

2. keanos

keanos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +136 / 0 / -0
    Of course its not abandoned.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. OtterNas3

OtterNas3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Definately not abandoned!
    I've just been busy with Work alot, but been working on this whenever i have some spare time left.

I left the Formation-Lap branch aside now, as it's missing testing alot and it's impossible to test a "Formation" Lap alone or with AI Drivers.
    Second, i dont have a usual time when i have some spare minutes to work on it and finding People, at totally random times to test it, is at the moment not possible.

So here a short Developement status for v1.18:
    • Settings page changed slightly:
      Obviously green border means activated :)[​IMG]

• Layout reset Confirmation on the Settings page - You need to click the button 2 times in 5 seconds now

• Widget reset, for each individual Widget

• Left Side Icons for "Visibility" "Layout 1-3" are now only appearing when you move your mouse a certain distance (100 pixel to be exact).
      So they should not appear when the mouse is just shaking from FFB vibrations.
      If you still get the issue with this setting, get a stiffer Rig, or your Mouse is flying!!

• Last-Lap-Time can be shown on Position-Bar and on the TVTower, for each Car crossing the finish line
      usual Colors for Personal-Best / Class Best / Overall best
      Time is shown for 5 seconds[​IMG]

• Pit-Stop timing (Total pit lane time / Pit stop time) can be shown for each Car in Race Sessions with indicator for status
      Blue - Entered the Pit on the way to the Spot, 1 timer shown for time since pitlane entry
      Red - Stopped in the pit lane, 1 timer for time since entry, 1 timer for actual time standing still
      Green - Car is moving again after stop, 1 timer for time since entry, number total time standing still
      No icon - Car left the pits, total time since entry, number total standing still

The total and the stop time will be shown for 5 seconds after leaving the pitlane
      If you as example, missed your pit spot and start rolling and stopping to correct, the time gets added to the total stand time
      [​IMG]

• Tire Puncture indicator - Blinking in the Tire Widget

Working on a way to show some kind of Flat-spot indicator aswell
    Not sure how to show it, as Flatspot data in the API is like this:
    While the tire rotates you hit that flatspot on the tire deck TireFlatspot.FrontLeft go "1" and when passed it goes "0".
    This happens for all the possible flatspots around the deck

So i could count all flatspots for one rotation and then show a bar showing, what i "think" is a really bad flatspotted Tire.
    Cause I can only name a random number like, 43! as a "total bad" value and show a full red bar
    The problem here is i dont now the exact number of (max_flatspot_per_rotation)
    On the other hand the indicator in the API shows just "1" or "0" not exactly how "bad" the flatspot are, just there is one.
    Is there Flatspot intensity simulated, or you just have vibration for each "1" per rotation? I dont know
    Any suggestion or Idea on this: Shoot me!

Also Working on a better Delta calculation from recording laps, while keeping the performance impact minimal.
    Looks promising so far!

Moo,
    Otter

• Like Like x 4
    • Love it! Love it! x 3
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  4. OtterNas3

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Answering some questions

I never had any problems running this, with a lot, and i meant a lot of programs in the background.
    CrewChief, SimHub with 2 Dashs on Arduino and a LED Dash for Rev/RPM, FanaLab, Discord recording/streaming, and even programs for the work running in the Background :thinking_emoji:

What's the exact issue you experience?
    Maybe your Machine is on, or cloe to it's limit already without any additional stuff?
    Machine Specs could be nice :)

These are the straight numbers coming from the Game, i noticed on a DTM2016 that the Tire Temps are not going crazy, even if you do burnout for 2-3 minutes.
    Maybe something to look up for the Dev's?

Yeah i know for VR users it is a bit special, problem is i cant do any testing in that direction, no Headset right now.
    A slider maybe, but i would need to redo most of the widget's design to make it look even "acceptable" with a opaque background.
    When i, by accident, have a lot of time i will look into it, i'm sry at the moment it's not really high in the list cause of the time amount.

Yes there is, will check if i not mentioned them on the First post, after this...
    The Hotkeys are:

SHIFT + UPARROW Hide/Show the HUD (like the EYE Icon does)
    SHIFT+DOWNARROW Reset the current layout (No confirmation, so be careful! *cough* Georg *cough*)
    SHIFT+LEFTARROW switch to Previous Layout: L3 --> L2 --> L1 -->L3 --> ...
    SHIFT+RIGHTARROW switch to Next Layout: L1 --> L2 --> L3 --> L1 --> ...
    SHIFT + SPACEBAR pause the HUD at its current state - A warning is shown that the HUD is paused

The Game offers this already, no need to reinvent the Wheel here.
    Can someone confirm that you actually CANT resize the R3E Hud items like in single/triple screen, with the Hotkey assigned in the settings of R3E?

and maybe also
    This is limited by the Game, cant do anything about it, sorry!

I hope this shouldn't be a problem anymore with the changes i made already to v1.18

I dont think that this information is available in the API in Leaderboard and this HUD was more ment to be used in a Training/Race Session, which i dont count Leaderboard into.
    Leaderboard values are, at least for me, meaningless anyway, cause if i remember correctly, and it's not changed, the grip of tires and other stuff behave different, correct me if i'm wrong.
    Will have a look, but it's a late one on the Todo list

"Installing" the HUD, cause there is nothing to install, really can't ruin your R3E installation, it's just a startup parameter, the HUD is streamed from a webpage then.
    You just need to run CrewChief, and i cant think about a reason why your not using it already, and turn the option on in the CrewChief settings to "feed" the HUD with information.
    Or run the dash.exe which then feeds the data to the HUD.
    Nothing installed, if something is not working, probably your startup parameter is corrupt somehow.
    And "Deinstalling" the HUD, would just be: Remove that Startup parameter, done.

The HUD, by any means, CANT freeze the Game, something else is going wrong here.
    Does the game crash? If so you should send the logfiles to the R3E Dev's on the discord as example.
    If it's not the game itself that's freezing, please try to be more specific what exactly "freezes"

Did not had this problem yet, but will have a look at it.

Dunno if i have that Car yet, so possible can't check.
    Will do if i own it already :

Sorry i cant replicate any VR stuff, and could not imagine how only the HUD shifts on race start.
    Can any VR user confirm?
    There is no such option for recenter the HUD, as it is only shown in a transparent WebPage frame provided by the game, i have no influence on the position of it.

Short answer: Yes
    Long answer: Yes, but....
    You can change the Affinity of the Processes used by R3E, which helped 99% of the ppl having performance issues on older Machines
    Explained it here:
    https://forum.sector3studios.com/in...-additional-features.13152/page-3#post-178670

Not possible at the moment and please dont get this wrong now:
    I rly like some Design ideas mentioned here, but if i start doing it, it would never stop making it prettier instead of more functional.
    Changing fonts, colors, text sizes, backgrounds, borders, lighting when active, blinking speed
    you name it :)

To counter all wishes, I could make ALL (and i mean ALL) Design stuff customizeable, but it's a hughe effort and i'm just a SysAdmin with barely advanced programming knowledge, jeez!
    I'm sure i will change some Design stuff in the Future, maybe even consider some of the mentioned stuff.
    But...

#Programmer/Nerd# Make it nice, pretty, and "Change_Nothing" safe!
    #Me# Make it working first!

Never played AC much, so i dont know how that looked like, if you have a picture, would be great!
    I was actually looking into this, and cause you said "not on the tire app but the car damage schematics" i had the picture of the Damage Bars in my Head, so i got a idea:
    Make it a flat bar which repesents 360° of the tire surface, from left to right a full rotation, and mark the spots which are flatspots with a different color.
    Like:
    [​IMG]

If i missed a important one, please feel free to @ me i got some time in the next 2 Days.

Moo,
    Otter

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2020
  5. William Richardson

William Richardson Active Member

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    Simhub was the biggest problem, run your hud alone and it works perfectly. Run simhub and your hud together, and I would get device disconnected warnings every time. This is not uncommon with simhub I just posted it because it happened its no big deal. I got simhub to use with acc in the first place because the in game hud is not very good, and with simhub you can set the rpms of each car individually to whatever you want, its a pretty neat feature.

• Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2020
  6. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    Without VR it is, but with VR it isn't i think
    That's the reason i asked for your help :cool:

7. nolive721

nolive721 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    Hello

this is the way it looks like in AC.Yellow color, you dont feel much vibration from flat spot then orange it starts to be really noticeable and red, I just cant drive the car anymore.

Its really helpful but I like your suggestion though.

just what makes your work as simple as possible, really appreciate all the efforts you put in this project.

upload_2020-2-10_21-31-33.png

8. Mario R.

Mario R. Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    Zitat von Mario R.:
    only in Warmup the Hud flashes all the time after the Dezember update. in practice, quali and race all works as expected.
    Did not had this problem yet, but will have a look at it.

it continues to happen in warmup

9. inthebagbud

inthebagbud Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    If I understand the question correctly I can confirm I use vr all the time and have map showing. The map comes from the game settings not this HUD. It is both moveable and scaleable on screen.
    I will check the place of the setting next time I fire up the game

edit

look under gameplay settings > track map on/off and static hud map on/off . Also under edit assignments you can map a key to turn map off on the fly

second edit

forgot to say you have to have a key mapped to change HUD items (under edit assignments) - you press this and you can then move items around the HUD and to zoom you right mouse click and use mouse roller

Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
  10. OtterNas3

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    I'm still not able to replicate the problem, it is working as it should in Warmup for me.

So if you are able to move/resize the Map in the R3E Hud itself, there would be no need to implement another Map into the WebHud.

11. inthebagbud

inthebagbud Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    In my humble opinion there is no need as the game map works fine

12. Zziggy

Zziggy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +73 / 0 / -0
    I need some help, please. Somehow I must have disabled something in the original HUD or in the Otter HUD: I never get any slowdown messages in Multiplayer and in Singleplayer Races, sometimes I´m DQ´ed for not serving a drivethrough that I wasn´t aware of. What could I have done wrong? In the original HUD I have "essential" race messages ("nur wichtige" in German) and in OtterHUD I have race messages enabled.

13. M Stofmeel

M Stofmeel Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    While lapping on the ADAC competition leaderboard, the hud will disappear after turning the ghost on and off a couple of times. Shift+Up does nothing, nor does resetting the lap, coming in and out the garage. The menu buttons on the left will appear for a split second on mouseover but can't be interacted with.

Quitting out of the session and coming back in brings it back.

14. OtterNas3

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Does it happen on all Track/Car combinations for you or just on one specific combination?

The OtterHud could only provide you with a message for "There is a Slow-Down" but not how much you need to slow down for.
    I dont know why the ingame Hud does not show you the messages with "essentials only", it does correctly for me.

Maybe try resetting your Ingame HUD by deleting this file, so it gets recreated. (You can also rename it for backup)
    Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData\hud_options.xml

As there is no flag/value in the API that changes for a hotlap/leaderboard Challenge, there is actually no way to detect such a Session.
    In these Sessions, the Ghost is listed as a normal Car in the API, even it is not visually present.
    By turning it On/Off weird things happen in the API driver list, which will confuse the whole HUD functions and calculations.
    Sorry, but there is literally nothing i can do here at the moment.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Zziggy

Zziggy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +73 / 0 / -0
    Hi Otter, thanks for the reply. I found out that the original HUD messages which appear in the top left corner were hidden by another element. But since I never saw them, I had no idea where to look for! ;-)

16. Mario R.

Mario R. Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    GT3 on all tracks, i don't drive other car class
    it happened after the December update
    thanks for your efforts

17. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    Getting more and more impressive. Somebody elses normal game hud had some weird lap times and gaps of mine showing (i guess my internet was acting up and hence r3e didnt show the correct numbers) but his otterhud showed all gaps and lap times of mine correctly :D

18. Georg Ortner

Georg Ortner KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +3,507 / 0 / -0
    Custom TV tower header for the RaceRoom GP, if anyone is interested.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  19. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    Im interested in getting that livery ;)
    (Know i cant tho :D)

20. Cologne Racer

Cologne Racer New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Hi there,

I have a question about the HUD. Is it possible to start the HUD in a different way than with the entry in the start options on Steam?

I have the following problem, if I want to enter a server at Symrycing Sytem, I am asked via Steam whether I want to start Rareroom with the following parameters (then a window appears with a start option for RR).

Unfortunately, this only works if there is no other start option stored in Steam. This means that if the option for your HUD is entered there, I will not be able to access the server.
    If I take out the start option for the HUD, the access works. Then unfortunately I don't have a HUD.

How could you solve that?

For help, I would be grateful.

greeting