Released 20th February 2020 - Update and Zhejiang release

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by J-F Chardon, Feb 20, 2020.

1. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    The Zhejiang International Circuit is now available in RaceRoom. Scheduled to be used at RaceRoom events taking place throughout Asia (and China in particular), this Chinese racetrack is now available in the RaceRoom store.

Update details:
    Download size = 312 MB
    Client version = 0.9.0.923
    Client BuildID = 4695656
    Dedicated server version = 58.0.1083
    Dedicated server BuildID = 4695721

New Content: Zhejiang International Circuit

Changelist:
    • Reputation - Incident points cooldown has been increased from 3 seconds to 4 seconds to limit escalation after being pushed out of the track.
    • Reputation - Player now receives one incident point for invalidating a lap.
    • Reputation - Just after a 4 seconds cooldown, we are now ignoring further incidents for track object collisions, going off-track and losing control until the car has rejoined the track.
    • Option - The headrests of the cockpit seat were reportedly annoying for VR users as the camera was clipping through, so we added an option to toggle the rendering of the driver seat.
    • Controllers - Added a profile for the Xbox gamebad when connected through bluetooth
    • Controllers - Thrustmaster and Logitech wheels - Tweaked force exponent, max output and front wheel grip exponents to increase FFB feel in subtle effects
    • Fixed controller profiles for Bodnar cable and Fanatec CSW 2.5 to prevent some detection issues.
    • Fixed controller profile for the Thrustmaster T500 that was missing lines for Flatspot effects
    • Fixed Car Setup menu that wasn't hiding the differential settings for cars that do not allow changing them.
    • Fixed Car Setup menu not saving the differential setting for frontwheel driven cars
    • Fixed puffs of smoke and brake marks left by players with high latency
    • Fixed blinking of high latency opponent cars in multiplayer. It will now only cease to render the car if the opponent's latency is consistently above 1 second.
    • Fixed AI control in pitlane that could sometimes accelerate the car above the pitlane speed limit.
    • Fixed free flight camera that wouldn't work under certain conditions in the race monitor.

Content updates:
    • Smoothed revlimiter and pit speed limiters logics for a selection of cars that were problematic.
    • Red Bull liveries that were urgently replaced last update now have an updated image in menu and website.
    • Audi TT cup - AI tuning
    • Audi TT VLN - Added more gear ratio options
    • BMW M3 GT2 - Fixed the rear camber that was asymmetrical in default setup
    • BMW M6 GT3 - Fixed two esport liveries that had swapped renders in menu.
    • Canhard R52 - Fixed Launch Control that was wrongly available for this car
    • GT4 cars - AI tuning
    • KTM GT4 - Tweaks to damage, tweaked its clutch for better standing starts
    • Porsche 934 RSR - Added more gear ratio options
    • WTCC Chevrolet Cruze - Fixed a wrong tyre file
    • WTCC 15/16/17 - Updated suspension to improve toe control
    • Imola - Modified cut corridors a bit to try and get rid of a wrong cut detection on the start/finish area.

• Like Like x 14
    • Love it! Love it! x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2020
  2. Beastux

Beastux Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +281 / 0 / -0
    But Zhejiang doesn't appear in the content update or patchnotes thread... ;) Anyway I purchased it immediately!

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    Oops. Fixed that :) Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  4. Cheeseman

Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    Zhe Jiang is a really fun track in Grid. Glad to see it again in a game with better driving physics and AI.

Will we see VW IDR being sold in the store in near future?

5. Beastux

Ratings:
    +281 / 0 / -0
    But still no reset of the Touring Classics, Silhouettes or Aquila leaderboards... :(

6. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    The aquila @ portimao leaderboard has been reset fairly recently. Dont know the exact date tho

7. Olaf Hülse

Olaf Hülse Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +505 / 0 / -0
    2020-02-20 1356 0001.jpg
    'Mad Elk'-I see what you did there ;) Great stuff!

Zhejiang is one of my favourite tracks in China-Its S Section more than half the track length! The elevation changes feel very nice and the pitlane exit under the circuit (a novum) seems to be unproblematic. Well done S3S!
    Question: Will Daytona be the last track to be implemented into the game, or will the track selection page be updated? ;)
    Greetings

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. IndEnt

IndEnt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0
    Hi - I'm still at work - has anyone tested the FFB adjustments for Thrustmaster/Logitech? Is that getting better now? (Should we go back to the standard profile?)
    Thanks guys ...

9. Beastux

Ratings:
    +281 / 0 / -0
    Was it after the removal of the ABS? I'm stll holding the record but I can't remember :p.

The main problem concerns the Touring Classics and Silhouettes as we'll never be able to beat the previously recorded laptimes.

10. rafnix

rafnix New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    How does the Zhejiang track run, is it of better performance than Ningbo which isn't optimized at all? Does it have similar issues with the valid driveline? Is it a buy or a wait?

11. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    The track selection screen should scale automatically depending on the number of available tracks.

12. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    If i knew that id know the date as well :D
    All i know for sure is that it wasnt before the december update

13. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    They changed the default profile, as far as i can see they increased the Steering Force Intensity to 125 witch is correct if you use standard values (75/100/100/100) in TM CP. If you are using 100/100/100/100 values in TM CP like i do, it's better to leave Steering Force Intensity to 70. Other than this i can't feel any difference.

14. RoccoTTS

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    No invalid driveline so far at Zhejiang.

15. IndEnt

IndEnt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0
    (I use standard values 75/100/100/100) - hmmm?!?!? - sound's not good ... I'll test this evening

16. RoccoTTS

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    In that case it's better to start with new default profile.

17. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    Really wish you could test drive tracks for this one :D
    Kinda torn whether or not i should get it

18. Beastux

Ratings:
    +281 / 0 / -0
    It seems the physics updates for the Aquila and Silhouettes happened with the february 5th update so the leaderboards were not erased since (my lap at Portimao GP dates from january 22nd). The Aquila is now in the same class as the Silhouettes and Touring Classics: new physics but old leaderboards entries.

• Informative Informative x 1
  19. RoccoTTS

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    I just buy every track, i like variety. If i don't like a track, i keep going back to that track until i like it.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  20. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    Just not sure id like a track where in a gt3 you hardly ever get out of 2nd gear :D
    And with the performance issues on ningbo im not sure those two risks are worth taking for me and a test drive would make the decision a lot easier :D

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2020