Problem Massive FPS Drops

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by kL1ck, May 14, 2018.

1. Zziggy

Zziggy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +73 / 0 / -0
    @ Tobias: Turbo Boost is activated, Treiber also updated. But made no difference.
    Maybe something to tweak in the Graphics settings?
    Window mode: full screen
    Vsync: No
    Track detail: Mittel
    Car detail: middle
    Particle low
    Bremsspuren: aus
    Spiegelungen: an
    Car reflexions: low
    track animation off
    shadow low
    car shadow on
    contact shadow: 20
    shadow split on
    multisampling: 2xAA
    FX AA : off
    Bloom on
    Schärfentiefe: on
    Bewegungsunschärfe: off
    Quality Bewegunsschärfe: low
    Light shafts off
    Lense effects: off
    Quality track textures: middle
    Quality car textures: middle
    mirror quality: low
    shader quality: middle
    visible cars:24
    opponent cockpits: off
    Mirrors on
    Virtual Mirrors on when multiplayer
    Sorry sometimes I don´t now the english expression!

2. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0

thing is its the core speed thats important with race room... and not the number of cores above 2 and your way under the minimum specs

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

• MINIMUM:
      • Processor:Dual core at 2.4 GHz or AMD equivalent
      • Memory:4 GB
      • Graphics:NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 or AMD equivalent
      • DirectX®:9.0c
      • Hard Drive:40 GB of free HD space
      • Sound:DirectX compatible
      • Other Requirements:Broadband Internet connection

• RECOMMENDED:
      • Processor:Quad-core AMD or Intel at 2.4 GHz
      • Memory:8 GB
      • Graphics:NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 2.0 GB Video Card or AMD equivalent
    Andi

3. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    Yes but the 8250U runs at 3.4GHZ under Turbo Boost so I wonder if the guy doesn´t have his power settings configured correctly. The graphics card is the main bottleneck otherwise and I assume they have set the Nvidia settings to max power minimum quality and that the game is running under the Nvdia card and not the Intel onboard one.

4. Larry Foster

Larry Foster Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    @Vale Doesn't turbo boost only last for a short time not always on full turbo? It needs to drop off for at minimum a short amount of time.

5. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    No offense but I have a old laptop with that GPU and it can barely play human fall flat on low settings! My kids use it but at like 25 fps.

6. OldFart

OldFart Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    I think the point he was trying to make was he has no real issue playing with other tracks using the settings he listed, Nignbo seems to be a problem for many with much faster systems, I do not think he will find a way around it unless there's a patch from sector 3, unfortunately as time goes on his problem will only get worse with more graphics and physics improvements

7. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    I am not sure - certainly on a laptop, temperature will be an issue and the system will throttle back if it heats up too much.

I have an older series 7200U i5 and a slightly more powerful 950 MGTX card and am able to run higher settings than this player with between 30 and 60 FPS at 1080 resolution, depending on track and number of cars on track.
    I´d suggest the usual steps of checking energy settings and putting them on max performance, that the nvidia card is being used during the game and maybe to try something like process lasso to help single core performance or even try running the 32 bit version.

No Intel mobile chip for the last 3 gens runs at more than 2GHZ by default yet they are all supposed to be at least 25% faster than the 7th Gen so it would be surprising if clock speed were the only issue.

Another test could be to try running a lower screen res and to do the FPS test that was posted a while back on the forum and compare with the spreadsheet of other systems.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Mettiti

Mettiti New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, I returned to the game after not playing for 6 months ish so not sure where it would have started, but yes massive stuttering that makes the game very unplayable, most noticeable when surrounded by cars. Tried a bunch of things then decided to reinstall the game, seemed to work great but stuttering returned.
    Will be disabling MSI AF + RTSS and running x32 and seeing if it's resolved

9. Krystian Sulkiewicz

Krystian Sulkiewicz Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    I can't get more than 45 FPS on Nurburgring and Nordschleife since the update with a smooth time transition. I have the 120 FPS on rest of the tracks :(:(:(. How to fix it?

10. Mettiti

Mettiti New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    UPDATE: x32 version works much better for me, no MSI no RTSS, using steam fps counter.
    Stutter occurs SOMETIMES with the same symptoms (bad stutter with fps showing 60) but it rarely happens
    Running web HUD as well so I'm sticking with x32 for now. Thanks to whoever figured it out

11. tobiaspitzer

tobiaspitzer Active Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

I am still experimenting with the graphics options. What caused me most problems were high settings for shadows and mirrors. With all other settings I could not notice any major losses when changing them. I have VSync on and multisampling also on 2x.
    Another big problem I have is the fact that when I use AI I have FPS dropouts and stuttering. From time to time this also happens in multiplayer.
    The program Quick CPU brought a little improvement where I adjusted the power supply for CPU Core, CPU Cache and the graphics a little bit.

12. Mettiti

Mettiti New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Update: Was running x32 version with very consistent FPS and minimal stutter for a couple days, so I started bumping up the graphical settings to see what I can get away with. Turned on "Opponent Cockpits" cause it looks hideous when an empty shell of a car is following you, however, I started experiencing HORRIFIC stutter, turned it off, stutter went away for the most part.
    Thing is I didn't have Opponent Cockpits on back on the x64 version when I had stutters originally, so it seems like they could be cause by a host of different things :/

13. tobiaspitzer

tobiaspitzer Active Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    Update: Reset everything in the 3D settings of my NVIDIA graphics card, under the program settings, for Raceroom to the global settings.
    All other graphics settings in the game. Mostly medium settings. Except mirror and shadow are set to low. Multisampling on 2x, VSync off.
    So far everything runs without any problems. Don't have always the same FPS, but also no drops to 20 FPS. On average everything runs around 40 -50 FPS without major lags.

14. ted day

ted day New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i've been having this issue for about a month i dont use msi or any monitoring software tried 32bit still stutters
    here is log for latest instance

Attached Files:

15. jirbun01

jirbun01 Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Controller - Dualshock 4
    During Ranked I expierence it sometimes, but during LR (today and last week) I expierienced lags every lap, same sections

Attached Files: