Is any really fan simracers?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sergeich, Feb 25, 2020.

Tags:
  1. sergeich

sergeich Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    Bored race with bots. Schoolboys at Hillclimb icons with ABS/ESP/TC - make me cry.

Is any people who like to take all control? There is a RR online server - [Nordschleife Experts]. With all assistants off.

Looking for experienced interesting company.
    I usually at evening time with black or green Zonda.

2. Turtle Power

Turtle Power Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    ?????

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. sergeich

sergeich Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    Most players choose automatic transmission, drive assistants etc.
    Servers where players use all of these - not interesting. There cars drive itself.
    [Nordschleife Experts] - all assistants off. When somebody drive car there - he shows own experience, race with such players - interesting.
    Only available "free choice" - transmission type, coz not all good players have clutch pedal.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Turtle Power

Turtle Power Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Ok thanks for your post.

5. OldFart

OldFart Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    I understand what you are saying and there is a simple answer, host your own server with the settings you want, very few people will join a empty server, so just do hot laps until more join, it is easy and you don't not need a separate server to host it, that is exactly what I do; and now regularly put up three or more up, there are guides on here

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2020
  6. Jorgen Wahlby

Jorgen Wahlby Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    Look in to the Ranked servers... even the ones in different time zones. Normally you will find yourself alone for a couple of laps but eventually there will be people joining, especially if it's "Bathurst, Nordschleife or Road America"... ;) :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. sergeich

sergeich Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    no, all ranked servers has "free choice" or "get real". This not interesting. I like "all off" :)

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    You will struggle to find servers with no assists as most people like to run the cars as they are in the real world. For most of our classes that means that TC and ABS are available as standard. Your only option is to run your own servers if you want to force everything off, but more than likely no one will join you as it's not realistic that way.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. sergeich

sergeich Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    realistic - when you drive real car at real track. simrace - dont provide accelerations. There only two ways to do simrace more interesting - motion platforms and "all assistants off".

For example, any schoolboy can take Pagani Zonda and drive track with average time with TC and ABS. But only really experienced people can drive this car without assistants, only "all off" modes make possible to feel all sim physics.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    GT3 cars have ABS and TC. They don't turn them off in the real world so how would it be more realistic if you did in game? You can do whatever you want in game, it's up to you, but don't complain because no one else wants to play with you...

• Agree Agree x 7
  11. sergeich

sergeich Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    I see... nobody loves simrace like I do :hearteyes:

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2020
  12. BeefMcQueen

BeefMcQueen Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    I'm sure, we all love it! You shouldn't blame people for using features that are available in reality. Rather try to getting more people to drive vehicles that don't even offer these assists. There is a large selection of vehicles in the game to which this applies. Be it age-related or due to specific class regulations. Like @OldFart suggested, a dedicated server is quickly set up and you have the choice of which vehicles you allow to enter. All formula vehicles, the 911 GT3 cup, GTR1, group 4, 5, and C, or the KTM xbow or the NSU, all offer zero driving aids whatsoever and provide exactly what you are looking for. Pure driving.

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    This one - not anymore. It was updated a month ago:
    "Porsche 911 GT3 Cup - The current model has now been modified to Endurance specs. The car now has Traction Control as well as more car setup adjustments allowed. The Cup specs will now be only available in upcoming Porsche Carrera Cup classes"

14. R.Noctua

R.Noctua Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    You're talking about a simulation at a time when the real GT3 car has TC and ABS... ok.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Patrick van der Meulen

Patrick van der Meulen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    I get what you mean. But hardcore simming means simulation as close to real world as possible. And doesn't go more hardcore as NSU. No driving aids, h-pattern shifting... and no power. Which makes a huge difference for required skills to go fast.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. sergeich

sergeich Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    I think, we never can drive real GT car. My cars in real world has no traction control, has no ABS. I dont want just play the game, I want to get some experience which will help me in not good situations on real roads. Simrace helps with it.

Simrace experience helps drive more safe (and fast :) only when simulator in max difficult mode.
    Drive my real RWD cars helps RR's Zonda without assistants, drive my real FWD car helps RR's WTTC simrace cars without assistants. Without practically using - simrace what for?

So I dont like RR's DTM cars - they are too perfect and easy to drive :) (excluding drive DTM at Knutstorp or Zhejiang circuits :)

Two stages to be a good driver:
    1. Raceroom - learn how to drive right trajectories, lern how to control weight center and many other details.
    2. Dirt Rally 2.0 - closer to real driving, faster and harder.
    (it useful if all assistants off)

Simrace experience saved me few times in real situations. And simrace much more interesting when I keep full control over the car, and not interesting at all when car driving itself.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2020
  17. Flintenwilly

Flintenwilly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +115 / 0 / -0
    Yes, my steering wheel in my real car is also rattling like a G27. So realistic...
    And it also has 520° of rotation like race cars...
    And yesterday i bought a used racesuspension from Manthey, so my car will drive even better...
    I can go on and on...

A question from me to you. Why using a car with much downforce and turn assists of? It is still a car with much downforce and a lot of grip. Bragging about being the pimp while just driving a Zonda without assists. That is realy funny.

Why not driving Group 4 or Procar with a decent pace? I join every server, when these classes are up.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. William Richardson

William Richardson Active Member

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    Many real life drivers, play sim racing games of some sort. I have yet to see one not use the assists, of any particular car when the car offers them in real life.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. sergeich

sergeich Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    Coz sense of drive simrace cars - to learn how to stop extreme situations in real life. So I drive simrace car with maximum difficult level.

Drive stable cars (like DTM) - not interesting. Drive group C or 5 cars - they much more easy to control than Zonda without assists.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,037 / 0 / -0
    I played shooter for 15 years without aiming assists. So I'm a tier one special force killer?;)

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1