Telemetry SecondMonitor (Timing & status App)

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by Winzarten, Oct 26, 2017.

1. Cologne Racer

Cologne Racer New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Hi Winzarten,
    I have a problem with AC again. The program is shown as connected in the lower left of Second Monitor, but no data is transferred or displayed !?
    Everything works with RR. I have already reinstalled but none modification.

Please Help.

2. Winzarten

Winzarten Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    Damn, could you please provide the log files? So I can see if there is something amiss there?

In the mean time I've found out why the dependency check is not working for AC, and it will be fixed in the next version.

3. Hervé45

Hervé45 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    Hello
    Is there a temporary solution for secondmonitor to work with ams 2 beta?
    The game is similar to project cars 2 with shared memory

4. Cologne Racer

Cologne Racer New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Hello Winzarten,

if I mean the log data, gladly. But how do I do it?

5. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    In the options there is a open log file directory button (I should add a label to that :D )
    SecondMonitor_2020-03-08_11-59-13.png

If they didn't change anything, then renaming the executable to pCARS2AVX.exe should trick the app into thinking it is projectCars2.

But if there are any changes (like the name for shared memory) it will not work.

I plan to buy AMS 2 after release, because after the state ACC was realeased I'm kinda worried of early access for sims (especially with as steep price, as AMS 2). Official support will definitely come then.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Hervé45

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    I tested but it doesn't work.
    Yes it is a big investment but the price includes 2 years of dlc ;)

7. Cologne Racer

Cologne Racer New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Hi,

here the log file from my last program start.

Attached Files:

• log.txt
      File size:
      5.2 KB
      Views:
  8. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    There is nothing weird in that log :-/

I've pushed a new version, were the dependency check for AC is fixed. Try it out if it works. If not, please provide a new log.

The new version also contains changes to the reports. I've expanded the name, and added initial fuel and pit stop information..
    EXCEL_2020-03-08_20-28-59.png

Little notes, the initial fuel is take at green light. So there can be some fuel burned from start procedure/pace lap.
    Also the pit stop fuel information is the difference between fuel when you stopped at the pitbox and started moving again, so it is fuel added - fuel burned during pit stop.
    Pit stop information also contains tyre compound if tyres were changed.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Cologne Racer

Cologne Racer New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Ok,

it works again. Thank you!

• Love it! Love it! x 1
  10. Hervé45

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    Hello
    very good evolution with the latest version. No problem found on raceroom

the software systematically crashes on rfactor 2
    the log file

2020-03-18 15:43:18.5559 | SecondMonitor.RF2Connector.Rf2Connector | 0 | RF2Invalid Package Caused by Exception | SecondMonitor.RF2Connector.RF2InvalidPackageException ---> SecondMonitor.RF2Connector.RF2InvalidPackageException: Players distance was :1820,35470657118
    à SecondMonitor.RF2Connector.SharedMemory.RF2DataConvertor.CheckValidityByPlayer(DriverInfo driver)
    à SecondMonitor.RF2Connector.SharedMemory.RF2DataConvertor.AddDriversData(SimulatorDataSet data, Rf2FullData rfData)
    à SecondMonitor.RF2Connector.SharedMemory.RF2DataConvertor.CreateSimulatorDataSet(Rf2FullData rfData)
    --- Fin de la trace de la pile d'exception interne ---

à SecondMonitor.RF2Connector.SharedMemory.RF2DataConvertor.CreateSimulatorDataSet(Rf2FullData rfData)
    à SecondMonitor.RF2Connector.Rf2Connector.<DaemonMethod>d__26.MoveNext()
    2020-03-18 15:43:18.5888 | SecondMonitor.RF2Connector.Rf2Connector | 0 | RF2Invalid Package Caused by Exception | SecondMonitor.RF2Connector.RF2InvalidPackageException ---> SecondMonitor.RF2Connector.RF2InvalidPackageException: Players distance was :1820,35470657118
    à SecondMonitor.RF2Connector.SharedMemory.RF2DataConvertor.CheckValidityByPlayer(DriverInfo driver)
    à SecondMonitor.RF2Connector.SharedMemory.RF2DataConvertor.AddDriversData(SimulatorDataSet data, Rf2FullData rfData)

2020-03-18 15:43:18.6217 | SecondMonitor.RF2Connector.Rf2Connector | 0 | RF2Invalid Package Caused by Exception | SecondMonitor.RF2Connector.RF2InvalidPackageException ---> SecondMonitor.RF2Connector.RF2InvalidPackageException: Players distance was :1820,35470657118

2020-03-18 15:43:18.6497 | SecondMonitor.RF2Connector.Rf2Connector | 0 | RF2Invalid Package Caused by Exception | SecondMonitor.RF2Connector.RF2InvalidPackageException ---> SecondMonitor.RF2Connector.RF2InvalidPackageException: Players distance was :1820,35470657118

11. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    I'm playing mostly RF2 this week, and I've already squashed two similar crashing bugs. So in the next version it should behave properly ;)

• Like Like x 1
  12. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    I've pushed a new version including the fixes.
    I've also added additional information to the air / tarmac temperatures.
    SecondMonitor_2020-03-20_18-05-41.png
    The controls now also shows the change in temperature in the last 5 minutes / change in temperature since the session started.

• Like Like x 1
  13. BOZO

BOZO New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi, i'm a complete noob when it comes to downloading and installing things like this. I would really like to use the telemetry second monitor app but have no idea how to go about doing that. I've downloaded the "SecondMonitor-master" folder from github but I am not sure what to do with this now. I'm looking to play this with Asseto-Corsa so any help on what to do with the folder to get it working would be greatly appreciated.

14. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
  15. Hervé45

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    Hello
    I often have this non-unique driver problem.

I understand that this problem exists because the game displays the same driver name with the same car and the same car number.

would there not be a solution in order to have a unique identifier?
    carID or userID?

[​IMG]

16. francis.beland

francis.beland New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Hello,

First, I would like to thank you for such a great program. I only have one problem with it and I'm wondering if it's just a setting that I don't see. When I'm doing a session (for example a practice session), it only log the first 2 laps: the outlap and the first timed lap. After that, nothing is logged. If I disable the Log Invalid Laps option, only the first lap is logged (obviously). I'm I missing something?

Thank you

Edit: I just went inside the log file and after my first logged lap, I have a bunch of this message:
    Invalidated lap 1, , REASON : CompletedDistanceLessThanLapThreshold. Maybe it can help.

Francis

Last edited: Mar 26, 2020
  17. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    Hello, thanks for the kind words. In what sim does this happen? Is it R3E?

Yeah, currently the Driver name is used as the id throught the application, so changing it will require quite a big refactor. Which has to come sometimes soon, as it is a prerequisite for ACC. As there, the last time I checked, even the AI driver name can change because of driver swap. So I need separate Id and display name for ACC, if I want things, like fastest lap times, to be tracked correctly.

But I'm not sure that will help in R3E. If two AI drivers are using the same car, they will have the same CarId. What will most likely be different is SlotId, so I could use that to differentiate. The problem is that I need the DriverId to not change between races, as that would break championship functionality. I will have to think about it.

On another topic. Reiza annouced today, that they will be releasing AMS 2 as early access on 31st with 40% discount. So I will definitely grab it then. Support for AMS2 should come shortly after. :)

• Like Like x 1
  18. francis.beland

francis.beland New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Yes sorry I forgot to mention. It's R3E

19. macman6107

macman6107 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    HI,

I've been using this app for a very long time now, easily over 1 year, going back even into 2018. I used it with RF2 & AC with no problems at all, until the recent update.
    The app works fine in RF2 but doesn't appear to see AC at all. As I say it was working fine before.
    So what I've done is completely remove all traces of the program from my pc. Closed and restarted the pc, installed the latest update and still the app isn't working with AC.
    Help me Obi-Wan Kenobi, you're my only hope.

20. Hervé45

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    1.jpg

• Useful Useful x 1