911 GT3 2019 - Sound

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by IndEnt, Mar 3, 2020.

1. IndEnt

IndEnt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0
    Hello developers - maybe there is still a sound update for the 911 GT3 2019, or is there something planned for the future?
    It drives really well, but really doesn't sound good compared to previous vehicles.
    Some examples of how it might sound:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    i agree the ACC video sounds nothing like the original , but maybe you posted it on the wrong forum ?

Andi

• Funny Funny x 3
  3. IndEnt

IndEnt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0
    Hi - thanks for an answer - of course I posted it here because of course it's about the 911GT3 2019 in R3E.
    Whether this is close to the original in ACC or not - even that means the current sound of the car in R3E is miles away.
    And I think that's a shame, because it is fun to drive with him.

4. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0

Clearly there are differences, but I don't think either do a bad job. In raceroom I always max the transmission and brakes and turn the engine and other effects down a bit. There is enough adjustment in the raceroom sound options to get it how you want it. Not sure any SIM will ever quite capture the rawness of real life cockpit sounds...

5. IndEnt

IndEnt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the video - well, that's probably how it is ...
    Then I prefer to drive the old GT3r or the RUF RT12R GT3 / GT2 or the RUF CTR3 - they all have a fantastic sound.
    It's supposed to be fun too ...

6. R.Noctua

R.Noctua Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    Onboard sound this Porsche is very mediocre in RRE. It was surprised me - 911 GT3R II is the only car in the game with a strange sound. Obviously, the sound on video and the sound in life are two different things. But if the GTR3R II onboard sound is the same... mediocre sound in life, it's sad.

7. Anthony Monteil

Anthony Monteil KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,199 / 0 / -0
    As I explained several times here, the 911 GT3 R cockpit sounds have been a pain to record in the real car.

We had two recording sessions, both didn't provide a satisfying result. The reason is that the transmission inside this car is too loud and it doesn't allow to have separate engine and transmission sounds in the recordings and in the game.So, whatever you do , there's no way to capture the engine rawness or even some engine at all, you mostly get some transmission whine and that's it.
    I have no idea how the ACC guys recorded this car, but this is basically impossible to use some real 911 GT3 R recordings to create the ingame sounds.

Cheating is not in my habit, I always use the real car sounds for all the R3E vehicles.
    I had to use tons of tweaks to get something close to the real 911 GT3R in R3E, but it's obviously far from perfect.

The 911 RSR GTE didn't have this problem at all in exemple, so we recorded some clean and powerful engine sounds, and the result ingame is extremely close to the real car.

I'm really sorry that the GT3R sounds don't satisfy you guys, but I'll update it as soon as I can access some better sources, as I usually do for all the R3E cars ;)

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2020
  8. EsxPaul

EsxPaul Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0
    While the ACC version sounds nice in it's own way, it doesn't sound anything like the real car.

To my ears, Studio 397 have achieved by far the most accurate match. The iRacing version is probably a distant 2nd.

How they do it, I don't know but I'm sure @Anthony Monteil will revisit this if a opportunity to obtain a better sample arises :)

9. R.Noctua

R.Noctua Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    :confused:
    RF2 dont have GT3R II. But I agree the GT3R sounds amazing. All other sounds in RF2 are extremely mediocre. They're just there, that's all - nothing interesting. Paradox.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2020
  10. EsxPaul

EsxPaul Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0
    Apologies. Yes, you are correct and I should have mentioned I was talking about the earlier car :)

11. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    I assume you tried recording the engine going through the rev range with the car out of gear? There would be no transmission noise then.

12. Anthony Monteil

Ratings:
    +1,199 / 0 / -0
    We didn't tried to do it out of gear because we couldn't, but it might work for sure.
    This method can be used only with some proper time and equipment to do it, which we didn't have for these recordings.
    Also, it tends to provide some less lively samples than some normal ontrack recordings.

13. wesker6664

wesker6664 Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Yes indeed if the engine is not under load the recorded sound might not be representative... there's also the fact that most cars with sequential transmission have a rev limiter in neutral (around 4000 / 5000rpm usually) to prevent damage, maybe it's the same for race cars ?

14. javi_crash

javi_crash Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    A 911 RSR GTE in R3R? Where? Maybe the next Porsche in R3R?

15. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. Anthony Monteil

Ratings:
    +1,199 / 0 / -0
    Afaik, this limiter doesn't exist for the race cars with sequential gearbox, however the teams usually don't like to run their engines at full power unloaded as it can potentially damage the engine ;)

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    when in real life if your sat in the car do you hear or feel the engine , isnt the gearbox the main thing you hear ?

Andi

18. bubblejohns

bubblejohns Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    custom fit iems, they change everything, cut out a lot of frequencies, a lot of what comes through is rattling of the car on bumps, some trans, some sounds are put in like shift beeps