[Physics Update] Tyres, force feedback, AI and general developments - 10/12/2019

Discussion in 'Car Information and physics updates' started by Alex Hodgkinson, Dec 10, 2019.

1. MattStone

MattStone Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    same goes with every class of cars
    I’m getting frustrated they haven’t fixed this track yet because it’s been like this for months

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    I got it yesterday too after posting...i was handling the clutch a bit better...but the position loss was still one :D

• Like Like x 1
  3. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    Just to add another fr90 at imola ai problem i encountered recently. Did an 8 lap race and almost the whole field decided to pit on lap 7 or 8 for some reason

4. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    They're lenient with tyre wear, yes...it's also a phenomenon for other classes like GTO.
    Also in a longer GT2 race at Dubai, they were pitting after 30 minutes, what is pretty early for these cars.

5. ozcanuck55

ozcanuck55 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +145 / 0 / -0
    Just running the Porsche GT3 Cup car at Bilsterberg......the feeling of the suspension over the bumps and hills in this car is amazing.....so good. Thrustmaster TMX.

• Like Like x 3
  6. DrKarotte

DrKarotte Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    I have noticed similar behaviour with Silhouette cars. Short race (10 mins), and the whole field pits after about 5 minutes. I am still observing, but at the moment I think that this only happens when there is no practice/qualifying (regardless if not set up or skipped). I think that perhaps the AI cars do not have the information (fuel extimation for example) usually collected in these sessions. On the other hand, this behaviour does not occur in all races without practice/qualifying.

7. Beastux

Beastux Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +281 / 0 / -0
    I did the same combo yesterday and I had the same feeling. The 911 GT3 Cup is wonderful to drive and so different from the initial release. :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. memoNo1

memoNo1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    I had today the "ride" of my live with the 934 RSR on Bilsterberg.

It took me 4 days to cover the distance of 20 minutes. The thing is incredibly difficult to keep at the limit. Especially when the brakes are hot ..

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2020
  9. Beastux

Beastux Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +281 / 0 / -0
    Well, it's not so difficult if you avoid using the brakes!! :p:D

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. memoNo1

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    Maybe I should give it a try .. :cool:

The beast is a hot-blooded diva who wants to be kept busy. And if you get too rough just once, she punish you immediately!
    But I love her for her hot temper .:)

11. BeefMcQueen

BeefMcQueen Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    I love both, the GT3 cup and the 934, and both especially at Bilster Berg. My go to cars and track combos to just hotlap and forget about time. Must also mention the 911 GT2 RS here I think... But besides from being pure pleasure, these cars on that track are also a reliable scale for dialing in your ffb. With my T300 I aim for some mild clipping down the compression at "Mausefalle" (the iconic downhill lefthander) and some subtle road feel heading down the straight after the chicane. If you get it set up like this you're pretty much using the whole dynamic range your wheel offers.
    Have to post that 934 lap here... Too sweet, to be buried in the video thread :p

• Like Like x 5
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  12. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +478 / 0 / -0
    bilsterberg is just the best :D

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. sergeich

sergeich Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    0:12 - when I drive same trajectory - always got "offtrack" collision point. Why?

14. BeefMcQueen

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    At the right-hander T3? Is that happening on every layout? (You reported an issue with only the chicane layout between the pit exit lines which I already passed on to the devs) Never had an issue in T3 myself, but thanks for mentioning, will try to reproduce that.

15. memoNo1

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    I think that happened to me a couple of times. In the end I always countered hard.

16. elcampero

elcampero New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm new to this game.
    I'm looking for FFB Settings on the Thrustmaster TMX. Does someone have the right settings for me?

Thanks for the help

17. R.Noctua

R.Noctua Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    What's wrong with standard settings?

I know that's not the answer to the question, just curious. I have the same steering wheel. I'll send the settings tonight.

18. BeefMcQueen

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    Hi @elcampero, if you're new to the game I can recommend having a look to that thread here. The first post has a lot of useful advice and information about which setting does what. https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/ffb-guide-december-2019.14067/
    In case you already did that, is there something you don't like about the ffb or are you missing something? It's hard to find "the right" settings for someone else since ffb is a very subjective thing.

• Like Like x 1
  19. elcampero

elcampero New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Noctua. I'm waiting for you.
    For example I never tweak something in the weel software. I'm curious about if there's anything to set.

20. ozcanuck55

ozcanuck55 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +145 / 0 / -0
    I have changed nothing but the button assignments. Running 900 degrees in TM software.Maybe I'm easily pleased but I think the default is great. My old old wheel was a POS, so I'm happy so far.

• Like Like x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1