News COVID-19 - RaceRoom temporarily goes 100% free

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by J-F Chardon, Mar 19, 2020.

1. R.Noctua

R.Noctua Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    The fact is that RRE is progress, RF2 is regression. If we see improvements in RRE every time, RF2 is constantly fighting against new bugs. I love both games, but for me it's obvious that RF2 is stuck in a swamp. Unfortunately.

Thanks to the small base of players who save RF2(as an example - these are tracks, which are very few in original RF2) the game continues to retain interest in itself. But it's a fine line, it's weird that dev doesn't understand it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. memoNo1

memoNo1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    +1

3. Redglyph

Redglyph Active Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    Hello, that's a generous idea, but does that explain why we can't access the server anymore?

What about letting us at last have an offline version? It's been years like this, what is blocking?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Piston Broke

Piston Broke Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    'In these difficult times of quarantine and lockdowns, it's very important that we take care of each other. As a racing game providing entertainment, we thought temporarily opening the gates and letting you all enjoy the RaceRoom content without worrying about the next paycheck was the best we could do. Starting now and for a minimum of five days, all the content in RaceRoom is freely accessible.'
    Well done Raceroom, someone thinking about gamers in this awful time....but hang on, the virus is even worse now, money is even tighter, for even more people, but this supposedly goodwill gesture has ended ?
    Seems like it was just a marketing ploy after all, just riding on the back of the Corona virus lockdown, ahh well, it was to be expected.

• Disagree Disagree x 6
    • Dislike Dislike x 5
  5. Olaf Hülse

Olaf Hülse Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +505 / 0 / -0
    I had some fun days with my friends who didn't know R3E and were impressed about how great it was. It might be marketing, every company should advertise their products, especially if they're good. I know many people who now show interest in sim racing. As the prices are usually pretty high, some are afraid of their money. Showing them what they can do with it and that its worth the price is good for the whole community of simracing. Especially on discord, you saw how many people enjoyed it. We are growing, meaning we get noticed and might get access to data etc. that would normally out of reach. Five days is more than reasonable. The server and internet hickups meant some bad times for esports and leagues, that was enough for them.
    Greetings

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2