RaceRoom GP Shanghai | 29/03/20

Discussion in 'Special Events' started by Simon Fillingham, Mar 10, 2020.

1. Simon Fillingham

Simon Fillingham Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +161 / 0 / -0
    Which comp?

FRX Asia
    GT3 Cup EU
    FRX EU

2. Simon Fillingham

Ratings:
    +161 / 0 / -0
    Drivers are reminded they must not share the race server password. If anyone is looking to broadcast server #2, please PM me so I can better manage the connections to the server so we do not risk any performance issues.

3. sloppshaa

sloppshaa Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    hello, i'm still confused about the time lol, i'm in Server #1, GMT start time 18.15.
    I'm in UK, we are in BST, so start time for me is 19.15.

But when i click on the link it says Event time CEST 19.00, so start time in my country BST 18.00..........

sorry for being thick

4. Ismael

Ismael New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have a question about whether the time that you have set the servers open is at 18:15 gmt or gmt +1 pro the time change that has just happened this day.

I would like to know if at gmt + 2 we would start at 19:15 or 20:15

5. chunky40monkey

chunky40monkey Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    ok so this is a little confussing GMT ie Greenwich mean time is 1 hour behind the UK even though its in the UK, so i am guessing the start time is 18:00
    hope this helps

6. Simon Fillingham

Ratings:
    +161 / 0 / -0
    Due to the daylight saving that happened today, there is a bit of confusion as to when start times are for todays RaceRoom GP. Hopefully this post will help.

- GT3 Cup Server up (practice) - 1640 gmt/1740 bst/1840 cest
    - GT3 Cup Q - 1710 gmt/1810 bst/1910 cest
    - GT3 Cup R1 - 1725 gmt/1825 bst/ 1925 cest
    - GT3 Cup R2 - 1750 gmt/1850 bst/1950 cest

- FRX Server up (practice) - 1820 gmt/ 1920 bst/2020 cest -approx
    - FRX Q - 1835 gmt/1935 bst/2035 cest
    - FRX R - 1850 gmt/1950 bst/2050 cest

I have to wait until the GT3 Cup R2 has finished before i can launch the server for FRX. It will be around the time stated. I will post in #esports discord channel when the FRX server is up, then you have 15 mins to join.

• Like Like x 1
  7. GThamadi

GThamadi New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi,
    Could you plz tell us when we will be able to enter the race server 1?
    I don't see the server.
    The practice one I see it.

Regards.

8. chunky40monkey

chunky40monkey Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    i can see server 2 for GT3 but not server 1??

9. sloppshaa

sloppshaa Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    if the race is 70minutes how does it work in raceroom, if the leader is on a lap and the clock runs out, is that the last lap?
    Or does raceroom make the following lap the last lap?

10. Simon Fillingham

Ratings:
    +161 / 0 / -0
    when the clock runs out, THAT is the last lap for leader

11. davidantx

davidantx Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    I had so much fun, here is my stream from the 2nd split of GT3. I blew the win on the last corner in race 2!!! Arrgghhh lol. Fun stuff, congrats everyone. https://www.twitch.tv/videos/578411368

• Like Like x 2
  12. jilt

jilt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +56 / 0 / -0
    That was a really nice race (both of them). Won the first race. Two persons much quicker than me, but they ran out off black stuff.... Second race got bumped of in turn 1, then had to come from last to you David. Tried to outbreak you in the second to last corner in race 2, but so did you.... So we missed out both. I could recover a tiny bit faster which gave me the win. You did great! Had a really hard time reeling you in. Seemed like you were getting faster every lap... (or me slower ;-)
    Great race. Thanks for the clean race.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2020
  13. davidantx

davidantx Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    For sure Jilt, that was so much fun and funny at the end, but we were both going for it for sure! I have enjoyed this and look forward to the next one. Cheers guys! Be safe out there.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Scott Williams

Scott Williams New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I had fun in the Server 1 race but to be honest I should never have been in that race - At my pace I was 4 seconds off the lead guys, but would have been competitive on server 2. Good work RaceRoom though, these events are awesome.

• Like Like x 1
  15. sloppshaa

sloppshaa Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Sorry, None of this made any sense to me - Ted Haggard here.
    First of all, you had on your competition leaderboard webpage, stating 1x Fuel. So I was practising with 1x Fuel.
    Very annoying and misleading.
    That also meant my pitstop was 17 secoinds for fuel lol instead of like...11.

[​IMG]

Secondly - on a completely separate subject - what on earth was going on? I was practising with Tyres on 'Normal', and Afternoon settings in Practice and Single player race mode.
    Soft tyres lasted about 17 laps, Mediums about 2 laps more, and Hards about 4-5 laps more.
    So i thought - obvious choice, Hards.

I get on the server and find the tyre wear rates were Nothing like what i was practising with offline - so, wtf????
    Can anyone explain what i had done wrong?
    If anything practising with half the fuel load would mean even lower tyre wear offline - so why was the tyre wear so minimal in the race? Thats why i went for 1 stop, Hard tyres both stints, thinking no other tyre would last!

Please someone, help me understand.,
    thank you.

• Like Like x 1
  16. davidantx

davidantx Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    have results been posted yet anywhere?

17. Simon Fillingham

Ratings:
    +161 / 0 / -0
    Hi Ted,

I'm sorry to hear that you were unaware of the x2 fuel multiplier.

All the information about the event is here on the forum. This is always the best place to keep up to date with the latest information. The event (race) was originally advertised as x1 fuel but the decision was made during the LB qualifying period to increase it to x2 to bring into play more strategy options. This was announced in this thread last Monday when the LB qualifying ended. I admit, it is an oversight on my behalf to not to think to include this info in the gridmail and also to not request an adjustment to wording in the competition portal. I must apologise for this. But I reiterate that the forum is THE BEST source of info when it comes to RaceRoom events.

Yes, in post #1

18. geoffers

geoffers Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    Thanks to all who organised this. Really enjoyed my two Porsche Cup races, looking forward to the next one.:grinning:

• Like Like x 1
  19. sloppshaa

sloppshaa Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    yes i second that - apart from my strategy confusion, loved doing the proper organised broadcast event, was a lot of fun doing a proper race for once. Thank you to event organisers.

• Like Like x 1
  20. David Walters [8]

David Walters [8] New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    @Ted Haggard
    I agree the server seemed to behave differently. Although I practiced with 2x fuel, I had 6 gallons left on my test run, but ran out of fuel on last lap of race using set volume refill. Took me from 7th (behind you, Ted, to dnf☹️) also agree on the tyre wear. I should have done 1 stop, but didn’t start with enough fuel to change)
    Also, you and I were the cleanest drivers by a mile. Check the incident list, lol. You live and learn, eh?
    That said I really enjoyed the race as my light/fast setup meant I made loads of overtakes.
    Can’t wait for the next one.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2020