VR Performance Tweaks & Tips

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Thomas Jansen, Apr 19, 2019.

1. Neawoulf

Neawoulf Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Yep, doesn't work. I always get that error message.

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. sherpa25

sherpa25 Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Guys, check what version you're using. I believe I also used to encounter that error. Latest I'm using is v.1.01 (AVX2) from TIW's link in the OP... unless something changed recently, as I haven't used VR for some time, but checking TIW's link, it's still the same/latest version.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Neawoulf

Neawoulf Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Looks like that's working. I was using the "normal" 64-bit and 32-bit versions from the first link. Don't have time to test much now, but i'll test the performance later.

4. rafnix

rafnix New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    No, it's not working, tested already...see post 410 :(

5. sherpa25

sherpa25 Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Do you have Oculus Home running too?

6. rafnix

rafnix New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    yes I have

7. sherpa25

sherpa25 Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Ok, that's one I'd make sure is running first. I run it though through OTT, and after the service of OHome is running, that's only when I run R3E. Nothing else.

8. Jacob Marshall

Jacob Marshall Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    For WMR:
    Thank you both, between you I'm playing quite happily in VR.
    ndwthx1138 the Legacy setting worked immediately, also seems to help in AC, although for AC that could be a placebo; I can't find the time-of-day setting though, any pointers?

Neawoulf, I'd completely forgoten that if reprojection can't hit 90fps it drops you to 45; even if you drop to 89 it;ll shunt you to 45. This prompted me to try something different on my Lenovo; I changed the WMR environment to 60Hrz from 90Hrz (low settings elsewhere of course).

On 60 FPS in R3R I see no flickering, which is the case in other games I've tried, and the image is incredibly sharp. I'm still quite surprised that 60 FPS in this game is as good as it is; I'm a very happy Ape.

Thanks to this, and finding some kind of working FFB for a G29, I have my fav sim back; now I just need to figure out how to hit 1:43 at Imola.

Thanks all.

9. Andrew_WOT1

Andrew_WOT1 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Any way to accomplish proper/full lock to horizon, the view is still bouncy even with all camera sliders at 0.
    Quite unsettling in VR.

10. RWB 3vil

RWB 3vil Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Muca

Muca Active Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    Thomas Jansen, thank you very much for this post. I stopped playing R3E because of the poor VR performance with AI. Now it is my go to sim again.
    My only complaint is that this post is a bit "hidden".

12. SonnyTron

SonnyTron New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm using the version you said, doesn't work.
    The game starts to load in Oculus and then it just says "Loading" in Oculus but it shows up on my regular monitor as a tiny screen in the corner.

13. sherpa25

sherpa25 Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Does OHome run first? I noticed it shows up in VR only with Home running (w/c I run through OTT).

14. SonnyTron

SonnyTron New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yes OHome is running. Also the file gets deleted from the Game library, does Steam delete the file or something?

15. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    Yesterday I've tried the normal SteamVR Version as I've used the OpenOVR thing now many months without problems.
    There is something I'm not doing right. Tried to catch the right Pixel Density to compare.
    In OpenOVR I used 1,4 SS (PD 1,4) so I've tried in SteamVR and with 200% SS the Oculus Debug Tool shows 1.4 PD, too.
    But with SteamVR I was unable to get my 80 FPS. With the OpemOVR and 1,4 PD this was my goal and I got it neraly every time.
    Is there something, what I'm doing wrong? Thinking about the non Oculus user which are forced to use SteamVR, so I think, this must work there, too.
    ETS/ATS works with SteamVR better than with there ocukus special derivates, so I've thougt, it couldn't be worser than before :(

16. Jason Schofield

Jason Schofield New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Now I see that Raceroom is defaulting to 0.90 for World Scale. I have to bump it up to 1.0 to make things look normal size. Anyone else notice this?

17. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    Is anyone else having issues with OpenComposite since the patch? First time I've had a chance to play tonight, but within minutes of starting the graphics suddenly go haywire. Triangles, black bands and corruption kaleidoscoping all over the screen. Only the game is affected, the WebHUD still displays fine with no corruption. Nothing other than R3E has this issue so far either.

Anyone know what's going on?

fecked.png

18. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    Nevermind, the problem was my end. For some reason MSI Afterburner has started applying a ridiculously high overclock to my card every time I restart my rig. I haven't touched the app for weeks and it was running fine on Tuesday, so I don't know why it's doing this now. o_O

As an aside, it seems we don't need to use the Iron Wolf version of OpenComposite anymore. I tried the DLL from the regular version and it's running R3E absolutely fine. This discovery has probably already been made, but I don't really follow this thread and am not going back 22 pages to find out... :p

19. Maarten

Maarten Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    @Goffik

Thanks for sharing. Didn't know that. Made a bug report for it in the past but never heard anything from it.

20. rafnix

rafnix New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Which DLL please? Never got the OpenComposite working in R3E anyway whereas in rF2 it worked.