Help, Teach me about Race line.

Discussion in 'Knowledge Base' started by Nash Bobo, Apr 27, 2020.

1. Nash Bobo

Nash Bobo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Can I control them? Turn them off/on? What do the colors mean? Can I change there colors? What's the Circle with the ! in it mean? Can I make it longer or shorter etc? I don't know a thing about them.
    Can you give me advice on how to use them?
    Any help videos on them?

Nash

2. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    You can set a hotkey to switch it on/off and also go between ideal line and your previous line. I think the standard one is 4. The warning ! are to indicate braking/ danger points. Green means gas, red means slow down and yelllow/white means feather the throttle or coast.

Note that the game generated racing line is usually not the quickest way around the track as it does not optimise all the kerbs and is not always accurate for some cars/tracks so it is useful as a starting point but you will be faster by studying the laps of the best players and taking visual references of track details to help as braking points.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. MattStone

MattStone Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    But it’s great for an absolute beginner sim racer with little to no experience

4. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +479 / 0 / -0
    Yea, use it to learn track, but then id recommend turning it off

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Nash Bobo

Nash Bobo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Hey Vale! Thanks for writing. I thought I knew what I was doing until I seen what others were doing with a car. So, I felt I had to lower my pride and let these drivers teach me if I was going to get anywhere. First: Show me how to set a hot key. Second, What do you mean by ideal line? Do you mean the line that RR's race line is showing me? Never seen a yellow or white line yet. I do not know what you mean "I think the standard one is 4". I am in pre, pre, rookie status. I don't know some of RR's terms or computer terms.

Nash

6. taonindo

taonindo New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    The big " ! " helps me when learning a new course. The green, white, yellow, red line not so much. ( Is there a yellow and white line?) Joining a league can be one of the best things to do. Most are eager to help you out. Once you can beat me you will be a full fleg rookie lol

7. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    Sorry, I missed your reply. On my game, number 4 on the keyboard changes the racing line on or off but it might be different on your game. In any case you can custom edit the function from the in game control edit menu.

There was a bug in the game so sometimes the racing line was always green but that has been fixed. I suggest you try a time attack competition and select the fastest driver then toggle racing line to be that of the fast driver, not the default game ideal line. You will then see the optimum fastest way round a given track. Expect it to be almos corner cutting if it is a really fast time and will likely be using all the track and kerbs.