Spectator & Broadcast Guide

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by KW Studios, Oct 6, 2015.

1. thebaz

thebaz New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    in my opinion, you should stop using this and see my previous post...

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ricardo961RCPromotions

Ricardo961RCPromotions New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi Guys

im trying to get this to work and have failed just wondering i have downloaded and installed everything as per the instructions above now when i hit run.bat it does nothing and another thing do i need to open ports ect to be able to use this on pc

many thanks

3. rushdarn

rushdarn New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Great Solution!

Last edited: Apr 14, 2020
  4. MarcG

MarcG Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    Query: Can you run this on a Second PC with the same RaceRoom & Steam account? So you're watching this on the 2nd PC whilst Racing on the 1st PC?
    I've tried this with other Sims but Steam logs you out of one of them when you try to have them both running at the same time, didn't know whether this Starting Command Prompt would change that somehow?

I'm looking (hoping) for a way to Stream the TV View whilst I'm Driving, idea is the Stream takes the main PC Cockpit View and I us a Webcam to point at the 2nd PC showing the TV Cam. Thanks

5. MrBiscotte

MrBiscotte Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +210 / 0 / -0
    Hi Marc,
    I managed yesterday to do what you want. You just have to create a second steam account and you launch Raceroom in spectator mode from this account . You will be able to stream your race in TV mode.

6. MarcG

MarcG Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    Hi mate many thanks, a second account was something I was hoping to avoid but if that's the case I will give it a go, thanks :)

7. MarcG

MarcG Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    Ok did a test last night on a Ranked Server, it worked almost perfectly for my needs except for one little annoying issue; I had the Spectate set to my Car in game for Qualifying, when it switched to the Race the Cam changed to another car and I didn't notice this until the end of the race (had VR HMD on so couldn't "check"!). Other than that all was good.

8. Vimozahr

Vimozahr New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    can someone help me? first i got a error when i unpack spectator...if i say ignore i have the other problem :D

maybe the second problem is because of the first

Attached Files:

9. GamerGuy2020

GamerGuy2020 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have found a recent bug I would like to being to your attention, during a 2 race round while spectating in race 2 the camera glitches itself into scenery and got stuck there and caused all cars to have no front wheels. Please can you look into this, if theres any files you may need to help then let me know

10. MR RMM COSTA

MR RMM COSTA New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

11. museumsteve

museumsteve Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +78 / 0 / -0
    I'm looking to do this for a project. I'm hoping to be able to run a race with just myself and AI and hopefully spectator mode only showing the rear view of my car? Possible?

12. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    The Broadcast tool works for multiplayer only via a remote server and currently online does not allow ai.

• Like Like x 1
  13. JuanchiBallesta

JuanchiBallesta New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hola: estamos intentando abrir el modo Espectador con todas las herramientas para Streaming, encontramos que el navegador NO ABRE NADA, con el error en la pantalla. ¿Alguna sugerencia?

Hello: we are trying to open the Spectator mode with all the tools for Streaming, we found that the browser DOES NOT OPEN ANYTHING, with the error on the screen. Any suggestion?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 3, 2020
  14. TKINGSY

TKINGSY New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    How do I access cameras to view certain cars when in spec mode?

15. C 5WNE

C 5WNE New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have followed the instructions above but get a blank white screen on the local host.
    I also get this in the start bat
    [​IMG]

16. TKINGSY

TKINGSY New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    when I try and run start bat it only pops up for about a second then shuts it self off I have tried redownloading the files but hasnt worked any
    reason why this might be?

17. J.Simonds

J.Simonds Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    UPDATE EDIT

Installed the NodeJS as instructed and rebooted
    I downloaded the zip file and extracted to dir.
    I edited the Steam command line.
    I ran Start.bat.. got lots of positive reinforcement
    Loaded R3
    Joined in progress race in Qually
    Loaded http://localhost:9090/ and got a blank page

where did I go wrong??

thanks

Last edited: Jan 28, 2021
  18. J.Simonds

J.Simonds Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Did you ever solve your issue.. I am in the exact same spot

19. J.Simonds

J.Simonds Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    UPDATE.. I followed the advice of the @thebaz on the previous page and downloaded a different tool, which worked fine right out of the box... .. thanx!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. J.Simonds

J.Simonds Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    OK... Good Morning... after wasting a ton of time trying to get the Page One version of spectating widget running, I followed the advice of @thebaz

But here is the thing...

This thread is pushing 5 years old and the information is old and the org program does not work. It is a waste of time to have this thread up as a guide to Spectating.... It is an Ex-guide... it has chuffed it's mortal cool.... dropped the perch... bought the farm

It need to be archived and a new lead post/thread needs to be started. I'll write the thread even.. .but man was last night frustrating, and for no good reason...

I *KNEW* that a 5 year old guide to a program was not goign to go well....

plus the instructions themselves could be clearer..... with your permission and ack that you will archive the old thread, I will create a new one... PLEASE...