I own nearly everything, 807 hours since 2013, but I'm done.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kondor999, May 21, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    Could it be a cooling issue you have? Sounds like the PC is locking up due to overtemp of a component. Did you run any health check app?

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. gazzy75

gazzy75 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thrustmaster TX wheel here. Same issue. I've spent hours following the advice here and other forums trying to get some feeling through the wheel. I feel wheel strength/resistance and kerbing, but no tyre communication. As someone mentioned earlier, it's like driving on marble. I do have all the content but not the latest as I can't enjoy the game without any meaningful ffb. I've seen plenty of other complaints about it, and own all the other sims too which I have no ffb issues with. Not sure what else I can do? I'll keep my eye out to see if reinstalling helps you. I've got pretty crappy internet in Oz or would try that.

3. Loki-D

Loki-D Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    I due regularly check temps and cpu and gpu are stable. Its done it even on the Internet. When I rebooted I got 2 beeps and fans lights were powered but no os. Then after a few restarts no power gets to the pc, it like flashes the lights and fans then dies. Stays like that for a few hours. So I reseated ram and rebuilt it and its been fine for a few weeks. Its done that twice now in 2 months

4. Winzarten

Winzarten Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    What is your motherboard manufacturer and model? Those beeps are an error code from the MB and can point to the faulty component.

5. Loki-D

Loki-D Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    gigabyte z77-d3h

This is the only original component from my first build hence why I think uts on itsbway out.

6. Winzarten

Winzarten Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    According to this https://www.gigabyte.com/Support/FAQ/816
    For the AMI bios, which the board has, two short beeps are memory parity error. So most likely memory issue, which usually manifest this weirdly.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Loki-D

Loki-D Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    When the pc just dies I get a long continuous beep, almost sounds like a modem. Before it dies of course

this!!!

Last edited: May 22, 2020
  8. augustkekule

augustkekule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    Neither the Capri nor the BMW are undriveable, both are extremely fast cars when driven properly. The tricky thing which makes the Capri sometimes challenging is the fact, that its amount of downforce can suddenly change, so you have to be prepared for a snapping tail. As for the BMW, in my oppinion it is very forgiving and can easily be slided around the track at very high speed, but it can´t be driven like a modern GT 3 car. Regarding the old physics of the reworked classes these were all botched before the updates in my oppinion if I´m honest. Cars would keep a constant yaw angle , could be thrown around like being glued to the tarmac and there was absolutely no weight transfer and lateral momentum. Just learn how to drive these cars and be patient, because they are rewarding beasts. Greetings

9. Maarten

Maarten Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    Hi, I've got a TS-XW, didn't read the whole thread. What I did to make me understand what the car is doing is to increase the lateral force, and lower if not already the vertical load. Try 80 for lateral force and 15 for vertical load. If both set to the same level I feel like it's much harder to tell what's going on. Also try lowering the understeer effect. 15 or so.
    If set like this you will have a good feel for the balance of the car, it does not give you a road (texture) feel. It does make it easier to get closer to the maximum slip angle and correct for it if you overstep it.

10. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Similar situation here, 5yrs 2500hrs and i just cant be bothered wasting any more time on it, so reading the latest G5 patchnotes thinking yes lets give it a go, 2 mins in game and back out, nut straight to a busted flush, 180 DOR when set at 450 in game and wheel profiler, too much hassle too much time wasted to bother anymore, lol and then theres the prici.................

Take it easy guys ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. SwaggerJacker

SwaggerJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    Who mentioned "grip"? Reading "too" fast can do that. I mentioned "road feel". You know, rolling down the road? A quote from my post..."I don't have a problem with the car and wheel communicating to me, tire temps and bad setups and all.". Grip is fine for me in this sim. Thanks anyway for the input.

Last edited: May 23, 2020
  12. higsy

higsy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +123 / 0 / -0
    Pretty much everyone in my gt3 league complain of no feel in the car, these are the guys with dd's and lots of time invested. Is a pretty hot topic from time to time on discord. Iracing is the same but ams2 feels great as well as rf2. How can these be so vastly different. Ffb should be the biggest thing sim developers need to get right, not releasing new content or esports stuff. Ffb is the basis of your sim. And make it simple as well as post settings for each wheel.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Turtle Power

Turtle Power Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Pretty much it comes down to personal preference. I think Raceroom has the best FFB on the market full stop. Best sounds too.
    However Alex, I am not leaving this thread until I tell you that we desperately need road feel, road bumps, road effects or whatever you may want to call it. :p......Seriously, is this in the pipe line at all?

Finally, Raceroom all the way for me.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: May 24, 2020
  14. SwaggerJacker

SwaggerJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    That was my point, exactly.

15. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    This sounds suspiciously similar to a common misconception about keyboard controls...

No racing game ever applies 100% trottle instantly when you press a key, it's always gradual. In Raceroom it depends on your throttle sensitivity settings, the lower it is the more time it takes for throttle to go from 0 to 100.

Last edited: May 24, 2020
  16. muzikant

muzikant Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112 / 0 / -0
    How is the new updates after 3 months? From december... on my dd wheel it was dead!

17. Turtle Power

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    what do you mean by dead?

18. nolive721

nolive721 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +72 / 0 / -0
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. Turtle Power

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
  20. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    Now everyone that knows me knows that i am a big lover of R3E its what we've been running at ESR since 2014.
    I've been cheerleader for Raceroom everywhere i could for years.
    But i feel something went wrong for sure. We have lost a lot of racers and a lot are all complaining about the zero feel from the road in this game.

Not too sure what to think of this game anymore.
    Its getting really odd.
    I to tried reset my Control set profile and loaded default rcs profile for my TS-PC.
    Then back to my previous Control set from last week.
    Also tried some from my old control set from Jan,
    Then downloaded two RCS from this Thread <https://forum.sector3studios.com/in...-and-road-vibration-experimental.14537/page-2>
    I Modded the one rcs from that thread from the T300 and change the device name so i could load his setting with my Ts-PC.
    All those 5 or 6 RCS i just tried all feel so completely different and none feel good (well one was slightly better than the rest)
    Why on earth do i have to go through so many profiles and waste my time like this trying to find answers just to make it feel ok??
    When i jump in rf2 and Ams2 i don't have to deal with any of this. It works right out of the box and it feels great...

R3E FFB has been quite a mess for a while now, Its terrible/ok at best with certain cars when before the update just around December it felt GREAT

What the hell changed ?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.