New Features/ Options wishlist 2020-2021

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Turtle Power, Dec 16, 2019.

1. Turtle Power

Turtle Power Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    May I just add a reminder of what others have already suggested for example ONE LAP WARM UP and COOL DOWN options just like in real life. This would be so good! Cheers

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Jukka Karppinen

Jukka Karppinen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +137 / 0 / -0
    For better immersion in free practice, could it be possible to make ai cars start at random times? it's quite annoying that they all rush to track at same time.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Lixma

Lixma Honorary QA

Ratings:
    +174 / 0 / -0
    Save mirror/HUD positions per individual car.

So you can do something like this....

[​IMG]

or this....

[​IMG]

....without having to mess around every time you get in a new car.

Comes complete with non-ugly black mirror border™.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    Last edited: May 26, 2020
  4. Badgerous

Badgerous Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +223 / 0 / -0
    They're fairly spread out already aren't they? Once they start pitting as well, I find they typically space out quite nicely.

5. Jukka Karppinen

Jukka Karppinen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +137 / 0 / -0
    In practice, not in race weekend, at the start of the session they all rush at track virtually same time at least in my game. If i remeber correctly in AC they spread out nicely so that track has quite constant traffic.

6. mmaruda

mmaruda Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -0
    The only feature I currently wish for, is for damage to be more punishing. Bonus points if there is increase is visual mutilation of the vehicle, but driving a Group C car at 200 kph dead into a wall, should kill the driver and cause a nuclear explosion, meanwhile in any racing sim this results in a slight dent of the hood, a broken light and slight suspension damage. IRL hitting a wild animal in an Opel Corsa at 60 kph results in what is considered 'unrecoverable structural frame damage',or whatever the mechanic had in mind, but aside from the general electronics failure, a broken windshield, dent hood, broken headlights, the car failed to start and there was no point in fixing it - RIP Yellow Bee.

Why is this important IN A GAME WHERE YOU ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO CRASH ANYWAY? Ask those who crash notoriously online what the consequences are. Spoiler: aside from a few pissed-off proper drivers, none.

Plus, it's much simpler to implement this than a rating system that works and is fair to everyone. You will not change my mind, I've been playing Grid Autosport with arcade-trained friends recently - three races of carnage and failed expectations for a win, and everyone who grew up on Burnout suddenly became a gentleman driver and started using their brakes rather than other racers to stop.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Aurigarius

Aurigarius Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    I am sure it has been said before:

1. Players Name on the car/windows
    2. Option to end the race when the last active driver finishes his race, so we can have a proper end of a race.
    3. Option to have the car slowed down clearly when cutting the track, rather to have "incidents" which noone cares about in a race.
    and most importatly
    4. Option to have a drive through when no other option is selected in pit-menu, rather than to have the DT-option to be selected in the pit menu while driving. It is very challenging to fiddle around in the pit menu while driving at race-speed.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    I´ll bump the request to remove or reposition the countdown clock that pops up once the winner has finished. It is distracting for other drivers, serves no useful purpose and could easily be made smaller or repositioned like penalty warnings were. At worst have the countdown replace the normal race clock in the top right hand corner of the screen.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Lixma

Lixma Honorary QA

Ratings:
    +174 / 0 / -0
    Replays - on the control section display the name of the driver being focused on. Also have a menu or list of drivers to quickly jump to selected driver.

10. Lixma

Lixma Honorary QA

Ratings:
    +174 / 0 / -0
    I think there is an issue with licencing, so the cars must display the historically correct driver/number.

That said - maybe there is a legal loop-hole whereby the player's name can be displayed in addition to the real-life driver's ID?

11. MC_Hammer_82

MC_Hammer_82 Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    There is a great Tool, made by Koen, which handles this. There is a thread in this forum for it. We use it on our servers, it works really well. It is called RR Commander.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Turtle Power

Turtle Power Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    An increase of Damage won't help online racers. So many idiots are there just to ruin your car and leave session. I think the current full damage model is punishing enough. Safety rating and some other strict things like in iracing would be better option. As for the bonus points, not sure what are you referring to? Do you you mean achievements like in Forza. If yes... I have one thing to say ....:eek::confused:

13. mmaruda

mmaruda Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -0
    Idiots who just join a race to ruin it for everyone are another story - rating system as we have them today, aren't effective enough against this type of behavior I think, otherwise, we wouldn't see it. I don't know, I think in such a case we would need a more advanced system that would be able to determine, if someone is basically griefing. What I meant was all those people who can't overtake or take a corner in a clean fashion, because 'rubbing is racing' or something. If bumping into one another meant the end of the race due to a severely damaged car, maybe they would put some effort into learning to race proper. The current damage model is just not enough to discourage a reckless approach, which is why we see stuff like 3-wide situations or turn one carnage - people will crash, but it's fine, since they can just get back on the track with a scratched paint-job.

EDIT: It's funny that you mentioned Forza, since that game actually has a pretty good damage system and quite an impressive system to prevent unhealthy behavior. It can determine whether you cause the crash, or was a victim and punish only the offender (don't think any sim can do this and it sucks big time when you not only get rear-ended, but also get penalized for it). Also, rack up to many penalties and you get sent to the shadow realm.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: May 26, 2020
  14. Lixma

Lixma Honorary QA

Ratings:
    +174 / 0 / -0
    Offline mode.

:neutral:

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. RampageRacing

RampageRacing Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +71 / 0 / -0
    I know it has been mentioned before but I want to add my voice to the others. One feature that I would love to see added in R3E is the ability to add AI to an online server so my brother or a friend or two could race together against a full field of AI. It would help fill up some of those empty servers with friends that want to race toether but do not want to ruin some "Pro's" race by getting in their way.

I have recently introduced my brother, who lives 900+ miles away to Raceroom. He built a sim rig, a computer and bought a wheel and pedal set. I set up a dedicated server so we could lap together but it would be great fun if he, my son (who alos lives 900 miles away from me) and I could all race against the AI and each other. I will wish upon a star!

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  16. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    Me again with "seat tilt" for triples working.

17. TobiSp1981

TobiSp1981 New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Hmmmm...

18. Aurigarius

Aurigarius Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    I wonder why noone came up with these so far:

- In Multiplayer-practice keep the names and times in the list after someone leaves the server.
    (We often have trackday-servers and it's sad not to know which times were archieved by others before)

- If you rejoin after a disconnect in qualifying you've lost your times. Times should be where they were before a disconnect.
    Should be possible if player joins with the same IP-address.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Lixma

Lixma Honorary QA

Ratings:
    +174 / 0 / -0
    Moveable mirrors.

Using the virtual mirror is always a compromise between realism, aesthetics and utility, so how about the ability to adjust the position of the in-car mirrors? (It wouldn't cover every single seating or FOV preference, obviously)

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    We can't even get the camera/helmet tilt option working for triple screen users so I wouldn't hold your breath for a feature that isn't game breaking like the tilt option! Nice idea though.

• Dislike Dislike x 1