Worst car in RaceRoom?

Discussion in 'Knowledge Base' started by Aurigarius, May 31, 2020.

1. Aurigarius

Aurigarius Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    I love testing different cars on different tracks...even the less popular ones. But now I have found the worst car in Raceroom...it is....drumroll....the Chevrolet Dekon Monza! Tadaaaa. :D

This car doesn't want to turn in at all, even if you slow down to bicycle-speed...and you even have a hard time keeping it on the road in a straight line. :eek:
    I investigated about this thing and found that it has no significant track record IRL and didn't even compete in a group 5 sanctioned race...so I am very curious why this thingy made it into the game at all :mask: (maybe the developers can tell us)

What is YOUR worst car of the game? Like to hear your proposals...and remember not to take it all too serious...it is a great fun sim after all! :grinning:

• Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Olaf Hülse

Olaf Hülse Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +505 / 0 / -0
    Why the Dekon? It's just the Greenwoods lil brother. The Dekon raced in IMSA events, as did the Fabcar.
    Greetings

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    Of what I own, Greenwood.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. augustkekule

augustkekule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    At least the Dekon Monza can be forced into turns with systematic use of trailbreaking , has some working brakes and it won´t kill you at the slightest misktake , compared to the Greenwood Corvette which doesn´t has any kind of stopping power, won´t turn in and is just totally overpowered but so much fun when driven after several beers so you can handle its behaviour:D

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. augustkekule

augustkekule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    The Dekon was actually very succesful, it won three IMSA championships in a row from 1976 to 1978.

• Like Like x 2
  6. geoffers

geoffers Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    Monzas raced quite successfully in Imsa events & one even raced at Le Mans in 76 & 78. Takes a bit of getting familiar with I agree, but currently one of my favourite cars in RaceRoom.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    What do you think about cars in German Nationals? When I first tried them I was extremely disappointed and haven't touched them since, but now I tried them once more and... while they are still not my cup of tea, I'd assume there are people who like drifting around corners and they might have some fun with these cars.

Also, it feels like it's not about the cars themselves, but the tires; maybe the Trackday compound is too slippery. I wonder what happens when (if?) these cars get updated tires.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    I can´t drift any cars I own in RRE right now, maybe the 4x4 Audis but that´s not drifting to the purists. I understand it is not the obective of the game but it seems like breaking traction is easy but being able to power slide is not as mostly the car will revolve around on itself. In races, I have seen people catch cars that step out but never anyone able to voluntarily drift through corners so it is probably a tyre thing. The NSU might be the closest to doing it but it doesn´t really have enough power to sustain a slide.

9. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    I can drift cars in R3E pretty fine, i'm not even good at drifting. Especially the Greenwood corvette, for example.
    Maybe it's down to the fact, that you're using a keyboard?

The margin of limit, in which the cars are slidable is definetly smaller, though, there i have to agree.

• Like Like x 1
  10. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    The G5's drift all day long, the Beemer with it's short wheelbase especially. Hillclimb beasts make a fair drifters, just with a tad of added snap of death.

11. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    There cars that are hard to drive, but you can still tame them with patience and setup.
    And then there are cars that are wrong by design. :D

Untitled-1.jpg

I hate them and I vote them all my "worst cars" in racing sims. :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. morsify

morsify Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    I've never actively learnt or done drifting, what is the easiest RRRE car to try some drifting in? Is it the Group 5 BMW you mention? Thanks

13. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +478 / 0 / -0
    try some dtm92 cars (adjust diff)

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2020
  14. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    Try German nationals. They are easy to start the slide and it doesn't happen fast and sudden, but instead slow and gradual.

15. Badgerous

Badgerous Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +223 / 0 / -0
    Booo. That thing has bags of character to get stuck into, and I love the way it farts its way around the circuit on lift-off. It's a real joy to use at Daytona.

I'm not sure what my 'worst' car is, but some I actively avoid would inlclude the Greenwood Corvette and The Zonda R.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2020
  16. ozcanuck55

ozcanuck55 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +145 / 0 / -0
    The Greenwood is hard to drive, but worth it for the noise!

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. BeefMcQueen

BeefMcQueen Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    I don't think there are any really bad cars. There's just a lot that might not suit you. But often it is because you don't spend enough time with such a car to change the approach and the line to get a better grasp of a understeering vehicle for example. In this sense you can even learn something from the "bad" vehicles instead of just always going the way of least resistance and concentrating only on the "good" ones. The personal taste is of course added. Personally, I prefer to drive anything that has an H-shifter, I am an old dog and just love these old cars.

On the subject of drifting: if you are willing to go for it, it works quite well with the DTM92 or the Group 5 cars. The 320T can draw nice trails throughout the whole bend... But the easiest way is with the Audi - even though not considered drifting by some due to its four-wheel-drive.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2020