[Physics Update] Tyres, force feedback, AI and general developments - 10/12/2019

Discussion in 'Car Information and physics updates' started by Alex Hodgkinson, Dec 10, 2019.

1. elcampero

elcampero New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the replys. Im trying this out and I give you guys some feedback. I feel some delay on the brake. For example when I hit the brake I must push the hole pedal to the ground to get some response on it. But breaks are not overheated. Do I something wrong? This is my first sim race game so sorry for the amount of questions.

2. R.Noctua

R.Noctua Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    I'm sorry, yesterday there was no way to discard (in my country this forum is blocked and VPN sometimes does not work). I will send everything after work.

Yes, there are differences between mine and the standard ones. At least, there is a problem with "road effects", which has not been solved yet - there was a post that now dev has taken it into watching.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2020
  3. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    Race cars have brake ducts to cool the brakes. In RaceRoom, it's almost impossible to make the brakes overheat, so you should brake as hard as you can.

4. memoNo1

memoNo1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    Not that one. But when they are hot, they block very quickly. The best example is the RSR 934. It is best to recalibrate the pedals using the TM software. Then calibrate again in the game. The braking sensitivity can also be adjusted to your taste in the game. just try until it fits. Such a Sim sometimes takes some time.

• Like Like x 1
  5. R.Noctua

R.Noctua Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    @elcampero
    I apologize for the long wait.

(TM profile - all 100)

You can try to change the vertical load, but in my opinion, it gives more "dirt" than benefit.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2020
  6. nolive721

nolive721 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +72 / 0 / -0
    can someone help me again with the TCpreset meaning in RRE? the higher you go in numbers 1 to 6, the more Engine cut you get or is it the other way around? I run the Game in Get real mode so do the TCpreset actually apply here?

7. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    You can just have a look at the car setup to be sure. I think the current standard is that preset one is the one with the most tc and preset 6 the one with the least (for gt3s its 100%, 80%, 60%, 40%, 20% and 0% for example). You can also change those values in the setup tho to better suit your needs. Say you feel like you need something between 0% and 20% and you dont wanna have to cycle to preset 6 all the time then you can simply set preset 1 to 10%.
    The tc presets apply when you have tc set to factory which should be the case in get real.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. nolive721

nolive721 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +72 / 0 / -0
    that was quick, thanks so much I am clear now.

• Like Like x 1
  9. zazadj

zazadj New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    hello, I have just been on raceroom, for the moment I too have a trhustmaster tmx, I will try the profile I found here, a question, is it possible that in the gt3 it is not possible to change the type of tire? as an option alone Hard, for the gears I think it's the same as on ACC, even there you can't change.

10. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    No, there's only one tire compound for the GT3 cars. Gear ratios are also fixed like in real life.

11. zazadj

zazadj New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the immediate reply, I arrive from the first Assetto Corsa, where practically everything could be changed. for the FFb if I have not read wrong, the developers suggest leaving the basic parameters in the settings and changing only the ffb multiplier, for each car right? I noticed at the beginning that the silhouettes are too understeer, unfortunately I am not very expert in trim, I try to adjust the parts little by little trying to decrease those behaviors that I don't like. I know that to be even faster you have to have a good set-up too, I will have to see if there is something for Raceroom for the gt3 from which to take inspiration.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. RampageRacing

RampageRacing Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +71 / 0 / -0
    Be careful when looking for set-ups for specific cars. There was a major physic change in December of 2019 and there have been some tire physics changes since then. Any set-ups that you may find here or on places such as RaceDepartment for R3E cars that were posted before December 2019 will most likely not work anymore. It seems like since then almost no one has been posting set-ups for cars with the new physics. Some say that the default set-ups are so good now that there is very little room for improvement. I, personally, find the GT3 cars in particular harder to drive and slower than they were last summer. I believe that some aspects of the tire models and car physics are being looked at right now so there is likely to be some more minor changes forthcoming.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Andy Sparrow MSC

Andy Sparrow MSC New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Did you know that Walter Röhrl was envolved in the development of this track? That's why it is so perfect.

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    Also funny, what happens, if Hermann Tilke actually is allowed to build a track with elevation changes, interesting corners and lots of feedback of drivers.^^

15. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    For protocol (confused another thread with this one)

Very nice improvement on behaviour at the edge, noticeable immediately, even with cold tyres.

Porsche GT3-R at Zolder is not losing it under downshifts or sliding at all, anymore, already in default setup. You get quite a bit more confidence! VERY WELL DONE! <3

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2020
  16. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Watched old Gamer Muscle trying out RR couple days ago, missed the beginning but it appears our Mr West had a go in a Radical (not sure which one) and announced it was undriveable due to the brakes, now I did try to point out to James that he could well have loaded an old setup but he was adamant that it was broken physics and nothing to do with setups.
    Being curious of this and knowing S3 never release a car that is undriveable (knowingly) I hopped in said Radicals, made sure default setup was loaded and went for a spin, now I did myself get some braking issue but that was solely down to the brake bias being very close to 50/50 think it was 51/49, whatever it was this locked the rears and made braking very difficult. I cannot believe that this was the only issue James was having and I do believe an old setup did load in error but trying to explain to a Brummie the old setup issue in RR was always going to be a tricky task and I failed (or he failed to comprehend). Maybe worth while someone revisiting the Radicals and checking that the default BB is in fact useable as if an old hand like the muscle struggles, newcomers will just stay clear. @Alex Hodgkinson

• Useful Useful x 1
  17. Wilko Jones

Wilko Jones Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    I watched that a couple of days ago, and I was scratching my head the whole time. I assumed he was doing something wrong with his set up too, because both the AER and the Judd do not have the types of problems he had when trail braking. I had no problems with braking in either of the cars, and I am an unskilled hack compared to Gamer Muscle.

18. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    The P2 class is on pretty old physics but they are very drivable. I noticed that he locks the brakes constantly in the f4 too. Perhaps hes just really crap at braking.

19. Beastux

Beastux Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +281 / 0 / -0
    There was a competition at RaceRoom Raceway Bridge with the Radical AER in january 2021 (in fixed setup mode) but I didn't notice any trouble with the brakes. Maybe should Mr West think about reducing a bit the brakes power ratio if they have a tendency to lock too easily or as ravey1981 wrote perhaps he is just really crap at braking. :p

20. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    It appears not my friend! ;) I found no problem with either Radical, in fact I found them a blast to drive, light, nimble, responsive, fancy our Gamer Muscle must have had his lead dancing shoes on.

• Agree Agree x 2