Project Cars 3

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Badgerous, Jun 3, 2020.

1. Badgerous

Badgerous Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +223 / 0 / -0
    Here's the above vid in isolation.

Hands up who's increasingly confused as to what this game is, and who it's aimed at? If that vid was released instead of the 'glitzy' footage further above, then I'd be having very different thoughts/expectations right now.

I think a newer concern is that it's trying to be all things to all people, and that never works, regardless of genre.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. scotty_r56s

scotty_r56s Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Looks like Forza with VR support. I'd be in the market for that but no way in hell would I preorder. Going to wait this one out and maybe grab it at bargain bin prices in the Fall.

This also explains why all of Austin's PRC Trackside videos disappeared. When he started posting PRC stuff again I had a feeling it was just marketing...

3. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    I actually have nothing against a wellmade funracer, preferably more simcade than arcade. An NfS Hot Pusuit like title with decent physics/handling (see Wreckfest for example), cockpit view, tight FFB, no rubberband AI, satisfying damage model so that you can celebrate "virtually realistic" car chases instead of "Donky Kong" for cars - I would have loved it , who wouldn't ? But since the NfS Underground Series we just get non-evolving redundant off the rack stuff - not only by EA ;)...

Hey btw. what about a dark humored first official "Diesel-Scam-Simulator" Indy-Game ? :D.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2020
  4. Andy Kettler

Andy Kettler Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,107 / 0 / -0
  5. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    Drifters?

6. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    The guy says he made adjustments and upgrades for better drifting so I guess it's not really drift-friendly out of the box.

My impression is they are trying to fill the void between arcade NFS games and sims. For those who like racing but aren't big enough fans to jump through hoops to get into full-fledged simracing.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2020
  7. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    Fits in with how Comedasters operate. Also, why make yet another flavoured sim of Gt3 cars racing at Spa?

8. Winzarten

Winzarten Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    Because PCars 2 was anything but a GT3 Spa Simulator. PCars 2 has one of the best cars selection out of the box, spreading various eras, from road cars, to top end formulas. Also has very nice selection of historic tracks, like Historic Le-Mans, or Rouen Les Essarts. It allows you to do thing that other sims don't, like use real weather, or fill-up MP lobby with AI.

The only thing that PCars 2 lacks is proper FFB, meaningfull default car setups and ironing of few bugs. And this is what I was hoping for, especially after AMS2 showed that the madness engine is really a good sim engine.With little knowledge transfer from reiza to SMS, PCars 3 could easily be a great all-around sim. But considering Reiza is stepping outside of the South American "bubble", AMS2 will msot likely fill the void.

SMS has rather choosen to do a successor to Shift, which I don't mind (it's their decision after all). I can just state that I'm not the target audience and will most likely not buy it. I just wish people would stop blaming Codies for this. 6 months is very little time to make this kind genre shift. And considering how polished, and finished the game looks, with the "arcady" gameplay loops, it is fairly certain that it was developed as what we're seeing now.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2020
  9. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, it's a shame that they seem to give up on that route. Real weather was the sole reason I bought it (although haven't really played it yet).

But at the same time I don't think it'd hurt to have something like a GT Sport alternative on PC and the more info is released/leaked about the game the more intrigued I feel, personally.

10. nolive721

nolive721 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    I agree with the comment about FFB in PC2. I use Jack Spade tweak files and tune volume and tone by car where needed and its great.
    I hope such tweak will remain possible in PC3

I also agree that AI is not the best so lets see what they can deliver with this new title

11. RustyEb79

RustyEb79 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'll try anything twice

12. jt33396

jt33396 Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    I would be okay with pCARS3 being casual honestly, but I feel like SMS doesnt deserve the attention, and yearly titles just dont do it for me anymore.

If I get it at all, its when its under 30$

13. Badgerous

Badgerous Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +223 / 0 / -0
    I think I've settled on the same. Between RRE, Ams2, and more recent dabbles in both rfactor2 and iracing, (and ACC on the back-burner until hardware catches up) I don't need another sim-sim tbh. Something more casual when the price is right might even be welcomed.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Same for me. RRE, AMS2, PC2, ACC, AC and that is more than enough for me. No need for another sim atm :D

15. Racing Szycho

Racing Szycho Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Lol, pc3 has no tyre wear, fuel usage and no pitstops. And that bell(end) pukes on R3E??

“”Nick Pope: Principal Vehicle Handling Designer: So, for example, by removing tyre wear and fuel usage, we could in turn remove pitstops, which resulted in much closer and more consistent racing. Thus, the whole process of getting to the part that matters most—the actual racing and driving of these amazing cars and their upgrades—became a far easier and more streamlined affair. All these game design decisions have had great results in terms of the racing— with the tyres at their optimal range all the time and fuel at optimal load, there is no break in the action to stop for more fuel or new rubber. It’s pure racing action, and it’s just made Project CARS 3 into a much better racing-driver experience.””

https://www.projectcarsgame.com/three/news/developer-blog-1/

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Andy Kettler

Ratings:
    +1,107 / 0 / -0
    Over 2 years ago Ian Bell wrote on Twitter that Pcars3 will be a spiritual successor to the Shift games and thats exactly what it is. No one needs another sim there are already more than enough.

I always wanted to have a Shift game with good physics and the dream seems to come true :p

I wish Reiza would have done the same with the diff settings:

"There were 4 different kinds of differential (plus a spool that doesn’t allow for any differentiation), with at least 7-8 settings, and then all of that potentially for rear, centre, and front diffs separately, depending on how the car was set up. For Project CARS 3, we thought about what a driver would ask of their engineer: Preload, accel’ lock, decel’ lock, and done."

• Like Like x 3
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2020
  17. Andy Kettler

Ratings:
    +1,107 / 0 / -0
    As we know GT3 can drive for over an hour without refuel or tire change... And you can have great races without those features...

Most important for me is a great handling and that drift video from Austin O. just looked awesome and so much better then what i experienced in Pcars 2 when drifting.

And tbh i will not miss any of the pit stops, tire type, pressure ect bugs Pcars 2 has :p

#lessfiddlingjustracing

18. Andy Kettler

Ratings:
    +1,107 / 0 / -0
    "Please let me clarify. All the underlying simulation with our SETA tyre model exists - and has actually been adding upon with a 3rd layer. The difference with PC3 is - without Pitstops, the change in tyre compounds happens automatically. That doesn't mean you go from racing in a sunny environment to a wet environment and the car handles the same. Absolutely not. It just means you don't have to pit to put the wets on, therefore no break in the racing action. And from dry to wet you'll be able to feel the difference as always. That was the main reasoning behind the decision from the Game Design Team. And I understand guys, change is hard to embrace. But it's resulted in a better product. Our simmers who've worked on this title love it also. But if it's not for you it's not for you. All we can do is be open and transparent, show you guys the ins-and-outs of the game, and you guys as our community and consumers have the right to make your mind up yourselves if it's not the product for you."

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sh...-This-summer&p=1595875&viewfull=1#post1595875

19. Andy Kettler

Ratings:
    +1,107 / 0 / -0
  20. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    I hope it also has a good triple screen support like we see in Pcars 2.