FFB Problems Thrustmaster T500rs

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by akadawa, Mar 8, 2020.

1. zazadj

zazadj New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well thanks for the help, advise if it will be corrected in a new update.

2. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Confirmed that the tmx was not changed as we were not aware of issues on that wheelbase.....

• Like Like x 1
  3. zazadj

zazadj New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    ok, however with the change there should be no problem for the moment

4. zazadj

zazadj New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ravery, a tip, these are the basic settings on my TMx that from RRE, possible that it gives me a value of 125. what do you recommend as a setting? usually I keep the understeer at ten, and the slip effects, engine change and collisions are not very high. here I haven't changed anything yet, I'll show you again what gives me basic, what would you change? all 100% trhusmaster panel except the dumper at 10, I don't like the steering wheel too hard when stationary.

Attached Files:

5. netodopirucho

netodopirucho New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    good afternoon;

i have the same problem on a ts-xw, i try to access the file but i can't open it ...
    Could you provide me with information about which program should I do it?
    thank you very much

6. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Notepad

7. Kayak83

Kayak83 Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    T300 here and still getting this bug after flat spots and sometimes off track (or maybe I just usually end up off track after flat spots....haha). I thought it was patched recently?

8. BeefMcQueen

BeefMcQueen Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    The changes were made in all default profiles of all Thrustmaster wheels. As long as you continue to use your current profile in the game, the bug will continue to occur. You now have 2 options: either you edit the two flatspot lines in your rcs file yourself (nothing else was done in the default profiles) or you select the default profile for the T300 from the list. Of course, you would then have to make your button assignments and other adjustments again. It would also be very nice if you could mention your configuration in this thread here, that would help us to narrow down the actual problem with the flatspots.
    https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/thrustmaster-wheel-data-gathering.15930/

Oli

9. Kayak83

Kayak83 Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    This is on a new install on a different PC so the profile was created fresh somewhat recently. I'll go ahead and remove the flatspot lines from the rcs file in the meantime.

10. Lemmy

Lemmy Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Hi fellow simmers!
    I'm in desperate need of help from you guys! I have a very odd and random problem with FFB in play with Raceroom.

Sometimes, for no apparent reason at all and without warning, my wheel can suddenly choose to go hay-wild and decide to go rampage by setting my FFB to full blow on all parameters (feels like it at least) and the wheel gets completely uncontrollable and I can hardly turn the car or even drive in a straight line due to the extreme forces of the wheel and crazy shaking and oscillations before finding myself upside down in a wall or something worse, like piling up a scrapyard of spun and crashed cars at the first corner due to me and this phenomena in less than 10 sec of driving!
    This can ruin any mp race for anyone that happens to be on the same track as me, and I have to abort asap to stop me from ramming everyone in the field, then go back to FFB settings, change the FFB overall strength by any number (could be from 50 to 49, or 50 to 51, 50-60: it makes the problem go away with whatever change in numbers I make) and when I get back in game again everything is back to normal! This has trashed a number of races for me as I have to "rage quit" instantly if it happens in a ranked multiplayer race session, and except from the obvious annoyance to have to quit, I also loose a lot of rep and rating points. It's very frustrating to say the least...

When it happens, it's always when the session change state, so it gets mad directly from start of next session, or the very first session I join for that matter, may it just be practice or whatever. And if it happens going into a race session I have no chance of knowing until green lights. There is no pattern when this can happen what so ever! It's been this way at least since the December 2020 update I believe, but I can't really say it being an effect of the update as I'm not exactly sure when this all started. At first I thought it was just a temporary glitch, but turned out I was wrong...

I use TM t300 wheel, but as I have two of them and they both suffer the same problem, I can almost by certain rule out that it's a faulty wheel that causes this crappy behaviour. They also have a few years in between in manufacturing dates (so not from same batch) which I believe supports my analysis that it's not faulty wheels that is causing the problem. However, they do all have the latest and the same FW installed, but I still haven't seen any reports of that to be a problem as far as I've tried to read up. So in short, I'm now convinced it must be a strange and rare (and surprisingly random) bug in the game itself or my instalment.

If I would take a guess on average frequency of this happening I would estimate almost once every time I go for a session for like an hour or so. Sometimes it can happen several times during a couple of hours driving as well as directly from start up. It can happen in practice/qualy/race with any car or track in both single and multiplayer sessions, doesn't distinguish anything, and I can't find any pattern to narrow down what actually causes this deadly state of emergency. It's as random as it gets...

I really hope someone can shed some light on this horrifying problem I have? Any ideas whatever they may be are more than welcome, so please feel free to think out loud!
    I would highly appreciate that because this is driving me to insanity, as if it wasn't bad enough before already... ;)

Thank you

Last edited: May 9, 2021
  11. Peter Koch

Peter Koch Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +191 / 0 / -0
  12. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
  13. Lemmy

Lemmy Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the replies!
    @Maskerader I've read about the the Flatspot issues, yes. I checked the file and it's set to 0.0, so not that unfortunately. Would have been an easy fix if so! :)

@Peter Koch I've searched that thread too, but nothing there seemed to identify my problem. Did you see anything there that I may have missed?

Last edited: May 8, 2021
  14. BeefMcQueen

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    The fact that both of your T300 show that behaviour, makes me think that it could be related to your current controller profile (provided that you're using the same profile for both wheels) have you already tried creating a completely fresh profile for the wheel? Also make sure to have all values in TM control panel at default, just to rule out strange values here. Another value that's known for causing issues in some rare cases, is the collision effect. Not sure to what value it's set in the T300's default profile, but better lower that down to zero, just to be sure.

Oli

• Like Like x 1
  15. Peter Koch

Peter Koch Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +191 / 0 / -0
    Also turn off collision effect and steering rack

• Like Like x 1
  16. ⅀ℕiↅϻΔ

⅀ℕiↅϻΔ Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Hey there!!
    I dont know if it will help you as im using as bigger wheel Sparco 383 (2kg) but here are my settings that works great for my
    T 500RS
    T500 driver all 100%
    Ingame Settings:
    FF force 100%
    FF: Spring 0%
    FF: Dampfer 25-30% for drifting go above 40%

Steer-Effect:
    Steering forcet: 60-65%
    FFB Minimal force 0%
    Untersteer 20% to high and you do not have propper controll about front tires and peak point befor they lose grip.
    Also it gets too lose to controlle the car if going behind peak point of tire grip.
    Vertical Force 65%

Lateral Force 80%
    Steering rack 40% but depends on Car (old/newer Cars powersteering)
    I do not use any fake effects like slip,curb,shift etc. as it is all there on the track.
    I have shifting effect on ZAKspeed for example but its turned OFF.
    My Pedal settings 3Tpa Pro with Loadcell:
    Throttle sence input 2 or 0%
    Deadzone 15% 1992 DTM and 27% for Group 5 ZAKspeed
    After they added the new pedal i can NOT controll a car like in real.If im going above 30% input and the car spins up till limiter.
    At 50% input i can drive the car close to normal as the other 50% of the pedal is useless to me.
    For example hold the car at 120km/h in a long corner it always starts spinning as the car accelerates even with 30% throttle input.
    Befor anybody ask WHY 27% Deadzone: Go on track and take a look when your throttle starts reacting to input.
    Hope it will help you inprove
    Have Fun
    Greating
    Enigma aka DocCannonball

• Like Like x 1
  17. Lemmy

Lemmy Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    @BeefMcQueen Good point! I haven't tried to make a fresh controller profile, so that sounds like a reasonable thing to do. Will reinstall TM driver to get the default values back for those settings and try if it changes anything. As you now mention the collision effect I recall I have that set quite high. Will give that a go and dial it down to zero as well. Thank you very much for your input!

@
    Peter Koch Will try your suggestions, thanks!

@⅀ℕiↅϻΔ Thanks for sharing your settings and the words of wisdom about understeer effects and all! I will definitely have a look at those proposals.

• Like Like x 1
  18. ⅀ℕiↅϻΔ

⅀ℕiↅϻΔ Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Who is driving with T500RS and damping ON with new FFB?
    After i set the damping to 0% the FFB now is realy good and the snappy and to hard oversteering also clipping is gone.
    Is there a recommendation for damping?

19. BeefMcQueen

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    Yes, 100% in TM control panel. Damping definitely is exclusively used when stationary and decreases as you go faster and the rolling tyre forces increase. This transition happens around 30 kmh.

Edit: if you meant the stationary friction slider in-game, that one only determines how much of the value in the control panel should be used for that stationary force.

Oli

Last edited: Aug 17, 2021
  20. ⅀ℕiↅϻΔ

⅀ℕiↅϻΔ Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the answere.
    But why i get heavy clipping with damping set to 100% and with 0% it is all good.I then get also better tire feeling....maybe the wheel is too old :p
    Edit:also tested 50% down to 0%

Last edited: Aug 17, 2021