New Features/ Options wishlist 2020-2021

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Turtle Power, Dec 16, 2019.

1. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    The thing that get me is that it can be done with a per car file adjustment and it works ! Its just a pain in the butt doing one car , starting game , going on track finding you need to go more or less , quite game make adjustment and go back to car and see if its now correct , if so move to the next car or possibly readjust the same car over and over till its right :( If R3E didnt take so long to load it wouldn't be as much of a hassle but even with R3E on my SSD it is still a minute or more just getting to track . Do this for every car is out of the question for someone who just wants to drive !
    My point was (lol) it should be fairly easy to make that file adjustment into a button press like any other mappable button .

2. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    If you're talking about camera files in Game\GameData\Cars, then you don't need to close and restart the game. Quit your racing session, make adjustments, start session again.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. 2ndLastJedi

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    Yeah ive been using this method . Great tip though thanks i will have to test it .

Attached Files:

4. Turtle Power

Turtle Power Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    The'tilt' feature will be very useful for F1 cars. For me personally, other cars are fine and dont need it. Also it would be handy for those who are aiming to achieve an unconventional cockpit view or far from realistic etc...

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2020
  5. 2ndLastJedi

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    That's not entirely true! I am trying to achieve as realistic a view as possible, my rig is in a great GT position, my screens centres are exactly in line with my eyes at 56 cm from my eyes and I have set all launch parameters exactly to measurements, yet in R3E I'm sitting way to high with my in game head above centre of the windscreen or to low with the in game dash visible and I need it behind my phone shin dash. Tilt is the only thing works in all other sims. I'm not sure how other people have it work right for them, I think they must have their screens not in line with their eyes or something.

• Like Like x 1
  6. 2ndLastJedi

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    Here is my view in ACC lining up perfectly and that is my phone dash hiding the ingame dash ;)

Attached Files:

7. 2ndLastJedi

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    FTFY

8. Turtle Power

Turtle Power Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    You could try experimenting with the launch options in Steam.
    B [verticalOffsetOfPlayerGazeFromMiddleScreenCenter].

Try different value. From memory, negative value is if your eyes are above centre of the screen. Try positive value that should put u in position of seating a bit lower. Not sure you could experiment with that and see how you go

9. Bauer

Bauer Active Member

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    I'd like suggesting one small detail. As I said in Discord, I think it would be useful to see in the lobby server, where they are multi-class servers, a number next to each car category indicating the quantity of vehicles used, something like:

Car classes: GTR3 (3), Group 5 (2), Touring Classics (4) ... and so on.

• Like Like x 1
  10. 2ndLastJedi

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    You can do that with mapped buttons! But i don't need that, my eyes are dead cenyer already but have tried adjusting "gaze from middle" with the buttons that actually do work in game :confused:

• Like Like x 1
  11. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    I think there's a way to at least make it easier. I noticed that if you load into Raceroom hillclimb and don't move from the starting line, there's a banner far away that is almost in the center of the screen. It can be used as a reference point.

Pick a car that you already set up as you like it, and load it into Raceroom hillclimb. Take a ruler (a physical one) and measure position of that banner, in centimeters/inches from the top (or the bottom) of your screen. Then take another car, one that wasn't set up yet, go to that track. Measure position of the banner again. Then set up the camera in that car as you'd usually do.

Now you have two numbers: how many degrees/radians you had to compensate and what was the difference between positions of the banner. For example, the banner was off of the ideal position by 8 centimeters and you ended up tilting the camera 5 degrees/0.0872665 radians*. Since these angles are small we can assume almost linear relation between angle values (degrees or radians) and distance values (centimeters or inches) just to make calculations more simple.

From now on the only thing you need to do for any car is take it to this track and measure position of the banner. This will be enough to calculate the angle and the numbers you need to put in the camera file. All the formulas can be put into an Excel or a google docs sheet so that you only put the distance in and get all the values you need.

And you also need to backup all the adjusted camera files. If devs change something on their end, your adjusted camera files would probably be overwritten.

-----
    * - If I understand correctly and you really only use sine and cosine values in the camera files, then you don't need to convert degrees to radians. Just calculate sine and cosine directly with degrees. Or radians. Whatever would be more convenient.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2020
  12. 2ndLastJedi

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    This is very clever ! I think you get the PewDiePie Big Brain award :D But still a lot of work on the user end for something that should just work :rolleyes: When / if i get bored with the other sims that work for me i think i will use your method as it does seem like a pretty guaranteed way of knowing just how much adjustment is needed . Until then i will just keep popping in here once every week or so and show my interest and hope for an update that makes this feature happen .

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. AlexBlob

AlexBlob Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +60 / 0 / -0
    It has been noted, just stuff sometimes takes more effort than most people think.

• Like Like x 1
  14. 2ndLastJedi

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    Massive 103.6KB update today :eek: I wonder if ........

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Its not done yet and it doesn't look like being done for a while....so don't get your hopes up. Sorry

16. 2ndLastJedi

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    ####... :( thanks for the update though.

17. Lixma

Lixma Honorary QA

Ratings:
    +174 / 0 / -0
    Some kind of warning that there will be a mandatory pit-stop during the race, perhaps in the 'session info', preferably in flashing red all-caps.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Skev

Skev Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    I think if I got:
    1) Manual cooldown lap in single player (aware it's being worked on and even working in single player)
    2) Mirrors that move when I move in VR
    3) Ability to disable HUD start lights
    4) Wet weather
    5) DX11 support
    6) AI in multiplayer

I'd be about as happy as I could be!

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2020
  19. fbiehne

fbiehne Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +110 / 0 / -0
    1) DX11
    2) DTM '95 (more company for the lonely Merc)
    3) more cars for Group C / GTP

• Like Like x 1
  20. Jukka Karppinen

Jukka Karppinen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +137 / 0 / -0
    If different weathers are not possible, would it be bad idea to have different seasons? I mean spring/summer/autumn for example. New "skins" to the tracks and couple of new sky textures to match seasons and there we could have different/refreshing new look to the game.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1