Problem Are you having trouble getting into Sepang?

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Nash Bobo, Jul 27, 2020.

1. Nash Bobo

Nash Bobo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    I have been trying to get into Sepang since Noon EST Friday. Nothing but white dots laughing (flashing) at me on the splash screen. Can't get into Leaderboards, Leaderboard Challenge, AI, Practice, Multiplayer ect. Nothing. Anybody else having trouble with Sepang? Is it just me? Let me know who to talk to.

"Nash"

2. Bavarian_Firebird

Bavarian_Firebird Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Hi, I checked it a couple of minutes before. No problems on Sepang Grand Prix with GT Masters cars. What class and layout did you try?

3. Nash Bobo

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    I have tried all the layouts of Sepang with FRJ & Silhouette cars. As of Noon EST. (4: post meridiem Greenwich) I still could not get in. All the other tracks run fine. I live in Northeastern part of South Carolina, USA. Out of 10,000 members around the world only one person would send me a note that they could or could not get into Sepang. Please, need your help. Trying to find out is it me or RRE or something in between.

Thanks Bavarian

"Nash"

Last edited: Jul 28, 2020
  4. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    I just tried and didnt have any problems

5. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    Maybe something's wrong with the game files? Right click on RaceRoom in Steam, then Properties - Local files - Verify integrity of game files. That'll take quite some time. The files that don't pass the check will be automatically re-downloaded.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2020
  6. Nash Bobo

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Thanks to all that responded to my cry.

I am leaning to the fact that something is wrong with my folders & files. Or my account at RRE. I would like people to put there thinking cap on to help me. Is there any way that there is something that controls the tracks in documents? Who do I contact at support at RRE? Maybe something is blocked on my account at RRE's end. Keep the ideas, advice, & points of view coming. Has anyone heard of someone being blocked out of just one of the free tracks or cars and the others worked fine?

Maskerader, That's were I am headed. I will let you know.

Thanks

"Nash"

7. Nash Bobo

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    valdated1.jpg

Got this back from Steam. As of 6:30 PM Greenwich I still can not get in to Sepang.

What next!

"Nash"

Last edited: Jul 30, 2020
  8. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    How long did you wait for it to load? Maybe it takes some several minutes to load for whatever reason? But anyway this sounds really strange, you should ask devs to look into this.

9. Bavarian_Firebird

Bavarian_Firebird Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    What should devs do if its a local problem? Did you delete the grafic_options.xml from your MyGames-folder? Maybe there is some weired grafic setting that kills your Sepang session. Can you post a screenshot of the error?
    I will check with your car class as soon as Im on the simulator. Maybe I can reproduce the error.

Edit 15:27: I checked with Siluette Cars on Sepang. No probs at all. Maybe a corrupt content file. You can force Steam to do a partial download by deleting the folder with the content files.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2020
  10. Nash Bobo

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Maskerader, Loading? If you mean how long I wait for the flashing white dots on a splash screen, it's about 5 min's. I feel it will not let me in to start a session or join a race etc. I complained about I could not get into Moscow speedway leaderboards last month, I never did get in. What is devs? I do not know a lot of Internet slang etc.

Bavarian_Firebird, Maskerader taught me how to delete the "graphic option" in documents a couple of weeks ago on me trying to get my computer into Fullscreen. RRE will not even let me in to start a session with Sepang. I can not get past flashing white dots on the splash screen. Maybe something is wrong that RRE has me block out, but I do not know. Right how I only have the free cars and tracks. I am hoping you guys can help me because my only option that I know of is to delete my software and start all over again, but that is 28 hours of download time from Steam. Plus I wouldn't learn anything. Maskerader taught me how to run the integrity check in Steam Wednesday. I run it twice. Short story long. I run it the first time (about 45 mins) and the integrity check said 5 files were corrupted and it would replace them. After steam replace them, I rerun the integrity check a second time and it stated "all files were validated." Wednesday. I tired Sepang, but nothing Wednesday.

I just tried Judd, Silhouette & a Saleen S7R at all layouts of Sepang. I let the flashing white dots go for 3 whole mins each time before I backed out of practice and leaderboards of Sepang. I was hoping something had changed. But nothing.

I hope this gives you and others some ideas to try.

"Nash"

11. TobiSp1981

TobiSp1981 New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I have no problems with Sepang:)

12. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    Devs - short for "developers".

What do you mean? Sepang is not a free track, do you own it too? If not, how are you trying to get in?

And how long does it take to load into Raceroom circuit or Portimao? Or, for example, Paul Ricard that is in free competitions now?

What's your PC specs? CPU model, GPU model, amount of RAM.

13. Nash Bobo

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    I went back and run the integrity check a third time at about 1:00am Greenwich. It came back at about 1:30am with this.
    valadation 3-1.jpg
    It took 3 and a half hours to replace the files. Rebooted the computer. Then went to try to get into Sepang and I got in. I tried all 3 layouts and it worked fine with different cars. Went back and did the integrity check a four time and it gave me this.
    Valadatetion4-1.jpg

Maybe you have to run the integrity check more than once (integrity check, reboot, integrity check, reboot, etc.) over a couple of days. I can not explain why it told me 5 files failed and replaces them and give me "all files were successfully validated" Wednesday and then tells me Friday morning that 30 files failed. Any one got any ideas why?
    System1.jpg
    Maskerader, Sepang is one of the free tracks. Other tracks take about 15 to 30 sec's to get in. Sepang took about 15 to 30 sec's to get in after I went back to the integrity check the third time and it replaced the 30 files.

Thanks all

"Nash"

14. Bavarian_Firebird

Bavarian_Firebird Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    reboot is not necessary for integrity checks. games dont run tasks while not started. Redist-packages like DirectX or .Net are not part of the integrity check. To force an partitial download you can can delete navigate to GameData\Locations\Tracks at your game folder and delete the sepang folder there. Then run an integrity check again. The folder will be regenerated and its content downloaded. That works basically with any file in any steam game.
    If your integrity check generates such problems you may should check also the integrity of your file system and the okness of your harddrive.
    But as I understand after your 30 file check and download Sepang is driveable again. So problem solved?

15. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    When everything's working as intended, I don't think you don't need to run the integrity check more than once or do it on a regular basis. If your gamefiles are getting corrupted, then it's probably either a virus/malware problem or a hard disk problem. Since both of these types of problems are more than just one game not working properly, I really advise you to check it and make sure your PC is fine.

Oh, I didn't know that. For some reasons it's not marked as free when I look in the store.

16. Nash Bobo

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Maskerader, again thanks for all your help. It's people like you that keep us in the game.

"Nash"

• Like Like x 1