rFactor 2

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Mihai, Sep 16, 2016.

1. memoNo1

memoNo1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
  2. memoNo1

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
  3. memoNo1

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
  4. nolive721

nolive721 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    I finally opted in the beta to test the new UI. its not good honestly it takes 1 to 2mins to reach the track and need use of mouse. With the other sims i own i can use my wheel dpad to navigate in the menu and after a couple of confirmed push i am on the track. PC2, ACC and AMS2 are great for that, RRE is OK and AC with Content Manager needs miuse but much easier than Rfactor2 to launch.

On the positive side it seems in this version that FWD cars feel better to drive but still nowhere near the quality of RRE

Last edited: Jul 25, 2020
  5. Badgerous

Badgerous Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +223 / 0 / -0
  6. Mihai

Mihai Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +98 / 0 / -0
    S397 released the july roadmap update. Long time since i drove those stock cars and now it's time to fire them up. Also have to take a look at Loch Drummond but, in all honesty, Toban would have been my choice to "resurface". And ffs give us that Ferrari gt3 already.

7. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    Could someone explain, how I can install those cars and drive in an Oval?

8. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    Search for the stock car and an oval track (like Indianapolis for example) in the steam workshop.^^ Press subscribe and it will install the content automatically. You can switch the configuration of the stock car for oval or road course in the showroom.

9. Mihai

Mihai Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +98 / 0 / -0
    If Rf2 is installed the cars should be there already, no need to search the workshop for it.

10. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    Sometimes, rF2 hickups with the workshop system and some content is missing, you have to resubscribe then. It's not wrong to know how to add workshop items, it's basically the content management system of rF2! :D

11. nolive721

nolive721 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    I agree with above.their system is sometimes clunky

By the way do people here know how to edit ffb parameters other than in game? There are few cars where I get this vague center wheel feeling that I would like to tighten up so was thinking might be some ffb file hidden somewhere in the game install but can't find it

Thanks so much

12. Badgerous

Ratings:
    +223 / 0 / -0
    Some good stuff in the update.. The revised sales thing was cool too - I grabbed the Aston Martin GTE (and Senna) for a silly £2.74 to complete the field.

13. Badgerous

Ratings:
    +223 / 0 / -0
    Having spent a few hours with it last night, that two-car pack is well worth the current £2.74 if you've not already got it.

14. Dennis

Dennis Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    That Senna is crazy fast isn't it!

I'm not a big oval guy, but they did a really nice job with the new stock car. Great feeling/handling. Problem is trying to find an oval where the AI race anywhere close to oval reality. Anyone find one?

15. memoNo1

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0

• Like Like x 1
  16. memoNo1

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0

• Like Like x 1
  17. memoNo1

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
  18. Badgerous

Ratings:
    +223 / 0 / -0
  19. Badgerous

Ratings:
    +223 / 0 / -0
    I had a quick play with the GT3 physics/BoP update over lunch. I don't know if my wheel profile just isn't set up properly or something, but I just didn't get along with what I tried - They mostly just felt a bit 'mushy', and while the AMG no longer just clips to zero FFB in the corners, it's still so ridiculously light I have no idea what's going on with the car. They all still feel so different to the mostly excellent GTE class.

At every point I was comparing to what we have here, and to me at least, RRE is just better in all areas.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Mihai

Mihai Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +98 / 0 / -0
    S397 just released their september roadmap update and, at long last, the Ferrari GT3. Nordschleife to receive updated shaders but I want to find more about what the new licenses are about.