Fanatec CSL Elite Pedals - Problem / Bug

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Nuno Abreu, Jul 26, 2020.

1. Nuno Abreu

Nuno Abreu New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hey guys,
    Can someone help me with this please?

I'm having some trouble with my pedals,
    When i press the throttle until 30% it doesnt accelerate, only desacelerates slower, check video bellow, pls

I dont know for how long it has been like that, but i noticed more recently, especially with the Tatuus F4 and last year with the WTCR 2019.
    I have the default setting at the Pedals proprety page and in game 50% sensitivity and no deadzones

Thx in advance

2. Alex

Alex Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -0
    Have you tried this with a default controller profile?
    I had some problems like that some time ago, don't quite remember what I did to fix it, but I think I reset my controller profile to the default one.

Also, in Fanatec drivers, do you have auto-calibration enabled or manual mode?

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    I don't think this is pedal specific....it also happens with my Heusinkvelds. I have asked the devs to confirm whether this is expected throttle behaviour or not.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Nuno Abreu

Nuno Abreu New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I did, yeah, but havent tried with the auto-calibration, ill check that

Thank you

• Like Like x 1
  5. Nuno Abreu

Nuno Abreu New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I hope its not a "game feature"

6. Lixma

Lixma Honorary QA

Ratings:
    +174 / 0 / -0
    I had similar trouble a few weeks ago. RaceRoom was only registering 50% of my accelerator pedal's travel. Tried uninstalling, plugging - un-plugging etc etc. I even dismantled my pedals to manually re-calibrate the cogs on the potentiometers.

I made a video to show the problem.

HOWEVER - I fixed it by backing up my Setups folder then deleting my entire UserData folder (C:\Users\*your-name*\Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience) and letting RaceRoom rebuild all the control stuff from scratch.

It was a pain to re-assign everything, and if I was doing it again I'd probably just try deleting only the ControlSet folder, but it worked and it's been fine ever since.

I've no clue as to what caused the trouble to begin with though.

7. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    This isn't the same issue though. That's just a calibration thing. The issue above is that even though the game registers the throttle input the car does not respond by accelerating.

• Informative Informative x 2
  8. Nuno Abreu

Nuno Abreu New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Thank you for the help

Yep, differente issue, tried it, didnt work, but thanks anyway

9. Alex

Alex Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -0
    Sorry, I had the same issue as @Lixma had and I thought the issues were the same, as I also have the CSL Elite pedals.

10. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    The throttle behaviour in general seems to be part of the way the game is coded right now. I've flagged it up as something to look into.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    Guys, what are the cars affected by that, and what are your throttle sensitivity settings? This issue is so strange, I want to look at it myself too.

12. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    It's a general thing across all cars. Related to the engine idle rpm apparently. Try any car, put it in first gear and gradually apply the gas. You will see that it doesn't really accelerate until about 40% on the input meter. Auto clutch may make it worse simse there is also some clutch blend and anti-stall going on but even with full manual gears it's still a thing. As I said, it's been noted and perhaps some improvements are possible.

Edit: I always use default sensitivity, 50%, which is linear. No need for any weird settings here as we don't have wet tracks to contend with.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1