Update warning?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GooseCreature, Jul 30, 2020.

1. Olaf Hülse

Olaf Hülse Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +505 / 0 / -0
    take a guess which date sector3studios will aim at ;)
    Greetings

2. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    It's always summer somewhere in the world...... Think about that one

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +478 / 0 / -0
    Its always summer in raceroom

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    Sorry, but I have to disagree... ;-)

When it's spring on the northern hemisphere, it's fall on the southern. At this time it's not summer anywhere. The same goes the other way around. You might argue that it's always warm or sunny around the equator, but that's exactly the reason why it's never summer there. Summer is defined by a follow up of certain seasons that just don't exist around there.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    No clue :D

"In Finland, Sweden, and Iceland the dates of the seasons are not based on the calendar at all, but on temperatures".

6. Lixma

Lixma Honorary QA

Ratings:
    +174 / 0 / -0
    I've checked with my legal team and unless we get DTM by 21st September we can put the devs in jail.

I admit that might sound counter-productive but THE LAW IS THE LAW.

• Funny Funny x 5
  7. Turtle Power

Turtle Power Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    ..and it goes on and on :D......

This is what I like about raceroom community. Mostly warm jokes cuz its summer...somewhere on the planet

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    I just hope that the fps on my PC gets increased with the next update, have entered the British GP comp but if things don't improve I will have to forfeit my spot. Wish I could nail down the issue but it's so random that I'm not so sure I can, 170fps one day, 30fps the next, makes no rational sense. ACC, rF2 & AMS2, no change from one day to the next. Really pissed off that I don't get to use all that content but 30fps in RR on an i7 & GTX1080 is just crap. I've uninstalled and reinstalled both the game and video drivers but sod all changes, nothing changes if I go from best to worst graphical settings. I know full well I can run the soddin' game well into the high 100fps, yet it won't, only on a rare occasion, mostly the low 30fps. As the other Sims I use don't suffer this drastic drop in fps, I have to hold RR accountable, always happens around either a Windows or nVidia update, so bloody all the time, unplayable. Disappointing to say the least, worst graphics and worst fps out of all the Sims I own.

9. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    No problems here. Latest windows and Nvidia updates.

• Agree Agree x 5
  10. Fleskebacon

Fleskebacon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +258 / 0 / -0
    Do not forget about Norway. Here we often say that summer was nice last year, even if it was on a wednesday.

@Arthur Spooner Are you saying it's actually never summer around the equator? That's even worse than here.

11. Turtle Power

Turtle Power Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    On a serious note: Can we get an overview of what might be coming in the next update. Any new exciting features or perhaps something that has been requested by user/s?

• Agree Agree x 4
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2020
  12. GooseCreature

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Whoops, my mistake, 5 peeps don't get an issue, must be me I guess. Now if one of you 5 had the exact same hardware and software as I run, then but only then, would I take the blind bit of notice! :rolleyes:

13. Flintenwilly

Flintenwilly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +115 / 0 / -0
    1 Peep has fps 6 peeps none (counted me as nr6).
    Most likely devs will take care of the one special peep who has some issues. Especially the overwhelmingly high number of I7 and GTX 1080 users complaining here, bc this hardware is so uncommon these days. Oh wait...

Maybe, when time goes by, and the devs had dealt with problems of the one hardware user, they have time to develop some Features for the game:rolleyes:

14. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    I also have an I7 and GTX 1080 and i have always 60 fps with 2560 x 1440 resolution with almost everything at high.
    One exception, with full field of WTCR at Spa, the fps drop to 50/55 at some places like Eau Rouge/Raidillon combo.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    There are over a thousand users on RR each day. If there were any truly game breaking issues they would affect lots of people. A handful with isolated issues isn't the same. Given that it's impossible to know what settings you have on your GPU or even PC as a whole there's not a lot that the Devs can do. Issues that are repeatable and testable such as frame drops at certain points at certain tracks can be looked at as often there may be something that can be done (texture tweaks etc). To say that an update of windows/Nvidia whatever broke the game is false, because for the vast majority it's fine. If you have issues on your own system then the best you can do is investigate what's happening, what else is running, is something using CPU cycles, are your temperatures ok, is your power supply ok etc. Also, just because other games run fine....that also doesn't make it RR's fault.

• Agree Agree x 4
  16. MattStone

MattStone Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    I have an i7 and 1080ti and triple 1080p monitors and to get a steady 70+ fps I only turn off reflections and motion blur

@GooseCreature
    Sounds like you need to do a windows reinstall!
    The fact that it doesn’t do it all the time and just after a windows update doesn’t sound like an r3e problem

I was having a problem with bf4 a few years back
    Deleted my bf4 folder; didn’t change a thing
    Created a new windows user profile and it solved the issue
    So if you can’t be bother doing a fresh windows install; try just creating a new user profile

17. GooseCreature

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Did a fresh Win10 install recently as have been having these issues for a while, I also have fresh installs of all the Sims I use regularly and have wiped everything nVidia from my PC, before installing the latest WHQL driver and bang, for one time only, over 130fps, then next time back to 30, driving me mad as it doesn't do this for any other Sim.
    I've not bothered S3 about it as I seem to be one of only a handful of people having these particular problems, supposed to be partaking in the Silverstone Comp on Friday but if I can't eek out a few more fps I'll have to bail, 30fps is undriveable. This PC is used entirely for Sim racing, has no third party software or bloatware in any form, other than the couple apps I use for my racing it stays as a pretty clean setup. My only guess is hardware failure of some kind, as in something is breaking down or one of the Apps I use for RR is playing up but they've all been removed and replaced with latest versions, I dunno, at a loss, totally run out of ideas on this one.
    When this started it was after a Win update, trouble for a couple weeks, then it seemed to sort itself out. This was the format until about 6-7 months ago, nVidia update that nearly killed my whole system, rolled back and all was fine, bar RR and it has rarely worked right since. When rF2 runs better than RR I know there are problems and I'm getting a steady 70-80 fps in rF2, with everything pretty much maxed out, looks bloody gorgeous, by the way S3.

18. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Have you tried having activity monitor open while using raceroom to make sure nothing weird is also happening? It does seem a very odd thing to be happening, the only thing that separates RR from more modern software is being dx9 it runs on one CPU core. If that is maxing for any reason then you get FPS issues. Other than that make sure you don't have something accidentally turned on in the Nvidia settings, half rate vsync or similar.... If you can test with another power supply that would be good, a dodgy psu can cause all kinds of bizarre issues. The fact that your clean installs don't help hint towards some underlying problem. Good luck.

19. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    I just realised it sounds suspiciosly similar to a recent issue with Test Drive Unlimited 2. Your FPS might drop to 20-30 regardless of your hardware when your microphone is on. I have no clue how it might be connected, but turning off/muting the mic helped a few people.

Can there be one similarly bizzare connection for Raceroom as well? Something that you'd never suspect or think of as a third party/bloatware.

20. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    In terms of FPS RR still runs better than rF2 on my system Goose (means plus 100 FPS at peak, even with a truckload of AI running), and I also never ever had those issues like you describe m8 (Ryzen 7 3700X, GTX 1060, 1080p@144hz, 32GB Ram - even before that with a R5 1600X it was still satisfying) -just for the record - and I also use it for gaming and occasional audio stuff exclusively.
    But I have to agree that after I dive more and more into rF2 and ACC, that it's high time S3 comes up with a solution regarding their outdated DX9 Engine no matter how smooth RR runs on my system. The Gap to rf2 and ACC is increasing in this regard and once you've tasted that "gorgeous look (and features)" you start to hesitate to go back....and make no mistake: I own almost everything RR has to offer, gladly ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2020