Released Volkswagen ID.R Time Attack Challenge

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by J-F Chardon, Apr 24, 2019.

1. fufsgfen

fufsgfen Active Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    I did notice that I can drive completely off the track, then return and if I made new personal best, time is accepted as there is no lap invalid message happening if exiting track, only on few places I seem to get invalid lap by exiting track.

Also noticed that I can hit walls most of the time without lap becoming invalid.

Then I had to improve time more so that I get lap without visiting the grass as it would be cheating otherwise, so I took some 18 seconds off from my time :D

I'm still 16 seconds slower than fastest ones, just can't understand where to make up so much time, compared to real video bit above, I can see there are turns which I drive top speed without lifting off, where in real world run Dumas eases off and goes only 220-230kph.
    I suspect my track has few more meters :p

If I could make 2 seconds improvement, then I would be quite happy, could easily come from few mistakes I still made on my lap. Quite happy already with current improvement, not every day it is that I can drive such fast vehicle and have position in fastest 10%

2. benoityip

benoityip Active Member

Ratings:
    +32 / 0 / -0
    I am hoping there is a auto save replay feature, so we can visually inspect whether they have been cheating.
    I did not try to push to the very top, riding too many kerbs and hitting barriers to get better time is not my style.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Robert Wiesenmüller

Robert Wiesenmüller Esports / Events

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    Here you can watch Moritz Löhner's lap + setup, which is pretty close to the best times overall.

What you can also do is challenge the ghost and enable race line. Then you can see exactly the lines of the other driver, and the colour of the ghost line changes depending on throttle/brake input.

Julian Kunze has won RaceRoom LAN events on equal hardware before. I have no reason to be suspicious whatsoever.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Michaelx99

Michaelx99 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hi, when will we get the details about the format of the final and the number of drivers that will qualify?

5. Robert Wiesenmüller

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
  6. Michaelx99

Michaelx99 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Thank you :)

7. agentFloley

agentFloley New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Any news of a release in the store?

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. totalgamertb21

totalgamertb21 Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    They would probably tell us if it's been released.

9. MattYKee

MattYKee Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    I wish this information was displayed ingame! Not just for the ID.R but for every car.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Robert Wiesenmüller

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    For all the hard hotlappers who compete at the front in the ID. R challenge - unfortunately I still do not have enough information about the final, but what I can tell you is a) there will be a final and b) we recommend that you finish in the top 10 if you certainly want to be a part of it (top 11 as long as our fast developer Mr. Jansen is still in there :p ).

• Like Like x 2
  11. Robert Wiesenmüller

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]

Final Showdown: Exactly 11,128 drivers participated in the Volkswagen ID.R challenge - but there can be only one winner!
    The 10 best drivers will compete in the ultimate challenge tonight, live at 18:00 GMT / 19:00 CET.

[​IMG]

A superpole session on the Nordschleife and the first two multiplayer races ever with the Volkswagen ID.R will determine the champion!

Watch it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJwMAQzx9Kc

• Love it! Love it! x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  12. totalgamertb21

totalgamertb21 Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    I assume that the car's coming to the store soon?

Last edited: Nov 10, 2019
  13. Olaf Hülse

Olaf Hülse Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +505 / 0 / -0
    If they race with updated physics and DRS, then I think so.
    If not, we'll wait until December ;)

Greetings

• Like Like x 1
  14. Olaf Hülse

Olaf Hülse Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +505 / 0 / -0
    Really enjoyed the stream today! Nice battles and, most impressive, some of the fastest 0-100kph starts I've ever seen in R3E. Also thanks to @J-F Chardon for the nice surprise ;)
    Greetings

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Robert Wiesenmüller

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Cheeseman

Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    Sorry to revive the thread. Is there a chance to have the IDR to be released in the store anytime in the future?

I really miss driving this car. The EV motors are so addictive, well-done S3 in simulating this car.

• Agree Agree x 5
  17. Suprsam7

Suprsam7 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Can we have any news on this? It was probably my favorite car ever in R3E. Can't wait to drive it again!

18. MattYKee

MattYKee Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    Agree its a really fun car to drive. A bit hard to overtake in because of how fast they accelerate.
    It might not have released because it needs more polish and they have too much on their plate right now? Im going with that as the reason anyway with all the rumors popping off lately of new licenses they've acquired.

Theres issues with AI performance (spinning out at hairpins and slow corners *Turn 2 Macau, Turn 1,2 and the hairpin in Sepang).
    A graphical glitch in the car. (Front tyres popping up through the bodywork in bumpy sections of tracks like Bathurst.)

Possible issue with tyre temperatures on some tracks. I remember in the early days the center tyre temps were stuck at blue while the sides were reaching red no matter what setup or driving adjustments i made at Macau.
    The batteries can only get about 8-16 minutes in the recovery gear depending on track and driving style.
    As far as i can tell theres no alternate driver names or liveries either. (Other than the ones we saw for the esport event. Blue and Black)

19. Cheeseman

Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    What are the rumored licenses that R3E going to acquire? Additional licenses with Ford for Ford GT LM and Sierra Group A? ADAC GT3 with Huracan and updated R8, AMG GT3 and so on? More classic DTM to expand the lonely Mercedes? DTM 2020? Or DTM Trophy with GT4s? Release of the ETCR?

20. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Last place to come for any information is the Forum, if you want to know owt about what may or may not be going on around here, you need to go grow a beard, put on your lumberjack check shirt and get yer arse over to the trendy RR Discord channel.
    All you'll find here is Brands Hatch jokes and old farts complaining about the lack of news!

• Funny Funny x 2