Question My Score Card

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Nash Bobo, Aug 1, 2020.

1. Nash Bobo

Nash Bobo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Wanting to know why my score card in not moving. The numbers in the (race stats-single race) are not moving. Why? Something's are moving on my profile but not in the "race stats" portion. I beat drivers about 4 or 5 races a day in leaderboards, but I am not getting credit for them. "Race Stats" have not moved in weeks. Why?

"Nash"

score card73120x.jpg

2. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    "Race stats" and "Points" show your results in races against AI, those you get when you select "Race weekend" or "Championship" in Single player. Leaderboard hotlaps do not count because it's a completely different game mode.

3. Nash Bobo

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    I have never raced or won in "AI". I only use "AI" and "multiplayer" to learn how/and test ideas to exploit RRE's computers. What is "race weekend? Never done that. Never have done Championship. I only push that black button in leaderboard. I only chase ghost cars. I only work with and own the free 9 cars and 16 layouts of 5 tracks in RRE. I got a "D" ranking for only racing leaderboards a couple of times in "Competitions" with free cars and tracks. It is giving me credit for the entries but not the wins. Got to be a lot more to this subject of my score card.

"Nash"

4. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    Sorry, it's called "Single event" in the game. If you never drove in this mode or in Championship mode, then all these sections ("Race stats - single race", "Race stats - championships", "Points") should be empty (like in your "Race stats - championships").

Maybe there's a confusion about terms? "AI" means "artificial intelligence"; this is how people call computer opponents in videogames. Although it's arguable whether it's technically correct to call them that, but anyway that's a decades old habit.

Simply removing computer opponents from a single event (i.e. starting with zero opponents) doesn't stop the game from assinging you victories, podiums and points. But if you want to just drive around a track without other opponents, there's a mode for that - Practice.

If you're talking about leaderboards, there are no "wins" there. Challenging another player in a leaderboard is simply a way to learn their racing line and compare your pace with theirs, nothing happens whether you've managed to beat their time or not. Your overall performance in Leaderboards should be reflected in "Leaderboards - Average position" line, but apparently it doesn't work.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2020
  5. Nash Bobo

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Maybe the swedes point of view of competition is different than mind. They turn the difficultly down to 80% and the opponents to zero and go around the track at 30 Kph for a win/championship in one lap. Competition is driver vs driver vs RRE rules, not AI as it is set up. Wins to me are leaderboard, hot laps, multiplayer, leagues, teams, races, etc. Championships are a series of races with the best average finish at the end of the year in my point of view. Driver vs Driver. Team vs Team. AI and practice are for learning and testing. Imagine what a football championship would be like turning down the difficultly to 80% with zero opponents with only one serve to win.

Anyone know the answer to my question in Otterhud, page 35 reply # 696?

Thanks for your help

"Nash"

6. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    If I'm not mistaken, developers even confirmed that this whole section needs a rework. It's not their view on competition, I suspect these are more like leftovers from some previous ideas, or are just there for people to be able to track some numbers if they want it.

7. Nash Bobo

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    I have to agree with you. "The game" is "the game" as given to us in it's form. We as outsiders do not have access to information that went in to development of the game in its present form. What I have learned from you is the only true standard of how good a person's skills are is "Ranking" A thru D in "Completions" and ranking in multiplayer as I know it. Not unless there is more to "ranking" than I know and understand. The game is the game, take it or leave it. Question, Is what I call "my score card" kept in my documents on my computer?

Thanks for helping me understand "The Game"

"Nash"

8. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    I don't know if there's a copy on your PC, but these stats are stored on Raceroom servers.

9. Nash Bobo

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Thanks

10. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Yeah forget about all that for now. It will be redone bigger and better at some point.

• Like Like x 1