Welcome to the Sector3 forums!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by KW Studios, Jan 22, 2015.

1. Dazzyd70

Dazzyd70 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hi folks – I’m incredibly late to the party. My name is Darryl and I’m writing the APIs so you can mop the floors – I’m a software developer…o_O

Downloaded in December 2019 when the content was free, played it a bit more recently and dipped my toe into the store at the weekend – registering with the forum and purchasing the starter pack.

Still finding my way around the forum just now.

• Like Like x 1
  2. P.Nos71

P.Nos71 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi, guys!
    I'm italian, near Eolian Island.
    I like too much play on RR.

I use this nick "Peppe IL BARBARO"

3. P.Nos71

P.Nos71 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    hi, guys , now I'm Peppe olnnin - orrible, but isnt my choice

4. RustyEb79

RustyEb79 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Learning the hard way

5. LT34

LT34 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Salut
    Je m appelle Thierry je vient de France.

6. Mikki Disco

Mikki Disco New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Hello,my name is Carl,I live in the UK and I'm new to sim racing.Be gentle with me,please!

7. stephen_lloyd1969

stephen_lloyd1969 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Hello Everyone... being a recent convert from console to PC, got to say i'm blown away by raceroom. The adaptive AI is awesome. Not tried multiplayer yet as i want to improve my skills enough to be able to compete.

• Like Like x 3
  8. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Hi Steve. Welcome to raceroom, you will not be disappointed! You know me from cycling (David Faraday). Any questions just give me a shout.

9. stephen_lloyd1969

stephen_lloyd1969 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Hey there David.... best thing i ever did was ditching the playstation haha

10. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Definitely. Once you have found your feet have a look at the ranked multiplayer servers. The goal is eventually we build a system where players are matched with others of a similar ability. Good things coming in the future. Enjoy.

11. Coanda

Coanda Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    G'Day there...

Finally getting around to giving RR a crack.. First impressions are very good and I like the P2 class.. A lot of attention to detail and well thought out options which I like.. I normally race AC, ACC, AMS2..

see you out there.. :cool:

12. Hervé45

Hervé45 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    Porsche Cup is great

13. claude marty

claude marty New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    hi me it's claude to soon on the track

• Like Like x 1
  14. DennisF89

DennisF89 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hi, I'm Dennis and I've been having some great fun on the ranked server recently!
    I'm also writing a small tool for Raceroom, but more in another thread :)

• Like Like x 1
  15. mikenshell10

mikenshell10 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Evening every one I'm mike lloyd, have been trawling the rookie multiplayer on race room for about a fortnight. Looking for great clean racing. I'm not the quickest but I think I'm pretty clean and fair. I use G920 and love the WTCC cars. Nice to be in the forum

• Like Like x 1
  16. Simon Watton

Simon Watton Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Hey all. Started playing a lot more recently since rediscovering i had bought the full pack. Looking forward to getting some multiplayer racing in and improving that rating as cleanly as possible :)

Its been great reading about all the setups you all have. Really need to get myself away from my Thrustmaster TMX , considering its the only original piece of SIM Racing hardware I own it lets the rest of my system down.

17. aradiralami

aradiralami New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hi everyone my name is arad ralami, Recently I've started playing your pack, It was so fun, when I searched about the Sector3 Studios I found your community, so I decided to register, my other hobbies are watching anime and movies, so I hope we have a great time with each other here.
    Sorry if I have any mistake in my grammar, English is my second language.

• Like Like x 1
  18. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +479 / 0 / -0
    make sure to join raceroom discord aswell, its where most activity happens :D

19. redriot77

redriot77 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Hi everyone!
    Finally I made the move and gave Raceroom a try. And what a surprise! I play with an Xbox gamepad and driving haven't been this satisfying so far in other sims. Some games had slightly sluggish controls, especially at low speeds (Forza 7, F1 2019). Others are the opposite, way too twitchy and over-sensitive, like AC and PC2.
    I tried the '92 DTM Mercedes, the Porsche 964 and a couple of GT4 cars so far and its really enjoyable even with gamepad. When I first managed to line up three following right hand corners into one nice continuous curve at Brands Hatch, that was such a great feeling that I felt long time ago in racing sims. I enjoy that I can hit those apexes more precisely and point the car to where I want - more or less. :)
    I also like the tire physics: the cars has proper grip and - at least in the slower classes what I drive usually. The range between full grip and spinning out is managable. I never liked the over-slippery physics in iRacing (I played it with a wheel, ages ago.) In Raceroom there is enough grip to gain some confidence in the car and not all your concentration is used by simply keeping it on the track.
    And finally: the AI. Never had so close and intense AI races in any other game. They know how to race close, can launch surprise attacks if you left the door open and they keep pushing into the gap as long as possible.

Anyway, I'm happy that I finally tried this sim. I think I'll stick with it for many years.

Adam from Hungary

• Like Like x 3
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  20. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Welcome to Raceroom Adam.