Released Game Update - 26th August 2020

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by J-F Chardon, Aug 26, 2020.

1. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    Update details:
    Download size = 5.7 GB
    Client version = 0.9.0.985
    Client BuildID = 5460372
    Dedi version = 66.0.1184
    Dedi BuildID = 5462272

Changelist:
    • Lada Vesta is now free to play with 2 liveries, playable against WTCR car classes.
    • Prepared content for upcoming DTM 2020 competitions
    • Sounds - Cockpit cameras now feature backfire samples specific to the interior of the car, bringing extra life and vibrance.
    • Sounds - New lot of samples for backfires and made their patterns richer. Amount of backfire is car dependant and much more diverse than before.
    • Sounds - Brake disk whine samples volume is now affected by the brake disk temperature. New recordings of brake whines for GT cars.
    • Sounds - New fuel pumps samples
    • Sounds - New gravel sound samples.
    • Sounds - Porsche 911 GT3 Cup - New sound recordings
    • Drag Reduction System and Push to Pass are now split in two unique control bindings
    • Added a key binding for FFB Multiplier, allowing to adjust this setting from inside the car.
    • Moved some old HUD overlays to the butterHUD system (Traction Control, Brake Bias)
    • Disabled the in-game screenshot capture system, as it caused conflicts with and was inferior in quality to Steam’s own screenshot capturing. Visit your Steam client settings menu to bind a key and select a folder for your screenshots.
    • Changed so the graphics_options.xml located in your Documents folder now contains variable names, making it easier to edit some settings through notepad.
    • Dedicated server - Scheduler - Improvements to handling of different time zones between browser and host machine
    • AI - Porsche 911 GT3 Cup + Sprint - Tweaks to improve their handling of slow turns
    • AI - DEKRA Lausitzring - Fixed AI braking later than the pit lane entrance gate.
    • AI - Dubai - Fixed some broken waypoint that was causing AI’s to stop driving
    • AI - Nordschleife - Calmed down some AI’s around the Adenauer forest.
    • Art - DEKRA Lausitzring - Fixed the sudden disappearance of certain track objects while sitting in the gravel in turns 8 and 10.
    • Art - Sachsenring - Updates to bring it to 2020 visuals.
    • Art - Spa-Francorchamps - Updates to bring it to 2020 visuals
    • Renamed Mazda Laguna Seca into Weathertech Raceway Laguna Seca.

• Like x 10
    • Wonderful x 6
    • Winner x 4
    • Love it! x 1
    • Useful x 1
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2020
  2. Turtle Power

Turtle Power Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Nice work. Cant wait to get started

3. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    Uff, I really think you've heard my whining about incar sounds, in and outlaps and the FFB Meter Buttons.
    Very thanks ;)

• Love it! Love it! x 1
  4. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    Some explanations on this would be helpful!

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Any news on the Thrustmaster issues?
    I checked just in case J-F overlooked it in the notes but still the same, bit of a game breaker tbh. Relegates TM owners to no ranked or damage enabled servers, jeez, there's wasn't that much choice before being knobbled. :rolleyes:

6. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    We can't get to the bottom of the problem. For some disabling collision jolts works and for some it doesn't. Then you have people with different versions of the TM firmware which might be making a difference. It's really annoying. Which wheel are you on again?

7. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    The file that stores your graphics settings is called "graphics_options.xml" and it's saved in Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData.

Until now the variable descriptions had been removed on public builds, for no apparent reason. So until today, if you opened the file it would have looked like this:
    upload_2020-8-26_15-32-40.png

and nobody outside the team actually knew what these settings stand for (except for the obvious ones ;) ).

This has been changed and variable descriptions are no longer stripped from the public file, so it should look like this now:
    upload_2020-8-26_15-34-43.png

It's not something you should usually need, but in case you want or have to make some edits in there it should be a whole lot easier now cause everyone can see what each setting does and we don't have to count lines anymore.

Note for example that there's settings for brightness and contrast adjustment (which should really be in-game sliders, but as long as they aren't you have the possibility to edit those values here).
    upload_2020-8-26_15-37-7.png

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2020
  8. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    Can you try setting Jolt Magnitude to 0.0 in the rcs you use?

9. Jukka Karppinen

Jukka Karppinen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +137 / 0 / -0
    Whow, loving the new backfire sounds, perfect Job! Althought my laptimes are now slower as i wanna lift off earlier just to hear that glorious bassy pop bob pobbpob bang again :D Adds lot of immersion. Also brake whine is great now, finally i can _hear_ my brake temps. Many thanks for The update!

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  10. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    Is the 380 horsepower correct for the Vesta? That's WTCC (TC1 reg) level, TCR cars tend to have less power.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. inthebagbud

inthebagbud Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    Added a key binding for FFB Multiplier, allowing to adjust this setting from inside the car - - - gets a full tick from me saves so much faffing

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Lixma

Lixma Honorary QA

Ratings:
    +174 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 8
  13. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    Pretty okay-ish improvements on the sound, but i don't quite see the "would never go back to the old one"-thing, that was described, yet. It's different and brakes sound realistic, also nice, to have it temp dependent.

The new Porsche Cup sample sounds alright, i would not put it in my favourite Porsche Cup sounds list, though. It's noticeable, that it is a recorded Porsche, it's also noticeable, that maybe the frequencies, that make it so good sounding are somewhat masked by a frequency mix, that sounds, if you play with the presence on a guitar amp, too much...hard to describe. Pretty violent in the upper-mids area. Same for all modern Porsche race cars in R3E.
    (EDIT: This is specifically for Interior)

I'm looking forward to tweaks on the edgy tyre limit in coming updates! :p

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2020
  14. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    When you have to go back and forth between the live game and the beta game the difference in.sounds was very noticeable. Luckily for the end user once you have new features they don't get taken away again....

• Like Like x 1
  15. CrimsonEminence

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    I'm not saying, anything is taken away. It's just not the big thing, i read about, that's all.^^
    Features and actual improvements are nice to have, no question!

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    Is this related to refueling? I noticed that there's some kind of a repeating clicking sound during refueling, is this intended?

17. CrimsonEminence

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    Press ignition, without starting the engine and listen to the sound. ;)

18. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Already set to 0.0.
    FFB jolt magnitude="0.0" // How strong jolts from other cars (or walls) are. Suggested Range: -2.0 to 2.0.

I just tried to go online in a non ranking server at Hungaroring in Zee German Cup car and made it round turn one, then total suspension failure.
    So now I have a problem, I only race online! :(

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Which wheel?

20. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    Thrustmaster t300 if im not mistaken