Set FOV Ingame

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Juergen Herrmann, Jan 30, 2015.

1. Juergen Herrmann

Juergen Herrmann New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Hi,
    how can i set my FOV Ingame (on Track)?

2. Georg Ortner

Georg Ortner KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +3,507 / 0 / -0
    FOV Setting can be found in Visual Options.
    There is no option (yet) to adjust it while driving.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Brandon Wright

Brandon Wright Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +312 / 0 / -0
    Would be great if we could. Due to the very long load times it can sometimes take 20+ minutes just to get your FOV where you like it. That's time that could be spent racing!! :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Ernie

Ernie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Agree.
    Or just use this FOV calculator first, to have a starting point.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Brandon Wright

Brandon Wright Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +312 / 0 / -0
    That works fine in other games but I've found it not to be very effective in R3E as it tells me my FOV should be around 34º and R3E's FOV slider doesn't work on that numerical scale. I've also found R3E requires a different approach due to the lack of triple-screen support, I have to use a non-ideal FOV setting and then adjust my seat position to balance it out. And this can change from one car to the next.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ernie

Ernie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    You can select "Raceroom Racing Experience" in that FOV-Calculator. That gives you the R3E-FOV-Multiplier as a result.

7. townnet

townnet Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    No Lateral G force setting in this game?

8. Kurt Vanhee

Kurt Vanhee Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    I have it like ingame @0.9 and changed the C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\raceroom racing experience\Game\GameData\Cars\Audi_RS_5_DTM_2014\Cameras\cockpit_driver_view_triple.xml to 34.
    Thats for the the Audi DTM 2014, the Bmw and Mercedes shows me abit of the hood.

Just sat down in the car and this gives me the Audi-view. Just looking over the wipers to the track:p Suits me best. Dont like the Bmw and Mercedes triple view:cool:

9. Coanda

Coanda Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    it's a little weirdo that that race room has just about every sim option you could think of and want however when it comes to FOV there is a multiplier scale.. Why not give the option to input the exact degree of FOV like every other racing sim..

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    As you can see here, most sims use different FOV scales: https://dinex86.github.io/FOV-Calculator/

11. Coanda

Coanda Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Yeah I understand their is typically horizontal or vertical FOV.. The issue is a single FOV factor, ie. 0.6x in RRE can cover 5-6 degrees of FOV range in something like ACC/AMS2..

I would like to either input 58(h) or 35(v) degrees of FOV to exactly match all my other race sims..

Last edited: Sep 7, 2020
  12. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    Havent tried this myself but it should be possible to manually get a more precise value by doing whats described in the picture (credits to @HomieFFM)
    In your case (assuming youre on single screen) 0.6 should be pretty much spot on tho so id just go with that as the normal in-game setting rather than looking through the files

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  13. Coanda

Coanda Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Thank you matey that is the equation i am looking for.. :)

• Like Like x 1
  14. HomieFFM

HomieFFM Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +295 / 0 / -0
    if you want to go really banana with the FOV stuff you can read my first post in this thread.

• Useful Useful x 1