Misc Custom Singleplayer career mode

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by Olaf Hülse, Aug 13, 2020.

1. Olaf Hülse

Olaf Hülse Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +505 / 0 / -0
    This is a project that took me some months to make and will take some months to be completely done.
    But this is the first version that is presentable and works.

I proudly present to you:
    Raceroom Singleplayer 'career mode'

As Raceroom itself does not feature a career mode itself, I decided to fill this small gap. With knowledge of Raceroom dating back to 2016, I built the main idea of the career mode on a table that includes every Raceroom class (except Hillclimb Icons-they'll get a special place though!)
    How to work with it is all explained in a seperate document (marked with text). It not only includes a instruction on how to use the table, but should give a brief overview of every class in Raceroom and inspire your career journey. Just have a look on what interests you, explore and be creative!
    The modding restrictions do not allow to force the player to follow a certain structure, but this may make this career mode one of the most realistic and open ones in the entire simracing world.
    I would very much appreciate it if you give it a go and maybe give feedback, that would really help me out!

Some awesome people I have to give credit, as their work made me able to create this:
    Sector3Studios to create this awesome simulation and keeps me on it since four years.
    Winzgarten for his second monitor app. Very useful, check it out:
    https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/secondmonitor-timing-status-app.9587/
    https://gitlab.com/winzarten/SecondMonitor/-/releases
    Step Unique for providing awesome high quality Raceroom logos on his web page: https://sites.google.com/view/stepscollection/index
    Some awesome Beta testers who took some of their free time to help me out and make these documents the way they are now:
    DDF Racer
    MoonieGT
    R-VR Closet (heppsan)
    Wanderer

Some more useful links you may need:

Adaptive AI Tool
    https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/adaptive-ai-the-tool-how-to.12888/

AI filters
    https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/share-your-ai-filters.12259/

Raceroom Discord
    https://discord.gg/KQ2nwkt

-Updates-
    Updated text file to V 1.1
    Uploaded the files to the forum
    Updated text file to V 1.2
    Updated text file to V 1.3
    Updated table file to V 1.3

Greetings

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 5
    • Creative Creative x 3
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2020
  2. Leowine

Leowine New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    This is pure gold for a novice like me - thank you!

• Love it! Love it! x 2
  3. Olaf Hülse

Ratings:
    +505 / 0 / -0
    Today's a special day for me and it marks the first official update on this project!
    Updated files can be found in the top post and here's your little changelog.

Version 1.2
    Overview:

• Added and replaced new class icons. PDF file now has smaller imperfections.
    Textfile:

• Green theme to distinguish between V1.1 and V1.2.
    • Greyed out finished projects in the roadmap. Added new projects to the roadmap.
    • Made MoonieGT’s name green in ‘Betatesters’. [Check him out, he’s going to make a ‘Race for Research’ 12h live stream, raising money to fight against pediatric cancer on 19th of September]
    • Document now is 5 pages longer than before.
    • Minor text adjustments, grammar, typos etc. Thank you for reporting!
    • All GTR3 cars now have a separate information chapter.
    • Added separate information to each available season of following classes:
      DTM
      ADAC GT Masters
      WTCC
      WTCR
    • Added Motorland Aragón to the track list.
    Update V 1.2.1: Quick fix so that all files work properly as named.

Thank you for your support and feedback! Have a nice day!
    Greetings

• Like Like x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2020
  4. blgk

blgk Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Thank you Olaf!

• Love it! Love it! x 1
  5. XanderSJX

XanderSJX New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    @Olaf Hülse thanks for this, very nice work. Just one thing with latest files, when I open "overview" file I get table with updated icons and not overview empty table.

• Love it! Love it! x 1
  6. Olaf Hülse

Ratings:
    +505 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for this :)
    Weird naming issue, fixed it :D
    Greetings

7. Olaf Hülse

Ratings:
    +505 / 0 / -0
    It's been a bit quiet the last month here, so just a quick roadbook to give those who are interested in this project a heads up:
    V 1.3 is scheduled to be released at the end of this month. This update will include:
    1. Pictures of each car and video links to class teasers. As I'm not good at editing videos, they will serve as an appetizer.
    2. New cars and series (e.g. DTM 2020)
    3. More in depth information on some cars in their series. Mainly this is about making proper headlines for better navigation.
    4. Various fixes and typos
    5. Discord user 'bubblejohns' had some very nice ideas on how to improve the immersion. Some of this will find its way into the new update, more is yet to come.
    6. Overview will also be updated (mainly DTM 2020 has to fit in there somehow)
    Further schedule is as follows:
    November and December is filled with the 2020 iteration of the inofficial Raceroom Advent Calendar. I'm planning on some special additions to make it even better this year, so stay tuned for that.
    V 1.4 is set to be ready mid February. But don't lock me on that, it's pretty far in the future.

Further roadbook can be looked up in the textfile. If you got any corrections, additions and feedback then please let me know!

Greetings

8. Rujasu

Rujasu New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Sadly, there does not seem to be a working method for racing with the WTCC Citroens anymore, aside from owning them in the first place, so that link can probably be removed from the guide.

9. Olaf Hülse

Ratings:
    +505 / 0 / -0
    @Rujasu that feature is still working.
    WTCC 2014 17 cars included, so select 16
    WTCC 2015 24 cars included, so select 23
    WTCC 2016 21 cars included, so select 20
    WTCC 2017 16 cars included, so select 15
    Selection via this button:
    20201015113054_1.jpg
    Greetings

10. Rujasu

Rujasu New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Huh, that's interesting. It definitely did not work the first time I tried, but can't reproduce the problem. False alarm then I guess, carry on.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Olaf Hülse

Ratings:
    +505 / 0 / -0
    Version 1.3

1. Pictures of each car. As I'm not good at editing videos, I've postponed the trailers for each class until further notice.
    2. New cars and series (DTM 2020, Cupra E Racer)
    3. More in depth information on some cars in their series. Mainly this is about making proper headlines for better navigation.
    4. Various fixes and typos
    5. Discord user 'bubblejohns' had some very nice ideas on how to improve the immersion. Short article on Wildcards, more might follow.
    6. Updated the table to fit in Cupra E Racer and DTM 2020.
    7. Document is now almost 30 pages longer than before, mostly due to the pictures.
    Following schedule is set to be the same. Advent Calendar 2020 first and new updates to this project early next year that is going to include quick circuit guides.
    I use this post again to thank you very much on your feedback and input over the last months! You make this project continue and grow!
    Note: Quick hotfix to the Ford GT GT3 picture that accidentally showed a Camaro.
    Greetings

Last edited: Oct 23, 2020
  12. Olaf Hülse

Ratings:
    +505 / 0 / -0

A glimpse of what is about to come to this project...
    @FeltHλt has stepped in and offered his work on the planned Trailers for each class!
    This one is the first ready and is going to be implemented into the document in the next version.
    Massive shoutout to this guy, he's making this project better by each frame (you should consider liking and subscribing on his channel)!
    For now, it is planned that the videos linked will be partially the original Raceroom trailers and partially Felthat's creations.
    As already mentioned, next update should be out early next year. Focus is now on the Raceroom Advent Calendar :D
    Greetings

13. Old Relik

Old Relik New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi, this is just great but can't find the download? I have downloaded the PDF file all ok. Please can you help me?

14. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +478 / 0 / -0
    Those 3 files are all there is (atleast i think), give the one with the text a read, it explains everything. It is not some kind of career mod you put directly into the game, but rather frame and guide to create immersive and as real as possible seasons and careers

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. Olaf Hülse

Ratings:
    +505 / 0 / -0
    Yes, what FeltHat says. Raceroom isn't modable in the common form. You can adjust HUD, have tools as CrewChief or SecondMonitor, but no direct messing with the sim itself.
    So just pick a starting class and create a quick championship and see if you enjoy it.
    Greetings

16. Old Relik

Old Relik New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Guys! Easy when you know how, as it were. A big thanks for sharing and all the effort you have put into it.

• Love it! Love it! x 1
  17. Olaf Hülse

Ratings:
    +505 / 0 / -0
    Here we go!
    Version 1.4 of the Raceroom Singleplayer Career Mode files is out now!

Small changelog:

Version 1.4
    Table: Addition of the new cars and classes of the December 2020 update

Textfile:
    -Addition of 15 new pages (we're now at 86 pages)
    -Added all Circuits along with description and very subjective ratings
    -Addtition of the new cars and classes of the December 2020 update
    -the top cover colour is now purple
    -minor fixes and tweaks

@FeltHλt made this lovely Porsche 911 GT3 Cup trailer:

And what's up next?
    The Hillclimb Update (V 1.5 maybe)
    The Hillclimbs are a minor, but important feature in Raceroom's content.
    I'll include them as a seperate chapter and it's going to be great :)

The Tips for Rookies Update (V 1.6 maybe)
    This document, designed as a custom career mode, got bigger than that. I know of many new guys that got into SimRacing and Raceroom found this document or got it recommended. Thank you dear community for sharing just being awesome!
    But as they'll race against real opponents sooner or later, I'll give a few tips on how to behave, setups and whatever I feel worth adding

And that's it for today at least. I can't give you a specific update day, but my guess is around summer.
    Thank you, once more, for your feedback and overall positive response! Feel free to give critic as usual and have a good day!

Greetings

• Like Like x 3
  18. Olaf Hülse

Ratings:
    +505 / 0 / -0
    A column article I found earlier this year and forgot to share here...
    German text sadly...but maybe Google Translator can help a bit.
    Short Summary: The writer searched for a good career mode in racing games. After talking about Forza, Project Cars etc. the author found Raceroom and, an even bigger surprise, this thread :)

https://www.prosiebengames.de/magazin/kolumnen/das-verflixte-doppel-k-des-rennspielgenres

The Hillclimb update is set to be released in one month :)
    Greetings

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  19. Sparkster

Sparkster New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Really cool improvisation of a single player career.
    I'm gonna set the necessary things up and then get racing.